2005 Kia Sorento Wheel Spacers

Default 2005 Kia Sorento Wheel Spacers

After fitting a coil lift kit to the Sorento (http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...ad.php?t=97564), I decided to add wheel spacers to help minimise the effect of the raised suspension.

Once again, any aftermarket modification for the Sorento is not readily available in South Africa, or the world for that matter.

So I might as well do everything from scratch, do it precise and save myself a buck in the end (or not...seeing as custom milling tends to get pricey these days).
    I have draughted my design and are currently waiting on quotations. I will post the design once I fit the rings and I am sure that the design is sufficient.

Provisional planning is to have machined aluminium rings, alternatively mild steel rings, depending on cost.

I will be doing a 50mm total track widening eg. 25mm per side. The existing wheel studs protrude 25mm from the hub, so I will only cover them.

Similar to pic:

The specs for the Kia hubs is as follows:

2005 Kia Sorento
    Bolt Pattern: 5 x 139.7 (also referred to as 5 x 5.5)
    Center Bore: 95.3
    Hardware:12 x 1.50 Lug
    Offset: 15-25mm

Here are two handy sites for looking up bolt patterns and hub sizes on almost all vehicles.

http://www.roadkillcustoms.com/hot-r...SpreadMM=139.7

http://www.boltpatternguide.net/index.html

Now there are a lot of vehicles using the 5 x 5.5 configuration, but only the Sorento and Sportage uses the 95.3mm center bore size.

The quickest way to over come this, is the same as when fitting new rims. You have to add hub adapter (hub centric) rings to fit the required center bore. I will however do the solid one-piece hubcentric adapter spacer for peace of mind.

Here is a nice read on the subject.

http://bernardembden.com/xjs/hubcentric/index.htm

Pro's and Con's:

I don't want this thread to becom a debate on the matter, I will simply point out that I did consider the options and that I will be doing 25mm per side only. I do not need the stace of a bullfrog, just a little to compensate for the body roll.
    Herman Bellville
    2005 Kia Sorento EX 2.5diesel Coil Lift Kit, Body Lit Kit, 4mm Bash Plate, Rock Sliders, Wheel Spacers.

Subscribed...

Johan van Rensburg
    2009 Mitsubishi Triton 2.5 - Rocksliders - Bashplate - Radio Replacement
    DiWa Offroad Caravan

I just got the quote for the spacers and as suspected the line between import and locally made is a thin one.

The set of 4 spacers work out to about R2400 for Alu and R2250 for mild steel. Add the lugs and nuts and you are spot on the R2800 that Customsorento charge for a set of 4 landed in SA...

Imput/ideas? I will definitely obtain a couple more quotes, it's just that the company I dealt with does EXTREMELY precise and excellent work and they would have been the first prize.
    Herman Bellville
    2005 Kia Sorento EX 2.5diesel Coil Lift Kit, Body Lit Kit, 4mm Bash Plate, Rock Sliders, Wheel Spacers.

I ordered some spacers yesterday and it will be here by end of next week hopefully. These are imported by a friend who does imports, so I saved quite a bit on the postage.

Will let you know about the quality and fitment if anybody want some too.

I have to fit spacers now as I'm planning on fitting some bigger rubber within the next month and I don't want to be stuck with scraping tyres.
    Herman Bellville