3 Provinces 16 December weekend - Page 4

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thanks guys. I just got to make sure I get off work in time to meet alternatively we will meet at the camp site. But I would prefer to meet you guys before.

My wife did ask me to find out how many of your partners, wives and birds would be traveling with us and when we on the trail do they also join (I realize this is a question for each individual) but I think what she is trying to find out is after day one and she is not keen to join again or scared of my driving (one of the two) would there be company at the camp and she also says she does not want to be a 3rd wheel on the trails.
    98' Defender Hardtop 110 (300tdi)
    54' Moto Rumi Formichino (project in progress)
    58' Vespa GS150
    62' Vespa GS160
    66' Vespa SS180
    69' Vespa Rally 180
    69' Lambretta LI150

Quote Originally Posted by 4.0 TURBO WJ View Post
    is it possible to join for a day? i could drive down early friday and join the trail! and drive back friday nite or if that is not doable i could then bring a sleeping bag and camp?
    You can come through for the 3 Provinces trail if you like but if you leave Friday morning very early your day will be very long.

I suggest you come through on Thursday so that you don't have to rush on Friday morning but it is your choice.

Franz

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter King View Post
    Thanks guys. I just got to make sure I get off work in time to meet alternatively we will meet at the camp site. But I would prefer to meet you guys before.
    My wife did ask me to find out how many of your partners, wives and birds would be traveling with us and when we on the trail do they also join (I realize this is a question for each individual) but I think what she is trying to find out is after day one and she is not keen to join again or scared of my driving (one of the two) would there be company at the camp and she also says she does not want to be a 3rd wheel on the trails.
    Birds
    We normally don't take pets with other than wifes and kids (run and hide)

It is a family thing. We all drive together and normally no one stays at the camping area.

Franz

Hi Franz,

do you perhaps know if there is still space available?

Will my standard Triton with standard tyres make it on the trails? Or should I wait for next year when I've got proper tyres on?
    2015 Mitsubishi Triton 2.5 DiD HP D/C 4x4
    2011 Conqueror Courage

2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon MW3 : SOLD One day I will have another...

GP0111

Hang on... got my dates screwed...

I'll be camping at Moreson Ranch just outside Vrede that weekend which I notice is only 80km from Volksrust...

Would I be able to join for the day if I can get confirmation that my car can make it?
    2011 Conqueror Courage

GP0111

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonW View Post
    Hi Franz,
    do you perhaps know if there is still space available?
    Will my standard Triton with standard tyres make it on the trails? Or should I wait for next year when I've got proper tyres on?
    Your Triton will be fine. RynoB is going with his Landie and if he can do it then you will have no problem.

Yes you can come through on Friday morning no problem if you wish but please remember that we will be leaving for the trail between 8am and 8:30am.

Franz
    082 343 4949

Take her with mwhahahaha mine is cunningly disguised as my chauffeur ..... Shani is driving the trail while I look on. ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk....... Who cares ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Flagster View Post
    Shani,
    Did you see this.

Franz
    So exactly what time do you want to eat? Ray has a tendency to build up some Dutch courage before he touches the meat.... But then again you did say you want to start the trail early in the mornings, I am sure Ray Ray could assist with this aspect of the weekend....
    Shani

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

1999 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.0 GLX SWB 24V
    Platkar - Hyundai Tucson
    Member - 4x4Action Group - GP0189

Wish list: Body wrap, suspension lift, big tyres, snorkel, diff locks, rock sliders....

Hi Scooter King
    Great news, chics are all very liberated, we have been given a "restricted" voice on the forum. We don't comment on the scientific details of vehicles, or provide advise on general "male" issues. However we do get very involved with the outing arrangements. (your wife is more than welcome to sign up... At least that way she will know when she is volunteered for salad duty) secondly we are also allowed to drive while on trails.... This of course depends on you since it is possibly your vehicle, however as one of our very wise counter parts once commented.... The best way for you to get to 4x4 as often as you like is to get her hooked as well....
    Speaking from experience... There is no pressure to do an obstacle, but should you decide to do it there is an unlimited number of people who have "got your back", they support, guide and encourage every step of the way...
    One final comment then I promise to click submit... I am a bit of an introvert (oh stop laughing guys and read the rest of the sentence) but the ladies on the forum are a wonderful bunch of women who welcome any new comer to our circle of friends with wide open arms, We are a very comfortable group of ladies....

Look forward to meeting your SWAMBO....
    Last edited by Miss Kubu; 2011/11/30 at 07:53 PM.
    Shani

Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

1999 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.0 GLX SWB 24V
    Platkar - Hyundai Tucson
    Member - 4x4Action Group - GP0189

Wish list: Body wrap, suspension lift, big tyres, snorkel, diff locks, rock sliders....

Quote Originally Posted by Barbamamma View Post
    So exactly what time do you want to eat? Ray has a tendency to build up some Dutch courage before he touches the meat.... But then again you did say you want to start the trail early in the mornings, I am sure Ray Ray could assist with this aspect of the weekend....
    I'm a little worried about that. Gonna hide his energy drinks.

Hang on... got my dates screwed...
    I'll be camping at Moreson Ranch just outside Vrede that weekend which I notice is only 80km from Volksrust...
    Would I be able to join for the day if I can get confirmation that my car can make it?
    Must say the Triton is more than capable of doing the trail its the tires that normaly take a beating ,due to the rocks
    1999 Isuzu Frontier 2.8 dt(Intercooled) 4x4
    2014 Toyota RAV4 2.2 GX 4x4

Hi Franz,

I don't thinking will be ale to make the Friday trail as I still have to work a full day on Thursday. Can I possibly join you guys for the trails on Saturday? Not sure if we will join for the braai on Saturday night but will definitely stick around for a beer or 2 after the trails are done... What would we need to bring with?

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2011 Conqueror Courage

GP0111

Hi Franz,
    I don't thinking will be ale to make the Friday trail as I still have to work a full day on Thursday. Can I possibly join you guys for the trails on Saturday? Not sure if we will join for the braai on Saturday night but will definitely stick around for a beer or 2 after the trails are done... What would we need to bring with?
    Cheers
    Yip you welcome to. just bring your recovery gear, meat if you would like to braai and your beers for after the trail.

It's going to be fun.

Franz

Excellent, count us in for the Saturday! :>

Will contact you closer to the time to arrange where to meet etc.

Will bring recovery gear, not much at the moment, still building it up but I have the basics I think.

Looking forward to it, can't wait!

2011 Conqueror Courage

GP0111

Quote Originally Posted by Barbamamma View Post
    Hi Scooter King
    Great news, chics are all very liberated, we have been given a "restricted" voice on the forum. We don't comment on the scientific details of vehicles, or provide advise on general "male" issues. However we do get very involved with the outing arrangements. (your wife is more than welcome to sign up... At least that way she will know when she is volunteered for salad duty) secondly we are also allowed to drive while on trails.... This of course depends on you since it is possibly your vehicle, however as one of our very wise counter parts once commented.... The best way for you to get to 4x4 as often as you like is to get her hooked as well....
    Speaking from experience... There is no pressure to do an obstacle, but should you decide to do it there is an unlimited number of people who have "got your back", they support, guide and encourage every step of the way...
    One final comment then I promise to click submit... I am a bit of an introvert (oh stop laughing guys and read the rest of the sentence) but the ladies on the forum are a wonderful bunch of women who welcome any new comer to our circle of friends with wide open arms, We are a very comfortable group of ladies....
    Look forward to meeting your SWAMBO....
    Well said my buddy! Hear Hear!

I am so looking forward to this weekend. Only 15 Sleeps!

Looking forward to seeing all our friends & making new friends!

Also can't wait to do the trails!
    Wendy
    (Flagster's Brat)
    Lead me not into temptation.....I can get there myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Flagster View Post
    Your Triton will be fine. RynoB is going with his Landie and if he can do it then you will have no problem.
    Franz you will be the first to be recovered with the Landie

Sorry I did not post the past weeks but things are a bit hectic and difficult at present.

I will be there with my recovery gear permanent fastened at the back and the Landie loves recovering suzus

Ryno Black
    Amarok V6

Ladies thank you very much for your reply sounds like you guys all have a jol and I can not wait to join on this weekend, and if the SWAMBO likes she is on my insurance as a driver so she is welcome to try the obstacles, and as you have pointed out the more she likes the 4x4 trails the more often we will get to go on them.

Gentlemen I see you guys now talking about recovery gear, I DONT HAVE ANY what do i need to get for this weekend give me the essentials. if I have a mate that manufactures webbing tape and products from webbing would he be able to make up any of my recovery gear for me.
    58' Vespa GS150
    62' Vespa GS160
    66' Vespa SS180
    69' Vespa Rally 180
    69' Lambretta LI150

Scooter King, I am sure we have just about everything between us, and there would be no need to spend extra cash on that now (unless you really really want to). The main requirement is normally just a strap, some shackles, and two bridals. This should get you out of 80% of the situations you mind find yourself in.

Between me and Frans, we also have winches, for the really tuff recoveries, and we are not scared to use them (It make for good photos and endless mocking)

Recovery gear is expensive, and therefore everybody is always eager to help where they can.
    EX: Mitsu Man

Gerhard de Lange

2014 Isuzu KB 250 DC 4x4
    2013 Isuzu KB 300 Club
    2003 Defender TD5 with everything.(My 4x4)
    2005 Hyundai Getz
    1962 Land Rover Series 11A 109 Inch (My project)
    1962 Land Rover Series 11A 89 Inch (My other project)

Quote Originally Posted by 90 Inches View Post
    Scooter King, I am sure we have just about everything between us, and there would be no need to spend extra cash on that now (unless you really really want to). The main requirement is normally just a strap, some shackles, and two bridals. This should get you out of 80% of the situations you mind find yourself in.

Between me and Frans, we also have winches, for the really tuff recoveries, and we are not scared to use them (It make for good photos and endless mocking)

Recovery gear is expensive, and therefore everybody is always eager to help where they can.
    Gerhardt, any idea where I can get a winch, I have decided it is a must as the Landie always go into places it should not

Ryno Black
    Amarok V6

Quote Originally Posted by 90 Inches View Post

Thank you very much Gerhard, I dont really want to spend any money right now just bought the Landy you see. and as for the recovery and mocking I open the door as a Novice to get nailed on every time I am recovered over the weekend, Assuming it will be a lot.

Getting excited

Thanks Guys
    58' Vespa GS150
    62' Vespa GS160
    66' Vespa SS180
    69' Vespa Rally 180
    69' Lambretta LI150

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast