Bleeding Diesel System - 2.9 Terracan

Default Bleeding Diesel System - 2.9 Terracan

Hi Guy's,

Please help .........yesterday my Terry stalled on the side of the road. At first I thought that I had ran out of Diesel (Gauge Level was very low). I then got 10 litres and filled it in the tank but she still would not start. Does anyone have any idea how do I go about bleeding the system ? ...How would I be able to test the Fuel pump or any idea's as to what the problem could be ?

Quote Originally Posted by Niel Pillay View Post
    Hi Guy's,

Please help .........yesterday my Terry stalled on the side of the road. At first I thought that I had ran out of Diesel (Gauge Level was very low). I then got 10 litres and filled it in the tank but she still would not start. Does anyone have any idea how do I go about bleeding the system ? ...How would I be able to test the Fuel pump or any idea's as to what the problem could be ?
    When facing the car, on the right hand side of the engine you wil see the dieselfilter. Just next to it is a little rubber air pump - it looks like a little black rubber ball. Squish it slowly for about 5-8 times. You should feel it getting harder. I think it would be a good time to drain the water from the filter as well. It is covered in the owners manual. Remember, every time you open the fuel system you need to bleed it.

Hi Niel

If the above bleeding does not help, you should not be surprised if you have injector failure. My first injector failure happened this way. I was stuck and had to be towed in. All 4 injectors were replaced. If this is perhaps the case, then contact me as I noticed that these injectors can be bought on ebay for a much more reasonable price. I have four faulty injectors at home and get the part numbers from them.

If you continue to battle, do yourself a favour and contact Rykie Kruger at RZ Automotive in Benoni. His number is 082 772 3367. I think he is somewhere in Great North Road. He is well know to do repairs at very reasonable pricing and he is honest with the customer.

Good luck

Niel

I checked on www.ebay.com and found a reburbished Terracan injector which will set you back about R2,000 each (or US$ 189 plus shipping). A new injector with part number 33800-4X500 will set you back about R2,600 (or US$ 295 + shipping). The seller indicates if you buy for more than US$500, you should contact him for special discount. My injectors were R9,500 each her in SA in December 2009. For that price one can buy 4 new ones.

Giel

Hi Guy's,

Sorry for the late reply.......I managed to get her started last night. I did bleed the diesel by unplugging the pipe at the filter then using the rubber air pump to pump the diesel through, when the diesel was flowing I plugged the pipe back in and then started it. Giel, thanks for the very useful information. This Forum Works.