Botswana Park fees payable in advance?

Default Botswana Park fees payable in advance?

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if one can pay park entry fees (person & vehicle) prior to your trip, or must you visit one of the DWNP payment offices when you are in Botswana?

I would much rather pay it all by credit card before we go if possible, and then not have to worry about it during the trip. If it's possible, do they then send you some sort of confirmation and permits?

thanks again

Hi. Unless you have booked accommodation through one of the tour operaters with concessions in the parks and they have included the permit fees, I think you would have to visit the DWNP offices yourself.

Park fees can be paid in advance. You just need to email them your booking confirmation(s) and they will send you a document indicating the amounts due as well as a form for paying by credit card.

Payment will be confirmed by return email and they will also post an original receipt.

Am also concerned with paying the park fees before we head off in december. I was told by the DWNP that we could pay park fees at the entry gates (we are staying in Makgadikgadi, moremi & CHobe), was wondering if this is relatively easy, or would the people of this forum recommend paying in advance?
    Your thoughts are appreciated.

It's easy and better to pay before leaving home. Book your dates and then have them email you an invoice, pay it and then email the proof of payment back to them. They no longer accept any cash at the gates, it's been like this for some time now.
    Park fees and the accommodation fees are booked and payed to different organisations. Most of the camps have been privitised and you will first need to find out who the camps now belongs to.

Park fees can certainly be paid at the gate near Kasane. They accepted both Pula and cards
    Margaret

I went to Nxai, Moremi and Chobe in August and I paid the park fess to DWNP in advanced (April) as Yada says. I sent the proof of payment of my booking confimrations to DWNP, they emailed me an invoice indicating the amounts due as well as a form for paying by credit card. I emailed this back to them and they emailed me the confirmation voucher. Printed and ready to show it at the gates. Easy.