Where to take my Can for service and repairs

Default Where to take my Can for service and repairs

Hey Everyone,
    So I have a 2.9 Can that has a bit of an oil leak seems to be from the rear of the motor firewall side and I really dont have the time or space to work on the car. Where can I take the car to have the problem looked at? I live in JHB north but I am happy to take it just about anywhere (but the agents) who does good work for reasonable money, any suggestions?
    Secondly I have had the car for about 1 year or so and it has about 150 000 on the clock. The service history is questionable so I was wondering what all I should get done while its in for service. Should the cambelt be changed?
    Any and all advice welcome, I only drive the car on weekends I want to do some trips to Moz but want the car in top condition before I head out.
    Thank you,
    Matthew

Hi Matthew, the cambelt and tensioners needs to be done at 90000km intervals. Hyundai should have a record of the car's service history if it was doen by them. If the cambelt was not done previously, do it asap. Mine is going to and indie on Monday for the same job and I will post costs soon. How serious is the leak? I traced my "leak" to the strut running below the sump plug. When you do an oil change and the last bit of oil drains from the motor it does not fall straight down in the drip tray, but runs onto the strut. It is difficult to get clean and can appear to look like it is leaking for quite some time - hope this makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    Hi Matthew, the cambelt and tensioners needs to be done at 90000km intervals. Hyundai should have a record of the car's service history if it was doen by them. If the cambelt was not done previously, do it asap. Mine is going to and indie on Monday for the same job and I will post costs soon. How serious is the leak? I traced my "leak" to the strut running below the sump plug. When you do an oil change and the last bit of oil drains from the motor it does not fall straight down in the drip tray, but runs onto the strut. It is difficult to get clean and can appear to look like it is leaking for quite some time - hope this makes sense.
    Thanks for the reply,

See the service history is all over the place and I dont trust the book at all. Would rather service and replace all the things that should be replaced and know its done now and not have to worry about it later.

The oil leak is a leak for sure, there are nice drops on the floor of my parking bay, it drips about a pint of oil per tank of fuel.

I stripped a bit of the motor this weekend to have a look and it appears to be coming from somewhere near the rear of the motor firewall side. I think it could be the breather pipe between the block and the head, but its so tight even with the intercooler off to see what is the problem.

So I am now happy to send it in but I just dont know who to take it to.

Thanks

Matthew

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    ..When you do an oil change and the last bit of oil drains from the motor it does not fall straight down in the drip tray, but runs onto the strut..
    You need to invest in one of those pumps to suck the oil out, rather than drain it.
    Mercedes W123 300D, runs on Mother Natures Goodness.