Page 175 of 175 FirstFirst ... 170 171 172 173 174 175
Results 3,481 to 3,497 of 3497
  1. #3481
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Durbanville
    Age
    59
    Posts
    198
    Thanked: 164

    Default Re: Pajero Sport Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek777 View Post
    EGR:

    Those who cleaned their EGR (mine PS 2009 3.2), did you feel a difference? I just cleaned mine - sies.

    So now Im wondering if I must get excited to go for a drive and feel
    Mine is blanked of, de-CAT'ed, remapped and throttle controller installed. Definitely more instant power (a lot more responsive), but not lighter on fuel. Same as always (quite heavy at around 7.7km/L average over the last 5 years) that is with roof rack, city driving, towing, 4x4ing (Mabua) etc.

    I do get up to 10km/L just doing 110-120km/h open road not towing (depending on the wind). My PS is mainly use for towing, holidays, heavy loaded, but also a lot of short distance in town driving (to our open water swimming dam on a local farm)
    Carl Breytenbach

    11 Pajero Sport 3.2 Auto
    15 Volvo V40 D3
    Echo 3.5 (Ex Echo 1 Modified)

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to breyts For This Useful Post:


  3. #3482
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Bronkhorstbaai
    Posts
    168
    Thanked: 98

    Default Re: Pajero Sport Thread

    Derek777.
    Mine same colour and model and over 320k km.
    Egr blanked off, cat removed and remapped. More than 150k km ago. Engine is just happier and much more responsive. I average 9.4l/100km over the last 100k km, doing 130 on speedo (120 true speed). Bigger pleasure to drive and will never go back to the old map. It's just safer to overtake and less gear changes. My 2ć.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobus RDW For This Useful Post:


  5. #3483
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Joubertina
    Posts
    211
    Thanked: 197

    Default Re: Pajero Sport Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Cobus RDW View Post
    Derek777.
    Mine same colour and model and over 320k km.
    Egr blanked off, cat removed and remapped. More than 150k km ago. Engine is just happier and much more responsive. I average 9.4l/100km over the last 100k km, doing 130 on speedo (120 true speed). Bigger pleasure to drive and will never go back to the old map. It's just safer to overtake and less gear changes. My 2ć.
    Hmmm, maybe you two started to convince me a little now
    "There is a lot of dead squirrels in the middle of the road who could not make a decision"

    Pajero Sport 2010
    SARZA C28

  6. #3484
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Bronkhorstbaai
    Posts
    168
    Thanked: 98

    Default Re: Pajero Sport Thread

    Can't see your details or location anymore, but if in Gauteng, you're welcome to take mine for a test drive.

  7. #3485
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Joubertina
    Posts
    211
    Thanked: 197

    Default Re: Pajero Sport Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Cobus RDW View Post
    Can't see your details or location anymore, but if in Gauteng, you're welcome to take mine for a test drive.
    Thanx vir die offer, maar eks in die Kaap - binnekort in die Oos -Kaap!
    "There is a lot of dead squirrels in the middle of the road who could not make a decision"

    Pajero Sport 2010
    SARZA C28

  8. #3486
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Krugersdorp
    Age
    32
    Posts
    82
    Thanked: 102

    Default Re: Pajero Sport Thread

    Hi All,

    Need some info on this pajero sport please.

    A family member is looking at buying it and was wondering if any of you here maybe know the previous owner or any history on this pajero sport.

    https://www.cars.co.za/for-sale/used...toria/9336063/

    Thanks all!

  9. #3487
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Stellenbosch
    Posts
    1,129
    Thanked: 897

    Default Re: Pajero Sport Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Louw26! View Post
    Hi All,

    Need some info on this pajero sport please.

    A family member is looking at buying it and was wondering if any of you here maybe know the previous owner or any history on this pajero sport.

    https://www.cars.co.za/for-sale/used...toria/9336063/

    Thanks all!
    Verified service history?

  10. #3488
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Bloemfontein
    Age
    48
    Posts
    7,536
    Thanked: 2928

    Default Re: Pajero Sport Thread

    Thats a very good buy if all checks out.
    Most important is a decent service history at a reputable dealer that uses correct oils etc..Those are really reliable motors but i know of 2 guys who had gearbox issues because they used a backyard mechanic who used substandard gear oils.

  11. #3489
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    The Far East (...Boksburg... for now)
    Age
    55
    Posts
    482
    Thanked: 173

    Default Re: Pajero Sport Thread

    Read through this thread start to end to get a good feel for what goes wrong / right (if you have time)
    Service history helps at reputable dealer BUT no guarantee.
    Check oil and ATF dipstick.
    Climb underneath and look for leaks / check all rubber bushings / CVs.
    All these things add up to tell you whether car was looked after or not.
    Check radio controls on steering wheel - clock spring usually goes, not a deal breaker, just a frustration.
    That lower spare wheel makes me believe it has 2nd/aux fuel tank too.

  12. #3490
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Joubertina
    Posts
    211
    Thanked: 197

    Default Re: Pajero Sport Thread

    Does anyone have a lekker canvas type dash cover idea? 2010 PS. The dash is slanted which does not make it very practical. I like to use a dash for the binos or map and stuff

    Cheers
    "There is a lot of dead squirrels in the middle of the road who could not make a decision"

    Pajero Sport 2010
    SARZA C28

  13. #3491
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Bloemfontein
    Age
    52
    Posts
    93
    Thanked: 4

    Default Re: Pajero Sport Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek777 View Post
    That is true.

    Bump stops are fine.

    But I do think my standard coils are moeg anyway, so my options:

    1. Keep current (maybe past their bedtime) standard coils and put airbags in, and replace coils to new standard coils bit later.
    2. Buy new standard coils only (and hope the standard new ones are hard enough)
    3. Buy new standard shocks and add airbags (just because I actually dont know how the NEW standard coils are)
    4. Buy stiffer new coils (which will then mean I have to replace new standard shocks I put in Dec)
    Hi Derek

    Did you come right?

    I have to change my rear shocks but at R9500 from Mitsubishi it's ridiculous as in my opinion the car is too soft (suspension not hard enough).
    I have already got airbags which help tremendously with the weight in the back when you need them but it still does help with the "sway" if i can say it that way.
    I was thinking going with stronger coils and suspension, maybe OME or Iron Man.

    Let me know what you did?

    Thanks
    Charles
    2021 PAJERO SPORT 4X4

  14. #3492
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Joubertina
    Posts
    211
    Thanked: 197

    Default Re: Pajero Sport Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkie View Post
    Hi Derek

    Did you come right?

    I have to change my rear shocks but at R9500 from Mitsubishi it's ridiculous as in my opinion the car is too soft (suspension not hard enough).
    I have already got airbags which help tremendously with the weight in the back when you need them but it still does help with the "sway" if i can say it that way.
    I was thinking going with stronger coils and suspension, maybe OME or Iron Man.

    Let me know what you did?

    Thanks
    Charles
    hi Charles,

    I am receiving quite newish standard front and rear coils that someone sold. I will fit them this week and hope it works.
    "There is a lot of dead squirrels in the middle of the road who could not make a decision"

    Pajero Sport 2010
    SARZA C28

  15. #3493
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Bloemfontein
    Age
    52
    Posts
    93
    Thanked: 4

    Default Re: Pajero Sport Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek777 View Post
    hi Charles,

    I am receiving quite newish standard front and rear coils that someone sold. I will fit them this week and hope it works.

    Thanks, i am not happy with the "standard" coils that the car came out with BUT everyone has different needs.
    2021 PAJERO SPORT 4X4

  16. #3494
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Joubertina
    Posts
    211
    Thanked: 197

    Default Re: Pajero Sport Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkie View Post
    Thanks, i am not happy with the "standard" coils that the car came out with BUT everyone has different needs.
    Ek hoor jou. Maar tans ry my kar nie baie nie, ek stap werk toe. So ek het nie die R27k suspension upgrade NODIG nou nie, ander prioriteite neem voorkeur. Dis maar hoekom ek nou eers standard gaan. In die toekoms sal ek heeltemal upgrade.
    "There is a lot of dead squirrels in the middle of the road who could not make a decision"

    Pajero Sport 2010
    SARZA C28

  17. #3495
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Pretoria
    Posts
    35
    Thanked: 13

    Default Re: Pajero Sport Thread

    Hi Everyone,

    I'm considering trading my 2013 PS for a 2021 model, but need some advice or try and find out if what i experienced is a problem.

    I test drove the new model and felt a vibration or shudder when i accelerated from a standing start just as the Turbo kicks in.. It almost felt like wheel spin, or a clutch shudder, but im sure that's not the case..

    It's done 88 000 Km.

    Any ideas or known issues will be appreciated.

    Thanks
    Joe
    2013 Pajero Sport 2.5 Di-D 4x4 A/T
    2012 Challenger - Bundu Basher

  18. #3496
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Bloemfontein
    Age
    48
    Posts
    7,536
    Thanked: 2928

    Default Re: Pajero Sport Thread

    That does not sound right.I have not heard of any such issues on them..Might just be something very stupid like unbalanced tyres but could be something worse..You cant know how someone else drove the car..They could hve hit a pavement or something and bent something,cracked something whatever..I would look around for other options..if you already troubelshooting on a vehicle before you bought it you are gonna end up frustrated with ownership if the problem continues

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.G For This Useful Post:


  20. #3497
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Randburg
    Age
    62
    Posts
    290
    Thanked: 200

    Default Re: Pajero Sport Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by j0livier View Post
    Hi Everyone,

    I'm considering trading my 2013 PS for a 2021 model, but need some advice or try and find out if what i experienced is a problem.

    I test drove the new model and felt a vibration or shudder when i accelerated from a standing start just as the Turbo kicks in.. It almost felt like wheel spin, or a clutch shudder, but im sure that's not the case..

    It's done 88 000 Km.

    Any ideas or known issues will be appreciated.

    Thanks
    Joe
    Get the dealer to send it to Mitsitech, Arnold will check it out properly
    2017 Pajero Sport 2.4 d
    XCape

    Bicycles Plenty

    BMW GS 800 A

    2015 Pajero Sport 2.5 d (sold)
    2010 Pajero Sport 3.2 d (sold)

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Woody62 For This Useful Post:


Page 175 of 175 FirstFirst ... 170 171 172 173 174 175

Similar Threads

  1. Fortuner vs Pajero Sport: my own little review
    By O.B. in forum Vehicle & Technical Chat - General
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 2023/04/28, 12:06 PM
  2. New PAJERO SPORT - Comments?
    By Landyman in forum Mitsubishi
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 2012/09/18, 11:42 PM
  3. Purchased Mitsubishi Pajero Sport
    By Iankearney in forum Mitsubishi
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 2011/04/09, 09:52 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2010/09/18, 07:21 PM
  5. Win a Pajero Sport!!!
    By Barto in forum The 4x4 Pub
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2010/01/22, 02:31 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •