Pajero Sport Thread - Page 130

Page 130 of 138 FirstFirst ... 30 80 105 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,600 of 2755

Default Re: Pajero Sport Thread

Husain Mahomed
    079 742 5786
    [email protected]

'07 Mitsubishi Triton 3.2 Di-D
    Mods - Redback Replacement Bumper, Safari Snorkel, Dastek Chip, Freeflow Exhaust, OME Suspension, Rockford Sound System
    '15 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    Mods - Non yet
    '09 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
    Mods -Too Many to mention

Thoughts Become Things

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    I removed my original spots from PJS when I fitted the replacement bumper.
    It should be lying in a box somewhere in the garage.
    Iíll have a look and let you know of youíre still looking for one
    Yes please.

I have the left and right for you FredSport

Husain Mahomed
    079 742 5786
    [email protected]

'07 Mitsubishi Triton 3.2 Di-D
    Mods - Redback Replacement Bumper, Safari Snorkel, Dastek Chip, Freeflow Exhaust, OME Suspension, Rockford Sound System
    '15 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    Mods - Non yet
    '09 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
    Mods -Too Many to mention

Thoughts Become Things

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Biscuit For This Useful Post:

Any thoughts on the PS 2.4 vs the more expensive LWB Pajero 3.2 Exceed? Have any of you owned both? Seems to me the Sport is more for general urban / family use with occasional weekends away, while the 3.2 is larger and a more serious off-roader? I could be wrong. I've never owned a Pajero and I'm comparing all options (Pajero, Everest, Prado, Mu-X).
    What fuel consumption do you get on your PS / Exceed?
    What are service costs like for Mitsubishi? And availability of parts?
    Any reasons not to get a Pajero?

Iím bias to the PS - although I drive the 2.5, the 2.4 is more refined and an easier drive. I would say the PS is technically more capable off-road then the big Pajero but the big Pajero is more spacious for overlanding. Youíll get many differing opinions but what the Mitsi owners will always agree on is that our vehicles are bullet proof and have a sole thatís draws you in

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mike-PS For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Safaridude View Post
    Any reasons not to get a Pajero?
    Only if you dislike envious stares from Fortuner drivers
    2010 Pajero Sport 3.2 Di-D
    2017 Jurgens XT140 with Echo Mkii Tent

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nerd For This Useful Post:

NOTHING wrong with the PS. And at this stage of my life I don't want any other. My 3.2 is very capable offroad, and comfortable on road. Diesel is around 11.5 litre per 100km worked out from full to empty-ish at the pump - I am used to it now.. Replace the dinky bash plates with something decent, and I have a unichip put in which makes it go vroooom (with some base). (There is a big difference in feel between with and without a chip. I chose the unichip option to not break any warranty or insurance issues.) And it looks shekshy.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FredSport For This Useful Post:

Sat in both the 3.2 LWB and the 2.4 Sport today. Both very comfortable, spacious and well specced. Fuel consumption on the sport is better, apparently. Going to test drive both later this week when I have time.
    The Sport surprised me. I was expecting something like the RAV4 or CRV, you know, more of a softroader. But it feels very capable and refined. Lots of space, low fuel consumption. Will test the power later this week but 134kw and 430nm doesnít sound too bad.
    Given that, I donít really get why anyone would pay R170k more for the 3.2 LWB? What makes it worth so much more? Is it that much more capable off-road?
    Iím still eyeing the new 2.0 Everest as well but so far the PS looks like a great option.

PAj just back from the dealer for 220,000 km service, R4000.

Found dead park light, quoted R300 plus to replace it.

I took it out today (still have to go vote)

it looks pretty standard, I am no expert on this but surely I can get one of these at a car parts shoppe.?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Pajero Sport 2013 3.2 A/T

I got a replacement globe for R5 at the local auto shop. Simply unscrew the unit and replace. 12V5W I think. 5 minute job.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to FredSport For This Useful Post:

Sat in both the 3.2 LWB and the 2.4 Sport today. Both very comfortable, spacious and well specced. Fuel consumption on the sport is better, apparently. Going to test drive both later this week when I have time.
    The Sport surprised me. I was expecting something like the RAV4 or CRV, you know, more of a softroader. But it feels very capable and refined. Lots of space, low fuel consumption. Will test the power later this week but 134kw and 430nm doesnít sound too bad.
    Given that, I donít really get why anyone would pay R170k more for the 3.2 LWB? What makes it worth so much more? Is it that much more capable off-road?
    Iím still eyeing the new 2.0 Everest as well but so far the PS looks like a great option.
    The Pajero Sport is similar to the Toyota Fortuner in size whereas the Pajero is similar to the Prado in size. The Sport is like your Sani based on a bakkie, the Triton, with a solid rear axle. The Pajero has a fully independent suspension front and rear and was designed and build as a SUV from the ground up.

Both the Pajero and the Pajero Sport has Super Select 4x4 systems which still is one of the most versatile systems around.

The kerb weight of the Sport is around 1930kg and the Pajero is around 2300kg. So if you are into heavy towing the Pajero will be the better option.
    Last edited by Tom13; 2019/05/08 at 05:39 PM.
    Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2 D-ID GLX LWB

Quote Originally Posted by FredSport View Post
    I got a replacement globe for R5 at the local auto shop. Simply unscrew the unit and replace. 12V5W I think. 5 minute job.

+1 ,at Midas

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Hugob For This Useful Post:

I've had both, and I think that while it's close I prefer the Sport. I don't know what the new 2.4 is like, but the 2.5 in mine is a bit better than the 2.5 bakkie I had, and very close (except for turbo lag when I pull away) to the 3.2 I had in the Pajero, suspect weight of the Pajero to blame. I get around 2l/100km better consumption in the sport too.

I loved my Pajero, but the sport being a little more rugged makes me feel a lot less sorry for it, and I've already pushed it far further than I would the big guy. I'm doing around 5000km a month in it at the moment, and while it is not as comfortable as the Pajero for this sort of driving, I wouldn't swap it for anything else at this stage.

My only complaint is the rear door that opens just far enough that I bang my head on it at least once a week
    Office Johnny

2008 Triton CC 3.5V6 4x2 - Sold
    2007 Triton DC 2.5DiD 4x4 - Sold
    2007 Pajero GLS 3.2DiD - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by petermoffat View Post
    My only complaint is the rear door that opens just far enough that I bang my head on it at least once a week
    I hear your pain, if it was two inches lower i would see it, and it it was one inch higher I would miss it.

Hi All

So twice now, the engine just would not turn. Click, dash board light off. NOTHING. Had the same issue on my previous 407. Starter was full of gunk. Cleaned it out. Problem was gone.
    I want to clean the PS's Starter Motor. Looks a bit difficult to bring it out from the top. From below, it seems the front prop shaft needs to be removed.

Any guidance much appreciated

Nerd
    2010 Pajero Sport 3.2 Di-D
    2017 Jurgens XT140 with Echo Mkii Tent

Hi All, I am in need of help / guidance. I drive PS 2018. we are planning a trip with Live the Journey in June - Skeleton coast to Kunene. I need to prepare ourselves and vehicle for this trip. on previous post are pictures of current setup. I have Front Runner Roof rack fixed. We need at least 60 lt water and enough diesel apart from the tent, compressor, recovery goodies, shade tent, fridge, clothing and a few other extras. Now question is will it be too much to fit 2 jerry cans, plus 2 x 45 lt water containers from Front Runner on the roof rack, plus extra spare wheel plus Ironman box for the goods like the compressor and recovery kid. i had a look yesterday and think that i will take all the seats in the back out. this will reduce the weight and drop the floor level. i will need to put fridge, NL battery pack, tent, chairs, drinks, snacks, etc inside.
    the question is really if this will be overloading of the vehicle and if putting the water and diesel on top create a top heavy situation. This is really our first time to do something of this sorts, so any comments will be appreciated. I had issues during December when the vehicle heated to above normal when towing my Infanta and hope not to have the same problem now as well. I will not be towing anything for this trip. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeemanDanie View Post
    Hi All, I am in need of help / guidance. I drive PS 2018. we are planning a trip with Live the Journey in June - Skeleton coast to Kunene. I need to prepare ourselves and vehicle for this trip. on previous post are pictures of current setup. I have Front Runner Roof rack fixed. We need at least 60 lt water and enough diesel apart from the tent, compressor, recovery goodies, shade tent, fridge, clothing and a few other extras. Now question is will it be too much to fit 2 jerry cans, plus 2 x 45 lt water containers from Front Runner on the roof rack, plus extra spare wheel plus Ironman box for the goods like the compressor and recovery kid. i had a look yesterday and think that i will take all the seats in the back out. this will reduce the weight and drop the floor level. i will need to put fridge, NL battery pack, tent, chairs, drinks, snacks, etc inside.
    the question is really if this will be overloading of the vehicle and if putting the water and diesel on top create a top heavy situation. This is really our first time to do something of this sorts, so any comments will be appreciated. I had issues during December when the vehicle heated to above normal when towing my Infanta and hope not to have the same problem now as well. I will not be towing anything for this trip. Thanks in advance.
    Well mine is the 2012 version so I dont know if they upgraded the suspension in your model.
    I run a similar roof rack configuration, 45 water, 40 l diesel, 25 firewood, 65 tent.
    Roughly 190 kgs all told. Yours is going to be pretty similar weight.

I been through the dunes, the rocks, and the Namibian sand roads with that configuration and I had no problems.

I did get a lot more roll than I liked however, so I upgraded the shocks to large-bore ones that stayed cool and helped dampen the roll.
    I didn't bottom out the suspension, which I was surprised but then we didn't overload the back seat area.

Also just be reasonable, you carrying a lot of off-centre of gravity weight, keep your speed down. (That piece of advice is no help when trying to crest dunes)

Removing the seats is going to drop overall weight but also raise your centre of gravity too. It will create a lot of space ( i know cause I permanently removed my third row) It also gives some nice bolts to put cargo rings

Maybe consider bringing in one water container to the floor of the car to help, or the recovery box.

Do you think 40 litres of diesel is enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Tallhorse View Post
    Well mine is the 2012 version so I dont know if they upgraded the suspension in your model.
    I run a similar roof rack configuration, 45 water, 40 l diesel, 25 firewood, 65 tent.
    Roughly 190 kgs all told. Yours is going to be pretty similar weight.

I been through the dunes, the rocks, and the Namibian sand roads with that configuration and I had no problems.

I did get a lot more roll than I liked however, so I upgraded the shocks to large-bore ones that stayed cool and helped dampen the roll.
    I didn't bottom out the suspension, which I was surprised but then we didn't overload the back seat area.

Also just be reasonable, you carrying a lot of off-centre of gravity weight, keep your speed down. (That piece of advice is no help when trying to crest dunes)

Removing the seats is going to drop overall weight but also raise your centre of gravity too. It will create a lot of space ( i know cause I permanently removed my third row) It also gives some nice bolts to put cargo rings

Maybe consider bringing in one water container to the floor of the car to help, or the recovery box.

Do you think 40 litres of diesel is enough?
    Hi Tallhorse. Thank you for the reply. Mine vehicle is pretty much standard - so no changes to suspension or engine for that matter. After some further investigation i realised that I would need minimum 180 lt of fuel for the last trek - approx 1000km. So it would have been diesel on roof rack and water and the rest inside the PS. Yesterday I tried to confirm what is the max weight the PS can carry and was that a mission. According to the manual "kerb weight" is 2110 kg and GVW is 2710 kg. Thus 600 kg? i am not to sure if trust this. However after long deliberation with wife we have decided that this may be a road to far for the PS. we have had heating issues in the past with towing and i fear with the weight we may run into problems that I cannot afford on the trip. We will postpone this bucket list for future. other problem is - changing suspension (R24000) quoted yesterday is too much. The PS is company car and i do not want to spent all this extras just to let it go in a year's time. Thank you for your words of wisdom. Appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Maml View Post
    That would be awesome - please let me know. Drivers side
    Mike, I got Biscuit's spotlights, but I only really need one. The other has a slight teeny crack in the glass. Do you want it?