Page 63 of 161 FirstFirst ... 13 38 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 88 113 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 3218

Default Re: Pajero Sport Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan H View Post
    I Loved My Pajero Sport but after 180,000km of happy travelling I moved to Pajero Exceed

Attachment 410646
    R = basic rules of the forum, you cannot put up such a cool picture and not talk it out. Spill.
    Pajero Sport 2013 3.2 A/T

Quote Originally Posted by Whistler View Post
    I ended up buying brake pads from the dealers (privately fitted though) due to the other parts shops I tried wanting a sample first. (Midas included)

Some even said the front pads for the PS come in two different sizes. say what?

So I'm not very happy with myself for paying almost double in the end, but was in a bit of a hurry... why I don't know.

I can think of more excuses for not making the effort to buy aftermarket, but maybe it boils down to laziness in the end. Sigh.

At least the braking is silent now, so good on the ears.
    I been giving the powerbrake offering a good second glance.
    Sadly they only do front discs and pads. But I am close to making a purchase. Before I do though has anyone fitted these and have there been any problems.

Side note, my back pads are finnito, Mitsubishi's official spares are R1100 for rear, plus plenty more for a new set of clips.

If there is a good generic I am keen.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Powerbrake offering.JPG 
Views:	177 
Size:	119.3 KB 
ID:	410647

Quote Originally Posted by Tallhorse View Post
    Sadly they only do front discs and pads. But I am close to making a purchase. Before I do though has anyone fitted these and have there been any problems.

Side note, my back pads are finnito, Mitsubishi's official spares are R1100 for rear, plus plenty more for a new set of clips.

When the time comes to replace discs as well that will be my option. Up until the original discs hold up I'll stick to only changing the pads.

If you have a problem with the standard brakes' performance, get the upgrade. The reviews on powerbrake on this site is all positive!!
    2010 Pajero Sport

2011 Triton 3.2 C/C 4x4 (sold, excellent vehicle)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Whistler For This Useful Post:

Good morning,

I fitted these a few months ago as the original discs were shuddering and the pads were finished when I purchased the car.
    Mitsu OEM stuff was almost the same price so it was a no brainer.
    So far I'm very happy. They have a very smooth and consistent feel as well as having the ability to stop the car
    I also have some friends who have been using powerbrake for years on their blister fender Pajeros. The one was running 35" tyres and now runs 33", he swears by powerbrake and continues to use them.

Cheers.
    2009 Pajero Sport 3.2DiD

6. The Following User Says Thank You to reflex For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Botha View Post
    CENTPART in centurion say its the same pad as the Fortuner uses. I'm also reluctant to use the Feroodos as I believe they are hard.

I fitted Ferodo FDB1570 brake pads (which I believe also fits the fortuners) some time ago and has done around 15k since then..no issues

Thanks Paul. It just shows you how part numbers differ. I got the FDB4023 Ferrodo part no off the internet which i suspect may be for the pre 2010 model (drum brakes at rear) .

Thanks for the part number you supplied, at least we know its correct from your experience.
    Pajero Sport 3,2 GLS 2010
    Bridgestone Duelers
    Otherwise standard spec

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Backroads For This Useful Post:

Gents has anyone fitted aftermarket suspension, specifically front shocks and coils to their PS (or triton) ?
    I installed brand ABC ( wont let who yet ) but have been struggling since day 1. Three different configurations later and getting Mitsubishi SA involved - now after 40 000 K's with these new shocks have failed and am battling to get them to come to the party.

So I am considering making another investment into a different brand either ironman or old man emu. Iron man claim 40mm height clearance and ome 20mm, can anyone verify this or or provide insight if they have installed these brands? - Thanks

FYI if anyone is having issues with their suction control valve on the 3.2DiD.
    The part from Mitsubishi is over R4.5k.
    I did however notice it is a Denso part (294200-0360).
    After a little bit of searching it is also fitted to the newer Nissan NP300 bakkies with the YD25 engine code.
    R1500 from Nissan.
    2009 Pajero Sport 3.2DiD

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to reflex For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mike-PS View Post
    Gents has anyone fitted aftermarket suspension, specifically front shocks and coils to their PS (or triton) ?
    I installed brand ABC ( wont let who yet ) but have been struggling since day 1. Three different configurations later and getting Mitsubishi SA involved - now after 40 000 K's with these new shocks have failed and am battling to get them to come to the party.

So I am considering making another investment into a different brand either ironman or old man emu. Iron man claim 40mm height clearance and ome 20mm, can anyone verify this or or provide insight if they have installed these brands? - Thanks
    I fitted an ironman kit about 2 years ago and are happy so far. I tow an xcape caravan and also do a lot of overlanding trips. Chris van Niekerk from Bluerhino 4x4 fitted my kit and he has done a professional job

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul Botha For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by reflex View Post
    FYI if anyone is having issues with their suction control valve on the 3.2DiD.
    The part from Mitsubishi is over R4.5k.
    I did however notice it is a Denso part (294200-0360).
    After a little bit of searching it is also fitted to the newer Nissan NP300 bakkies with the YD25 engine code.
    R1500 from Nissan.
    I see there are also apparently genuine valve available on eBay and Aliexpress for similar if not less than Nissan.
    2009 Pajero Sport 3.2DiD

Hi all PS owners on the thread. Been missing off the forum for a few weeks due to illness and not being in a happy space at the daily grind. Need to make some choices in my life.
    Anyway sad to lose you Preyalin. Hope things wo out for you.
    Brakes well I will know when she goes in for a service Wednesday next. 140000 km an still very happy. No issues except the clutch which wa replaced at 12000. My fault.
    Still umming and ahing about that chip.
    No trips planned due to SWAMBO starting to work again. But soon we may both just pack it in and go on one loooooong trip.
    You guys just returned from Nam and Bots make me drool!
    Cheers
    # 5 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS 2015
    # 4 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport 2013 trade in
    # 3 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport 2011 good trade
    # 2 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport 2010 did not aquaplane so well
    # 1 Mitsubishi Colt 2005 with 3.2 DID (160kw WOW!)
    Jurgens Xplorer 2013 (new retirement home)
    Challenger Wilderness "The Penthouse" (sold and will be sorely missed)
    Platkar 1: BMW 118 (SWAMBO)
    Platkar 2: Nissan 200 SX (Retirement project)

The SCV's job is to regulate fuel preasure on commonrail cars. Its s pretty standard part that is shared by Toyota Isuzu Mitsubishi and Nissan.

If one suspects the SCV to be malfunctioning, remove it, clean it and turn it 180 degrees and put it back. Big change that it will be fixed.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bostokkelos For This Useful Post:

Well took the plunge and bought the Powerbrake disc and pad set.

As you say, it is cheaper than the standard offering from Mitsu spares so it is a total no-brainer.

Next trick is to find a decent fitment center in Pietermaritzburg or around.

Any suggestions?

Well took the plunge and bought the Powerbrake disc and pad set.

As you say, it is cheaper than the standard offering from Mitsu spares so it is a total no-brainer.

Next trick is to find a decent fitment center in Pietermaritzburg or around.

Any suggestions?

Haydn

Haydn he services my PS. I have his number if you want.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ianblomeyer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Botha View Post
    I fitted an ironman kit about 2 years ago and are happy so far. I tow an xcape caravan and also do a lot of overlanding trips. Chris van Niekerk from Bluerhino 4x4 fitted my kit and he has done a professional job
    Thanks Paul, what lift did you get on your front ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike-PS View Post
    Thanks Paul, what lift did you get on your front ?
    Hi Mike refer e mail discussion at the time

I can help with this vehicle. The Ironman lift kit has a 40-50mm lift built in to the suspension kit.

The kit comprises of new spring components in the front and back of the vehicle to improve stability and load capacity. Where applicable, It also compensates for any load on the vehicle caused by extras fitted like, bull bars, spare wheel carriers etc.

The shocks are Ironman Nitrogas large bore lift kit shocks, stays cooler for longer and with a 60 000km 3 year warranty very good value for money.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paul Botha For This Useful Post:

I am planning a trip to Botswana next year. Nxai pans, maun, savuti, linyanti, ihaha, nata and home. My 3.2d PS is getting on in years and km's (160 000). I plan to rent a small off-road caravan such as conquerer companion (or boskriek or imagine if possible). I have never towed with the PS and would like to hear from those of you who have done so. Seriously bad roads between Linyanti and Savuti. Do any of you have relevant experience?

Drop uour tyre preasure to between 1.8 and 1.5, On gravel rd, depending on road. trailer as well. Remove your cattalitic converter. It takes away turbo lag, and helps with fuel consumption. Take an extra air and diesel filter. As well as a set of beltsMy car is on the same milage and is by far not getting old. Drive ot to 300 000 km!!!!!
    Last edited by Bostokkelos; 2016/07/16 at 08:29 AM.

Name:	Krag Kurve na Opgradeering001.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	71.7 KB 
ID:	410803Ok, got my PS Shogun back from Arnold Venter at Alberton Ironman4X4south.
    1. Fitted stainless steel 70l aux tank with separate protection plate, next to existing fuel tank. Nicely done!
    2. To fit the tank the exhaust has to be modified. Now have a free flow system with a throaty roar when pedal is depressed in anger. (Was a bit of a surprise to me, at first!)
    3. Came highly recommended for his Mitsu engine software upgrade. (no chip, and not part of the memory that can be changed at dealer "flash") Have only had it for a few hundred KM. Turbo lag is much improved and subjectively much more responsive. When pushed hard, can sound like sporty roadster. When driving at my normal 120KM/h there is about a 1L/100km improvement. (according to onboard computer). Very happy. Much more safe, for me, when driving in traffic. Have really been missing my Subaru.
    Pajero Shogun 2016 (ECU remapped, 70l fuel tank added)
    Subaru Forester XT 2007
    Nissan 2X4 D/Cab 3L 2002

29. The Following User Says Thank You to GerSho For This Useful Post:

Page 63 of 161 FirstFirst ... 13 38 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 88 113 ... LastLast