Pajero Sport Thread - Page 9

Page 9 of 153 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 34 59 109 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tyrant View Post
    I was at Mitsu this morning and there was a Triton there with a Caska system installed!

Attachment 198903
    Hey Jason, was that a factory install or aftermarket? I'm wanting to trade the Sport in on a new one but I'm waiting for the new model with all the changes and the local agents ar being cagey about the new specs and launch date!

Cheers, Jason

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk HD
    2018 Ford Everest 3.2 Limited

Hi J

No those Caska systems are aftermarket unfortunately!

http://www.planetworld.co.za/caska-i...timedia?12.htm

Quote Originally Posted by shanee View Post
    Just joined the forum and pleased to see there are so many other Pajero Sport owners.
    I get to use mine quite a bit mostly in Lesotho, snow and mud and some pretty shocking roads. It is a 2009 model.
    My Modifications are:
    OME Suspension, ARB front bar, IPF Spots, Melville & Moon Seat covers, Dual Battery system, 2nd fuel tank, Front runner roof rack with spade, Gas bottle Jerry can holders, BFG AT tyres, Drawer system with fridge mount ( I removed jump seats and used brackets), Howling Moon Roof top tent and Awning, Snorkel, removable water tank.
    My question is has anyone fitted a front diff lock with much improvment in traction?

Hey Shanee....your Paj looks awsum

a few quick questions:

The long range tank....how does it effect your computer readout..ie...when you fill up, it normally gives you the estimated range and also the expected range...does the extra tank show this immediately or does it only start showing once the extra fuel has been used...in other words, does the computer show you the "extra" range....hope this makes sense.

Next question...the front runner roof rack...how much does it effect your fuel consumtion by?...

and did they have to drop the lining inside the car to fit it?

thanks

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by zoobie View Post
    Hey Shanee....your Paj looks awsum

a few quick questions:

The long range tank....how does it effect your computer readout..ie...when you fill up, it normally gives you the estimated range and also the expected range...does the extra tank show this immediately or does it only start showing once the extra fuel has been used...in other words, does the computer show you the "extra" range....hope this makes sense.

Next question...the front runner roof rack...how much does it effect your fuel consumtion by?...

and did they have to drop the lining inside the car to fit it?

thanks
    Hi Zoobie

Just looking at Shanee's pics, the RR installation looks the same as mine, and yes, they had to drop the lining. Bit of a non event though! You can get a clip on kit, but that rack is a little smaller, and you cant load it as heavy as the permanent installation.

Yes it effects the already CRAP fuel economy. But I seem to average about 8.6km/l. Thats around 11.6 on the computer. But thats also with BFG AT's.

Jason

thanks Jason

much appreciated...will get mine done asap...was at frontrunner today..

And so to much shock and awe among my Land Rover mates, the time has come to trade in the landy. I test drove the PS yesterday, and well, impressed doesn't even come close. I know I will be giving up on ground clearance and departure and approach angles - BUT the comfort you gain and full maintenance plan seems to more than make up for it. The questions - For a daily commuter AND touring vehicle, is this a good idea? What should one look out for? And how big is the difference in off road capability between the defender and the PS? Before asked: I looked at the Tuna and no, it's not for me.

Any help, always valued of course.

4x4AG GP0104

Pajero Sport 2013 MT
    2008 Defender 110 PUMA AKA Wiskey - SOLD.

"If you're only killing time, it'll kill you right back"

1st step is to start thinking of a new forum name.
    2004 Defender 110 Td5

Well let me start by saying welcome to the herd Silversport! I say that because I'm sure you'll end up in one!

As far as a daily commuting and overlanding vehicle goes the Sport is a great choice. I don't do trails with mine (Bostokkelos will be along shortly for that) but I do one or two "overland" trips a year towing a trailer and this is why I love the vehicle - extremely comfortable AND capable. The only drawback for serious overlanding is the 70 litre tank but an auxiliary tank will fix that.

Highway driving I get as low as 9 litres/100km, town driving 12 litres/100km and towing about 14 litres/100km. 500ppm diesel can also be used which is a positive for venturing across borders.

I've yet to do an obstacle the Sport hasn't been able to do but because I don't do hectic trails I can't compare it to a Defender which we all know is an extremely capable trail machine.

Only thing to look out for once you've bought yours is the "loose" steering column (lots of info on the forum).

Good luck with your decision...

Yup, the handle / name will change as soon as final delivery is taken. The one I'm looking at is White. So Whitesport? Yikes, sounds like rugby in the 80's. Manual box and brand new (with AT tyres and they are throwing in a Dual battery system that'll be covered by the warranty) They also want to gooi a Long range tank. Anyone know if the one fitted by Mitsubishi is any good? Thanks for the info thus far!

4x4AG GP0104

Pajero Sport 2013 MT

Enjoy your car. Obstical driving...Will go wherever the Puma went.

It does not have a FULL maintenance plan,only a 5yr/100000km service plan and 3yr/100000km warranty.Only the Pajero comes with full maintenance.Just clear that up with your salesman as i think they might have made a mistake,unless they changes it

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    It does not have a FULL maintenance plan,only a 5yr/100000km service plan and 3yr/100000km warranty.Only the Pajero comes with full maintenance.Just clear that up with your salesman as i think they might have made a mistake,unless they changes it

They have a full maintenance at the moment, I think its a temp Special.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostokkelos View Post
    They have a full maintenance at the moment, I think its a temp Special.

Indeed...below line from the quote from the dealer:
    "5year/100000k, Maintenance plan n/c"

I specifically asked and he said one pays for tyres and diesel. the rest's included.

4x4AG GP0104

Pajero Sport 2013 MT

Thats awesome,what a perk

[QUOTE=Koppycat;1564644]Well let me start by saying welcome to the herd Silversport! I say that because I'm sure you'll end up in one!

Only thing to look out for once you've bought yours is the "loose" steering column (lots of info on the forum).

hi there

I have a 2012 PS..absolutely love it...I bought mine new, so paid in R14k and now have a full 5 year 100K maintenance plan...worth every cent as I have seen what they charge for normal servicing.

You mention the "loose" steering...please can you tell me more about it..I have a sort of click every now and then ....coming from the steering..is this what you are referring to?

I have also found an awesome roofrack that fits in between the standard rails...made by African Outback....go and look at their website...am getting it fitted next week.

as far as offroad goes the PS is a very capable vehicle as witnessed at the training at De wildt.

Enjoy your vehicle and welcome to the family.

Quote Originally Posted by zoobie View Post
    You mention the "loose" steering...please can you tell me more about it..I have a sort of click every now and then ....coming from the steering..is this what you are referring to?

I have also found an awesome roofrack that fits in between the standard rails...made by African Outback....go and look at their website...am getting it fitted next week.
    Hey Zoobie, the noise I refer to in the steering column is more a rattle like something is loose and its covered in these two threads as well as a lot of others on various forums.

http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...on+steering%22

http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...on+steering%22

Mine still isn't rectified but I haven't forced the issue with my dealer, but on my next service I'm taking the foreman with me on a test drive so he can experience it for himself.

I have the African Outback railrack on my PS but I'm actually selling it and replacing with a bigger Front Runner rack as I'm gong to be fitting a rooftop tent soon and the railrack is too small for that. Its perfect if you want to mount a few jerry cans and an ammo box or two but is quite small so it is rather limited.

[QUOTE=Koppycat;1566790]Hey Zoobie, the noise I refer to in the steering column is more a rattle like something is loose and its covered in these two threads as well as a lot of others on various forums.

thanks Koppycat....

Hope Im not posting someone on the forums vehicle,but shame on you for not sharing.Always see this monster driving around town and last night i took a photo.Awesome looking vehicle
    Attached Images Attached Images  

is it wrapped in matt finish?

Jip,wrapped,tinted,lifted etc etc etc

Page 9 of 153 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 34 59 109 ... LastLast