Pajero Sport Thread - Page 7

Page 7 of 153 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 32 57 107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shanee View Post
    Hi Jason
    The xtra tank is Front runner and is 40 litres. Yes it does drop the spare wheel slightly but it it still not the lowest point on the vehicle and quite frankly despite driving some paths in Lesotho that seriously test I have not had a problem with it.

The OME.... I actually fitted it for on road driving
    Thanks for that info, I want the extra range especially when towing and I don't use my Sport for trails so the spare wheel drop doesn't stress me. As far as the suspension setup goes I'm interested to say you did it for the on road comfort as that is what I am also looking for.

Good luck with the front locker!
    2018 Ford Everest 3.2 Limited

Rock sliders fitted. and yes...its a Stofpad Product(Again) cause they are the Best!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rock 1.jpg 
Views:	439 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	190614   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rock 2.jpg 
Views:	388 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	190615  

My cross-over Ground clearance has to better as well. it really sits beautifully, and is as strong as nails!

Hi Guys, went and test drove a used Paj Sport this weekend with about 75k km on the clock (2010) anything I should be aware of/look out for? Really nice ride so hoping to get my hands on it. Then I could become a legitimate member of the Pajero Sport thread.

Hows this for a nice radio/navigation setup
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_ZA View Post
    Hi Guys, went and test drove a used Paj Sport this weekend with about 75k km on the clock (2010) anything I should be aware of/look out for? Really nice ride so hoping to get my hands on it. Then I could become a legitimate member of the Pajero Sport thread.
    Hey Alex,

Nothing much to look out for on these cars. One of the few areas of concern has been the rattle in the steering column so if you experience that try get it sorted out while still under warranty.

As far as everything else goes these are really great all round vehicles and once you get used to the older fashioned 4spd auto box its a pleasure to drive. My best fuel consumption has been 9.2l/100km (10.9km/l) on long distance trips at the speed limit and my worst was 17.9l/100km (5.6km/l) in heavy sand with over inflated tyres! Average consumption is just on 12l/100km over 60,000km.

A huge plus of this car is the super select 4wd system which I use extensively on gravel and wet roads.

The only non service item I've had to pay for is brakes otherwise its been plain sailing. My biggest criticism of the car is the ridiculously small 70 litre fuel tank.

In other words, go for it! You won't be sorry.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk HD

Thanks Koppycat, I think I'm going to do it!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex_ZA For This Useful Post:

Hey All,

Took my Pajero Sport offroad at Dewildts for the first time this weekend.

Had no issues with the extra 40l Frontrunner aux tank, just removed towbar and runners

Definitely will be looking at bashplate soon. does anybody know what they cost for a PS

Here's some pics. More coming soon..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130209_144720.jpg 
Views:	405 
Size:	134.3 KB 
ID:	194928   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130209_142105.jpg 
Views:	374 
Size:	139.4 KB 
ID:	194929  
    "I'm Bear Grylls at heart, nuff said"

2010 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport 3.2 DiD A/T
    2008 Isuzu KB250 D-Teq SuperCab

All Spraying, Polishing, Thread Repair, Welding requirements...
    www.vermontsales.co.za

Dieselfreak looks like you enjoyed it. I went through a lot of time and trouble to look at the underbody protection available in the Market for the Pajero Sport. Take the time and talk to Uys from Stofpad, He definatley has the most completed design ito protection in the form of a bash plate for the Sport. It Protects the stabalising bar as well. I also have the GBox protection plate as well as the Rocksliders for my car also from Stofpad. He is very well priced and the Plates are Electro plated so it would not scrape off or rust. Pm him directly for the price, you wont be sorry. I jacked my kar up on the bash plate once, it can handle some serious abuse as well...ask Manny!

Thanks Bostokkelos, I will def give Uys a Pm.

www.vermontsales.co.za

Hey Guys,

I'm looking at getting a dual battery system to run a National Luna 50l weekender.

Do I need a dual battery or will the 12v socket in the boot run the fridge without harming any vehicle electronics etc.?

Is there space in the engine bay or would I need an in car unit? I've read about gasses coming from deep cycle batteries, so this could be a problem inside the vehicle?

I will run the fridge on 220 when arriving at camp so it's mostly to keep stuff cold on the drive there..

www.vermontsales.co.za

Quote Originally Posted by Dieselfreak View Post
    Hey Guys,

I'm looking at getting a dual battery system to run a National Luna 50l weekender.

Do I need a dual battery or will the 12v socket in the boot run the fridge without harming any vehicle electronics etc.?

Is there space in the engine bay or would I need an in car unit? I've read about gasses coming from deep cycle batteries, so this could be a problem inside the vehicle?

I will run the fridge on 220 when arriving at camp so it's mostly to keep stuff cold on the drive there..
    The 12v socket in the rear will run your fridge but only when the ignition is on so as a result it won't run your battery down but obviously your fridge won't be working when the car is off. I've got a National Luna battery box that runs off cables directly from the main battery (with an inline fuse). I use a 90AH lead crystal battery in the NL box so don't have a problem with potential fumes etc.

I've wanted to fit a second battery in the engine bay but without some serious effort you can't fit anything bigger than a 55AH battery. Check out the following website for some info:

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...splay.php?f=51

Also look on newtriton.net for some dual battery systems.

Good luck!

Get a Duel Batt!

There is space inside, but for a 75 Amp not a 105 Amp.

Between your current Batt and the Fireboard

Quote Originally Posted by Dieselfreak View Post
    Hey Guys,

hey Dieselfreak..
    I have a snowmaster 60 litre fridge...it works 100% from the plug in your boot. As some of the others mentioned, the only downside is that this plug switches off when you switch off the ignition...but then I see that as a safeguard to protect the battery. The snowmaster also has a low voltage cut out setting, as most fridges do, so you can also set that to protect your starting battery from discharging too much.

As you said you will only use the fridge when driving and then plug it into 220v when you arrive at a campsite...I am going to do exactly the same during my Namibia trip in 4 weeks time. I am not even going to remove it from the vehicle, I will simply use a long extension cord through the car window and plug it into a 220v outlet.

Right now I don't have the funds to install a dual battery system, and frankly for my use I probably never will need to.

hope this helps. Safe travels.

Quote Originally Posted by Koppycat View Post
    Congratulations on your purchase Red-J - you've made a great choice!

I had the Mitsubishi towbar fitted to my vehicle when I purchased it (It was R4,700.00) and from the rear it is a neat fit (photo attached). You don't have any exposed tubing or frame to mount recovery points to so this might prove difficult with the factory option. I might drop my spare wheel later to see what the tow bar structure looks like, but either way it would require some surgery to the bumper to fit recovery points.

This brings me to another topic!

My one complaint of the Sport is the pathetic sized fuel tank and if you look at my photo the spare wheel already hangs quite low so I am not keen on fitting an auxillary tank which will drop it even further. I am dead keen on a replacement bumper like this one available in Oz

http://www.kaymar.com.au/vehicles/mi...er_2010_PB.php

Spoken to a few suppliers like Lynx etc but nobody has one for the Sport and because of the small volume of them sold there are no plans to build one. With a decent replacement bumper like this it would solve the recovery point, extra fuel and spare wheel issues.

Maybe we could get a group of Sport owners together and get one of the suppliers to make on?

Cheers, Jason
    WWould love a ould it make any sense importing a few from Oz, not sure what the duties would be.

Trouble is at a price of almost AU$4000 it would be over R30k before shipping. It would be great if one of the local guys could make one up rather!

I'm in the process (its been a long process ) of making my own carrier which can be taken on and off if not needed and when I'm done I'll post some pics.

This is how far I've got. I wanted to create something that can be bolted on and off fairly easy so I used the existing Mitsubishi tow bar and its mounting points to attach to. Itís about a 15min job to take on or off so is fairly painless. The mounting brackets are laser cut from Domex 700 and are 10mm thick and include 24mm holes for fixing a shackle to. I also havenít decided on a latching method yet so the spring loaded catches are the final ones! There is also a lot more finishing to be done and LED lights to fit.

It can either have two spare wheels or a spare wheel and two jerry cans.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Koppycat; 2013/02/18 at 08:12 PM.

Has anyone payed attention to the number of passengers listed on their license disks?
    Mine is only licensed for 5 seated passengers even though it is a seven seater.

I never thought much of it, until I started hearing of guys being fined for driving with more passengers than specified on the license disk.

It will be interesting to hear how many other PS owners have license disks that say 7 passengers and how many that say 5 passengers.

1999 Jeep XJ 4.0L Sport
    2012 PajeroSport 3,2 DID
    6,5"Lift | TNT Customs Y-Link Longarm Upgrade |BDS Coils | JKS Quicker Disconnects | OME Leafs | 2,5" Block & JKS 1" Boomerang shackles | Skyjacker Nitro Shocks | Bushwacker Fender Flares | 33"Cooper STTs | IPF Headlight upgrade |6" KC Daylighter Spots | Gobi-X Bumpers & Rock-sliders | Airflow Snorkel | ARB Lockers | 4.56 ratios |G2 HD D35 Shafts | Rear Disk Brake Conversion | HD Steering Upgrade

[/URL]

Good thing I only have 3 seats in mine then

Page 7 of 153 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 32 57 107 ... LastLast