Pajero Sport Thread - Page 4

Page 4 of 153 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 29 54 104 ... LastLast

Hi docj, I bought the seat covers for mine last year but at the time the mats and load liner weren't available. Are they no in your product lineup and if so what is the price?

Thanks, Jason

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 using Tapatalk
    2018 Ford Everest 3.2 Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Koppycat View Post
    Hi docj, I bought the seat covers for mine last year but at the time the mats and load liner weren't available. Are they no in your product lineup and if so what is the price?

Thanks, Jason

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 using Tapatalk

Hi Jason, Yes sir we do both Takmats and a loadliner for your car. They are available in either grey, beige or black and the rubber floor portions on all are black. The loadliner is priced at R4950 and Takmats at R2650 for the two rows. Total then is R7600. As a forum member we offer you a huge 10 percent discount so you will pay only R6840.
    Doc

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    Doc Jamal
    Commercial Member of 4x4community
    https://www.4x4seatcovers.co.za

Gave the Sport a new pair of shoes this morning!
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337335139.243332.jpg
Views: 822
Size:  37.3 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi I also bought a New Sport now,
    Do anyone know if there is as DVD/GPS unit availible for the Sport as yet?

(My Toy)
    1999 Colt 3000i V6,
    80mm Lift, 33 x 12,5 Tyres, ARB Bumper, Winch
    60mm Free Flow Pipe

(Day to Day Car)
    2012 3.2 Pajero Sport

Hey Michael, first of all welcome to the Pajero Sport club! Hope yours gives you as much joy as mine does!

Sinwolf did an install on his Triton which should be the same as the Pajero Sport (?) Check out his thread here

http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...d.php?t=107089

Also have a look at this thread on the NewTriton forum in Australia

http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=8224

I might be under correction but I think something like these would be the only option if you wanted a DVD/GPS unit installed. Maybe a local installer could do something similar with a Caska type unit?

Hi i have been on the mailing list of these guys and they have now gotten stock of the DVD/GPS combos for Both the Triton and Pajero Sport

(My Toy)
    1999 Colt 3000i V6,
    80mm Lift, 33 x 12,5 Tyres, ARB Bumper, Winch
    60mm Free Flow Pipe

(Day to Day Car)
    2012 3.2 Pajero Sport

Hi Michael

Looks good, let us know if you go this route...

Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    I used to have a Pajero Sport and LA Sport Centurion did a lift kit for me which I was very happy with.
    Modified Toyota spacer/leveling kit upfront. (35mm)
    Old Man Emu shocks and springs at the rear. Ride was fantastic.
    Clyde, i am from Middelburg in Mpumalanga, I have been trying to lift my Sport in front, just to level the suspension. I spoke to Annas at LA sport, they apparently called LA Sport Centurion who on their side knew nothing about the suspension lift they did for you to your Pajero. They apparently don't even know if it is possible. Can you perhaps give me more info on this? Did you use the lifting spacer of a Toyota, what was the mods that had to be done to manage the lift. Is the spacing between the bolts on the toyota lifters and the suspension bolts on the pajero the same. What did they have to change to get it to work. Please any info that I can give to the guys here in Middelburg will assist me.

Thank you

Pottie

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelday View Post
    Hi i have been on the mailing list of these guys and they have now gotten stock of the DVD/GPS combos for Both the Triton and Pajero Sport

Ok this looks very nice, but will the on board computer still work through this system, seeing that this replaces the computer display?

Angry

Sorry to change direction but need to look at a more serious issue here, that of drive train vibration.

I have heard of some complaints of customers via Mitsubishi Boksburg, and have had a call from an owner of a new 2012 manual of the same problem.

My PS was at the dealership in total 3 months this year so far and they have changed:
    - Rear propshaft twice and high speed balanced
    - Front propshaft
    - Transfer case
    - Injectors

There has been an improvment, but not acceptable to me. Maybe in 1912 yes.

The vibration starts at 120 km/h indicated and gets progressively worse up to 160 when I give up trying.

The dealers have had a go, the Mitsubishi Tech Boffins have had a go, and all they say now is Mitsubishi Japan says "it is the characteristics of the vehicle" and are willing to produce the document with the statement.

This debate needs momentum, so lets hear it out from you guys

Phone a few dealers yourself and hear what they say.Dont let it lie.Thats an absurd answer.Take it to Imperial and see their response.Drop it by them,ask for a loaner and say they must call you when its fixed.Then bug the crap out of them to find out how its going,take a test drive and return immediately if its not right.Just dont take no for an answer.
    Last edited by Mr.G; 2012/06/29 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pottie001 View Post
    Ok this looks very nice, but will the on board computer still work through this system, seeing that this replaces the computer display?
    From the looks of this picture I think not...

2011 VW Amarok BiTDI DC 4Motion
    (Ex) 2007 Mitsubishi Triton 2.5 DID DC 4x4
    (Ex) 2001 Mitsubishi Colt 2.8 TDI DC 4x4

Cool. Seems there are two versions:

On the issue of Drive Train vibration, I have a 2012 Paj Sport manual. I bought it with 5000k's and at 120 km/h it had a destinct roughness. A week ago i was prepping the vehicle to hitch a caravan to Tsipise. I found that all 4 tyres were severely overinflated and reduced them to the manufactures spec for towing. I have subsequently inflated the tyres to the normal road going spec and took a drive to Mapungupwe as well as to Louis Trichard. The car seems to be smooth now but although the roads were actually quite good they were not highway quality and i am hoping that the problem be sorted and not be in the same category as the Drive Train problem as highlighted.

I am leaving for Lusaka on Monday via Zim (leaving the caravan at the Resort). Wich ever way I want to go to Vic Falls, either going there or coming back. I do not have the stomach for the Beit Bridge border crossing and was wondering if anyone knows if it is viabile to go over into Botswana via the Pont Drif crossing into Botswana?

Quote Originally Posted by Pottie001 View Post
    So...

I've asked stopshop and the manufacturer of the unit. It does indeed display the OBC functions. It plugs into to vehicle's CANBUS to read the info!

Sheez...

I did some web trolling on stopshop and found some interesting comments about their service and the products they pendle!

Whilst I considered buying a unit from them (at that price who wouldn't) I have now decided to stick with the OE unit!

Quote Originally Posted by Cobus2.5DID View Post
    Sheez...

I did some web trolling on stopshop and found some interesting comments about their service and the products they pendle!

Whilst I considered buying a unit from them (at that price who wouldn't) I have now decided to stick with the OE unit!
    OK, I was thinking of buying myself one of those units, but now you made me worry, please share your info with us?

Thanks

With regards to the vibration, has Paj Sport have a lift done ? I know the 3.2 Tritons have a vibration problem due to a lift

You are of course welcome to have a look at hellopeter yourselves aswell

So I've look at hellopeter, found a thread on carforums.co.za and on the GTI club.

I seems some people feel the overall quality of the units aren't that great. Also found people complaining that the units stopped working after some time or that they work intermittedly.

Also some people complained that the SD card, USB reading is not gauranteed to work. Also you need to download software and install it for the GPS to work. Thus you'll need to get the garmin software if you want to use your garmin maps and I'm not sure if there are additional charges for this...

I've seen a review where some one complained that his took minutes to respond to his inputs... although this was not units sold by stopshop.

People also complain about the manuals - they are written in you typical chinese version of english...

Also above the price and DHL delivery qoute you get form the website you will still be required to pay import duties and VAT. This seems to be between R400 and R900 as far as I can gather.

There also appears to be very little service backup from stopshop although they seem to have a technical backup centre in Durban... but if you wish to send a unit for inspection you have to pay for the courier charges.

Some of the people on the GTI forum seems to be happy and quite a few of them bought these chinese units...although one guy reports that his unit is apparently draining his car's batter at 0.5amps even when switched off.

The qoute from the website is R4244 which includes the DHL shipping charge. On top of this you'll have to pay the import duties of about lets say R600 and 14% VAT which is about R450 in this case.

So the total price will be around R5294. At least you should be able to fit it yourself as it seems to come with all the required brackets and cables.

It might be that you end up being happy with it, but I'm not sure if I want to take the R5294 chance...but i'm still tempted. If it actually works it should be brilliant!
    Last edited by Cobus80; 2012/07/03 at 11:10 AM.

Take a look here:

http://www.carforums.co.za/viewtopic...296f0f5d6ddaa6

I dunno what do we think of these cheap Chinese units?

Page 4 of 153 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 29 54 104 ... LastLast