Pajero Sport Thread - Page 2

Page 2 of 153 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 27 52 102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Koppycat View Post
    Congratulations on your purchase Red-J - you've made a great choice!
    I had the Mitsubishi towbar fitted to my vehicle when I purchased it (It was R4,700.00) and from the rear it is a neat fit (photo attached). You don't have any exposed tubing or frame to mount recovery points to so this might prove difficult with the factory option.
    Cheers, Jason
    Thanks for the pic. That setup looks quite neat, and you could probably fit a pin style tow ball amd it would double up as a suitable anchor point.

Have you had a look at local after market accessories manufactures like R&D off road to make up a rear bumper with swing arm?

1999 Jeep XJ 4.0L Sport
    2012 PajeroSport 3,2 DID
    6,5"Lift | TNT Customs Y-Link Longarm Upgrade |BDS Coils | JKS Quicker Disconnects | OME Leafs | 2,5" Block & JKS 1" Boomerang shackles | Skyjacker Nitro Shocks | Bushwacker Fender Flares | 33"Cooper STTs | IPF Headlight upgrade |6" KC Daylighter Spots | Gobi-X Bumpers & Rock-sliders | Airflow Snorkel | ARB Lockers | 4.56 ratios |G2 HD D35 Shafts | Rear Disk Brake Conversion | HD Steering Upgrade

[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Red-J View Post
    Have you had a look at local after market accessories manufactures like R&D off road to make up a rear bumper with swing arm?
    I do need to do a bit more searching and chat to some more suppliers. Problem in KZN is there are very few manufacturers like Burnco/Lynx/R&D so its not going to be an easy process. Might be an excuse for a road trip though
    2018 Ford Everest 3.2 Limited

22 Posts and not one bit of nastyness from the Toyota owners, makes me happy.
    Robbie
    Fortuner D4D
    Hilux 2.7 4x4 Raider.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbief View Post
    22 Posts and not one bit of nastyness from the Toyota owners, makes me happy.
    You'll find that here

http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...light=fortuner

Hi there I purchased the Pajero Sport in September 2009 more or less when it was launched, decided then that there were a few things that needed changing! Below is where I am at the moment with a few left to do!
    Fitted an auto door lock system so as you start the vehicle all the doors lock automatically; Factory fitted tow bar with BOTH recovery points bolted onto the chassis; Takla seat, back and floor covers; Four Fours Bash Plate; Ran heavy duty cables to the back for a National Luna second battery; Front Runner roof rack; Front runner second fuel tank; 5 new rims with 265 75 R16 BFG Mud Terrain tyres –run fine no touching and now 1% difference between the speedo and Garmin; UDF Diesel filter; Radio was disgusting so I replaced it with a Sony head set- only problem is the steering control does not work now. Problem is they use a 3V system from the computer screen to the radio and this will not drive “normal” radios. RDS outweighs this loss!
    I built a flood board that attaches to the 4 rings in the floor at the back that all my ammo boxes, fridge, and 2nd battery are attached to using ali tracking
    With the bigger tyres and the roof rack full I found the box would kick down with the speed cruse set at 120k, so had CRD do a software upgrade on the computer – consumption improved as long as you do not hoof the pedal and no more change down!
    With the new tank I was a little concerned about clearance so had Mega World Fourways install Old Man Emu Nitocharger shocks as well as upgraded and longer springs – 40mm lift
    I am looking to see who can fabricate a NEAT swing out spare wheel mount to position the 2 spare tyres behind the back door – do not want a big steel bumper so must be fitted into the plastic.
    That’s about where I am at the moment!!
    ----- To get something you never had,
    you have to do something you never did -----

Hey Alastair,

How about some pics? Sounds like you have the most modified Sport out of the lot.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab using Tapatalk

Hey Alastair,
    How about some pics? Sounds like you have the most modified Sport out of the lot.
    I second that! will you be so kind to post your power increase figures here?

Hey Bostokkelos,
    Thanks for the info re fuel tanks etc. I'll get hold of LA Sport about the LR tank. Both the Frontrunner and Exel drop the spare wheel a few inches so wasn't keen on that.
    I'm keen to do a Namib tour in July so need to sort out recovery points so I'm going to get my Sport over the workshop pit and see what you're talking about.
    Cheers, Jason
    let us know what the workshop figured out.

Umm, software upgrade to prevent the 'box going into kickdown!? Do tell us more, sir. I have to override the bloody thing with the triptonic and push her back into 4th at the slight of the smallest hill. Drives me crazy, so further info as to what black magic you had installed would be most welcomed!

Anyone know what the difference is between the fuel economy readings on the trip computer in auto 'A' and Manual 'M' ?

1999 Jeep XJ 4.0L Sport
    2012 PajeroSport 3,2 DID
    6,5"Lift | TNT Customs Y-Link Longarm Upgrade |BDS Coils | JKS Quicker Disconnects | OME Leafs | 2,5" Block & JKS 1" Boomerang shackles | Skyjacker Nitro Shocks | Bushwacker Fender Flares | 33"Cooper STTs | IPF Headlight upgrade |6" KC Daylighter Spots | Gobi-X Bumpers & Rock-sliders | Airflow Snorkel | ARB Lockers | 4.56 ratios |G2 HD D35 Shafts | Rear Disk Brake Conversion | HD Steering Upgrade

[/URL]

Does the paj sport not only come in auto?

If I understand correctly both the sport & triton have the same 4 speed auto box. The only difference being that the sport has a tiptronic function, so my next project is to get that tiptronic into my triton.
    Nissan Navara v9x - Good for towing, not good for driving into trees, good bye old friend.
    Ford Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost - For the wife.
    80 Series cruiser - To use the fuel I save on the other two.
    Hilux - Work mobile

Heimrich Swart

Brilliant products are ruined by incompetent suppliers.

Quote Originally Posted by Red-J View Post
    Anyone know what the difference is between the fuel economy readings on the trip computer in auto 'A' and Manual 'M' ?
    These readings don't seem to have anything to do with the driving mode selected.

1999 Jeep XJ 4.0L Sport
    2012 PajeroSport 3,2 DID

[/URL]

As far as I can make out the A is the average consumption since the reading was reset and M is for the current trip. The "A" reading I've found is actually very accurate for the distance covered on the tank - I reset after each refuel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Fitted new tyres

Hankook Dynapro AT's,
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Bostokkelos View Post
    Hankook Dynapro AT's,
    Windgat
    Nissan Navara v9x - Good for towing, not good for driving into trees, good bye old friend.
    Ford Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost - For the wife.
    80 Series cruiser - To use the fuel I save on the other two.
    Hilux - Work mobile

Heimrich Swart

Brilliant products are ruined by incompetent suppliers.

haha, Swartjan I grew up in your town!

Default Pajero Sport Dune Driving

Hey guys, here is a video clip I put together after our recent trip to the Dunes. First outing with the Sport.
    http://youtu.be/vOBSRas-8pA

1999 Jeep XJ 4.0L Sport
    2012 PajeroSport 3,2 DID

[/URL]

Cool Raising Suspension on my Pajero sport

Does anyone know if a suspension lifting kit is available for the Pajero sport. I spoke to a guy in Witbank at LA Sport, according to them there are no lifting kits yet.

Uys (Stofpad did mine)

Page 2 of 153 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 27 52 102 ... LastLast