12000lbs Adendorff Machiney Mart Winch

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 12000lbs Adendorff Machiney Mart Winch

Hi Guys

Just a quick post. Has anyone purchased an EWX 12000 winch from Adendorf Machinery Mart. I would inmagine that its Chinese made. That said, my last Warn on my old Ford DC was used seldomly and mainly to recovery others, thus my reluctance to pay huge prices. This one goes for R4650 plus it must be fitted at an extra cost.

All comments appreciated especially by the fundi's.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sandy

Landcruiser 100 GX Diesel, Dual battery, Dobinson springs, Koni Raid shocks, HID headlights, custom roof rack.

I would also like to know if anyone has experience with these Winches?
    To Operate Your Own Terrific Automobile AKA TOYOTA

R4650 is a very good price Would also like to know if they will last Do you get any Gaurantee/ Warrantee with it
    2004 Defender TD5
    1992 Defender 3.5V8
    PROJECT OVERHAUL http://4x4community.co.za/forum/show...oject+overhaul

I know Niloc(forum name) bought one a while ago,maybe PM him...
    A legend in his own mind

i have one wich i have used seven times and its working fine only problem on mine is when you use it and the cable cannot wind up in layers it tends to jam on the winchbed when you want to unroll it again

Thanks Johnny. I was wondering if it is fully water/dust proof too. One tends to use these things so seldomly but when you do you're really gald that you had one, hence my reluctance to spend vast sums of money on one. How long have you has yours?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sandy

Landcruiser 100 GX Diesel, Dual battery, Dobinson springs, Koni Raid shocks, HID headlights, custom roof rack.

I also got one 2 months ago. Did not use it alot yet. The guy from Adendorff told me the tow truck guys use these alot.
    Niel Bierman

Ford Ranger SupCab 4X4 3.0 XLT
    Nissan Hardbody 2.7D 4X4 SC
    Honda XR400R

ORRA Call sign: B192
    Amateur Radio Call sign: ZS6NEB

My BIL got one on his Cruiser for about two years and he is very happy with it.
    BlinkGat Products
    Manufacturing of Aluminium
    custom made Products
    Sarel 082 820 9413
    www.blinkgatproducts.com

I got the one just smaller than the 12000lbs. I think it is 8000lbs

Dunked it at Bosvark then used it to recover myself the same day. Also dropped the control in the water and no problem.

Bosvark recovery

Franz
    Attached Images Attached Images  

What I know is that a wet winch won't necessarily give you probs immediately,but a while later.
    For interests sake,have you used it recently Flagster
    I've been looking at getting one...
    A legend in his own mind

andre` Guest

I wanted to buy one 2 or 3 years ago but they did not have a complete one in SA. I assumed they break a lot and bought a Tabor

I would not waste my money on it. Add a few bucks and buy something decent
    Turnkey Construction Projects, Commercial, industrial, Domestic
    Importers: Diving gear, Compressed air cylinders for diving and airgun industry, 4x4 equipment.
    Manufacturers: Pofadder Kinetic ropes, Recovery kits, Synthetic winch ropes
    Vehicles: Modifications and installations, Special application vehicles
    Driver training: 4x4, Defensive
    [email protected]
    +27824453301

Quote Originally Posted by Engel
    I would not waste my money on it. Add a few bucks and buy something decent
    Have you tested them? Compared to the really pricey ones? If you dunk a Warn or any other and leave it, are you guaranteed that it will work later?

I know made in china stuff is mostly cra... And am not a fan of supporting the Ching chong, but sometimes the name brands are just pathetically over priced.
    Marc
    2003 Colt Rodeo D/C 2.8TDi 4x4
    32" BFG A/T
    40mm Body Lift
    ARB Front Bumper

whenever I have been out and someone uses his winch [once every 3 years] and it fails it has been a mudkreeper, or no name winch.

I cannot sell it to a customer, in fact I wont sell it. I only do warn, come-up, mile marker and ramsey, but stay with the first 2. Nothing else.
    Turnkey Construction Projects, Commercial, industrial, Domestic
    Importers: Diving gear, Compressed air cylinders for diving and airgun industry, 4x4 equipment.
    Manufacturers: Pofadder Kinetic ropes, Recovery kits, Synthetic winch ropes
    Vehicles: Modifications and installations, Special application vehicles
    Driver training: 4x4, Defensive
    [email protected]
    +27824453301

Ja, I agree. Someone somewhere seems to be making a superprofit somewhere. I have noticed in the catalog they call this model a recovery which as opposed to a 4x4 winch. It might be that its a good heavy duty model that will serve the tow truck guys very well with lots of use each day. What bothers me is the durability of being mounted low down in a "dirty" environment compared to being mouinted high up in a "clean" city environment.

The jury is still out for me.

Sandy

The difference comes in the technology.

Series wound vss solid magnet motors.

Bushes vss bearings.

Materials used. etc

A cheap vise grip or spanner is fine for some, but it will never be a SNAP-ON - period.

You can buy a size 3 cheap chinese bushed plastic spinning fishing real for R79 or a 5 bearing stainless Saltiga for R4000.

Both will appear to do the same up to a point. But when you hook that big one, or need to service or repair, thats when you will find out what you paid for.

WARN make and supply both WARN and Tabor (economy WARN) winches. Dont you think if they could make a WARN for the price of a Tabor they would.

Tow Car vultures - not a good example. Everything they do is lowest possible denominator. From ethics, road manners, car choice to winches and safety standards.
    Cheers

ZS5KAD
    3 V8's
    NA TwinTurbo SuperCharger
    A V6 and an inline 4

The frogs are starting to notice that the water is getting warm but it is already too hot to do anything about it.....

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy
    The difference comes in the technology.

Series wound vss solid magnet motors.

Bushes vss bearings.

Materials used. etc

A cheap vise grip or spanner is fine for some, but it will never be a SNAP-ON - period.

You can buy a size 3 cheap chinese bushed plastic spinning fishing real for R79 or a 5 bearing stainless Saltiga for R4000.

Both will appear to do the same up to a point. But when you hook that big one, or need to service or repair, thats when you will find out what you paid for.

WARN make and supply both WARN and Tabor (economy WARN) winches. Dont you think if they could make a WARN for the price of a Tabor they would.

Tow Car vultures - not a good example. Everything they do is lowest possible denominator. From ethics, road manners, car choice to winches and safety standards.
    Now that's an answer I like! Lots of facts with technical backup.
    Marc
    32" BFG A/T
    40mm Body Lift
    ARB Front Bumper

Quote Originally Posted by Engel
    whenever I have been out and someone uses his winch [once every 3 years] and it fails it has been a mudkreeper, or no name winch.

I cannot sell it to a customer, in fact I wont sell it. I only do warn, come-up, mile marker and ramsey, but stay with the first 2. Nothing else.
    Those one liner answers bug me, I prefer one like this where the experience and expertise shows.
    Marc
    32" BFG A/T
    40mm Body Lift
    ARB Front Bumper

My dad has one of these, and here is it's history:

We bolted it on, unrolled the cable and wound it up under handbrake tension, no problems whatsoever. A few weeks later I used my dad's vehicle on a trip to Moz in the rainy season. I got stuck in a mud pool, used the winch to get me out, no problem. The next day the weather cleared, and we took out the rubber duck. When we came back and we tried to winch the duck back onto the trailer, the winch was dead.

We returned it to Adendorfs, who replaced both the motor and solenoid. The good thing is that they did this under warranty, the bad thing is that they took about two months.

I then used it once to recover and load a wildebees. My dad then went on a trip, and got stuck in the mud. Winch dead. Fortunately about five hours later somebody passed by.

My feeling is that if you overland alone, a reliable winch could be the thing that keeps you alive, and then you must buy a good one, but if you only play in groups, buy the Adendorf or whatever.

If I ever buy a winch, it will probably be a second-hand Warn, Come-up or Ramsey.
    1996 Patrol 4.2SGL with lots of stuff to make it heavier and thus increase traction?

I've got a secondhand old Warn 8000lb laying around in my garage. Its not working(aparantly the magnet is broken) and it needs a cable. Would it be better/cheaper to get it fix and buy it a new cable or to go for this 12000lb Adendorfs jobbie. What would you guys do?
    I'll would never see myself paying the price of a new Warn.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast