Xplorer

Thread: Xplorer

Default Xplorer

I have just bought a new Jurgens Xplorer and am planning my first trip to the Kruger Park next month. How easy is the tent to erect? I have basically the front awning and the sides as well as the shower. The salesman landed up complicating everything as he really didn't know what he was doing.

Bokvel

Where did you buy... or rather who was the salesman... it is really easy, yours have 2 poles more than mine....?

Cheers
    Christo

Default Xplorer

I'm also in the market for either the Xplorer or Xcape. I have a concern re the excessive weight of the Xplorer. Can anyone give me an idea of weight on vehicle's towbar when fully loaded?

mac,

If you pack most of the stuff on the floor and a couple of heavy items on the bed, I would say 100-120kg on the nose. at first mine was around 150kg but I removed the drop plate for a more level nose and packed a couple of heavy things like table and gazzibo on the bed the weight came down. If you fill the water tank (80kg) the weight is reduced to around 90-100kg.

Hope this will help

Mac,

I've send you a PM

Quote Originally Posted by bokvel View Post
    I have just bought a new Jurgens Xplorer and am planning my first trip to the Kruger Park next month. How easy is the tent to erect? I have basically the front awning and the sides as well as the shower. The salesman landed up complicating everything as he really didn't know what he was doing.

The awning is real easy to erect - roll it out and the you will notice that there are on both sides parts of the awning that needs to be tread into the caravan's beading - slide these in and fold out the built in poles - 2 upright and 2 horisontal towards the caravan - in a seperate bag, you will find another 4 poles and a connector - the short pole fits into the slot in the middle of the van - put it in there and fit the "connector" to the top - from this to the aluminium front edge of the awning connect the middle pole - it merely slips into and rests in the gap. The other 2 poles are for the long side on next to the fridge - the one is an upright and the other runs from that uprignt to the same aluminium front edge - slip this one into the gap aswell, connect your guide ropes and bob's your uncle. NB - remember to unzip the flysheet for the front double bed tent before you thrread it in otherwise you are gonna battle you "proverbial" off to get it in.

Good luck and enjoy!
    2010 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado 4.0 TX
    2007 Toyota Land Cruiser VX100 4.2TD
    2009 Jurgens Xplorer Anniversary Ed No.144