User manual Kenwood TK-3207

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default User manual Kenwood TK-3207

I have picked up 4 x Kenwood TK-3207 portable radio's. They work, but I need to know how the additional features work. I am therefor looking for a user manual. I have trawled the net but can not find anything there. Does anyone know where I can find a manual?
    Regards,
    Edwin
    Defender '99 TD5 Pick Up
    Rock sliders, Spare wheel carrier, Roof Rack, Aluminium canopy, Tentco RTT, Tentco Awning, 280Ah Dual batteries, 3 x Sliding Drawers, Water tank, Hot Shower, Kitchen

I don't have the user manual as we supply them with the radios. But I can send you a PDF brochure of the radio if you're interested.

-F_D
    Eric Skeen is the Family Dog
    White Fang:
    1999 2700i DC Raider 4x4
    Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2200 DC 4x4
    Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4 V6
    Hound Dog: 2000 2700i SC 4x4

F_D, Thanks for the response. If you dont mind please e mail me the brochure. My e mail address is . . .(removed)
    I have tested the radio's and they work. Channel 1-8 All OK then when I select Channel 9 onwards to 16 I get a loud tone and the indicator LED flashes Red and Yellow

Also there are two buttons on the left of the handset below the PTT key. Any idea what they are for?

Are these radio's licence free? I have seen that they have a 4w/1w power output. Can this be selected or do you have to have a licence for the 4w option

If the 4w is an option then would you recommend programming the handset accordingly?

Sorry about all the questions but you seem to be the one in the know

Regards,
    PS enjoy the rest of your Birthday
    Last edited by Defender TAZ; 2018/07/14 at 05:45 AM.
    Edwin
    Defender '99 TD5 Pick Up
    Rock sliders, Spare wheel carrier, Roof Rack, Aluminium canopy, Tentco RTT, Tentco Awning, 280Ah Dual batteries, 3 x Sliding Drawers, Water tank, Hot Shower, Kitchen

Hi Edwin,

I have emailed the brochure to you, am awaiting a user manual from my contacts and will pass this on to you as soon as I receive it.

Your questions:

Channel 1-8 All OK then when I select Channel 9 onwards to 16 I get a loud tone and the indicator LED flashes Red and Yellow
    This is because only the first 8 channels have been programmed, the others (9-16) are not programmed.

Also there are two buttons on the left of the handset below the PTT key. Any idea what they are for?
    They are "Dealer Programmable" buttons and can have a multitude of functions if so programmed. Normally, this is not done.

Are these radio's licence free? I have seen that they have a 4w/1w power output. Can this be selected or do you have to have a licence for the 4w option
    Unfortunately, not. They do have a Hi/Lo power function but only certain radios are classified as licence-free and their RF output power may not exceed 0,5W. You do require a licence.

If the 4w is an option then would you recommend programming the handset accordingly?
    Certainly, but see the point above regarding licences. Many Neighbourhood Watch units operate radios in the UHF band and these radios would be ideal for that purpose.

The final bit of bad news is that you may not have unlicenced two-way radio equipment in your possession.

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

-F_D
    Eric Skeen is the Family Dog
    White Fang:
    1999 2700i DC Raider 4x4
    Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2200 DC 4x4
    Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4 V6
    Hound Dog: 2000 2700i SC 4x4