My Aluminium Canopy - Isuzu - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Default Re: My Aluminium Canopy - Isuzu

Quote Originally Posted by moineau View Post
    Hi,

I like your canopy.
    What are the sizes of the Windows? How many mm less than the canopy?
    Did you install a RTT on it?
    Hi,

Thank you 😶

I think I left a 7mm gap, best will be to measure the rubber when you purchase it.

I did not mount a rooftop on it, but did make a roof rack for it, the strength of the frame was more than enough
    2010 Toyota Fortuner 3.0D4D 4x4
    Front Mount Intercooler / 76mm Exhaust / "Veri-Peri" Remote map Dastek chip - SAC / RAW4x4 Predator Suspension(HDP Shocks) / DIY Roof Rack / 265/70R17 BFG AT Ko2 / Frontrunner Rocksliders / Excel Long range Tank / Ironman Front Bumper / DIY Rear bumper with sparewheel carriers / DIY Centre Console / OOMS se Canvas Dash & Sparewheel covers ......what is next?
    2020 Toyota Hilux 2.4GD6 Extracab
    Soos hy van sy Ma af kom
    2012 BMW X1 2.0D S-Drive
    Adrie's fuelsaver....[/B]
    All covered by:TUFFSTUFF INSURANCE PRODUCT

Any updates?

I'm needing an alu canopy for work... The bliksems keep stealing my tools...
    I have a few questions:
    1. First of all the easy route: Anybody by any chance want to get rid of one for a 2005 Isuzu D/cab?
    2. Why are all these canopies sow low? I think a bit of extra height would be useful - there must be a reason why people don't do it?
    3. Anybody know of someone in PE area who builds these? I can do the alum myself, but I need some help with the frame.
    4. Anyone know of suppliers for rubbers, locks, gas lifters in PE?
    5. Any comments on making roof racks for the bakkie that match the height of the canopy, or the canopy's roof rack? Drilling into the roof isn't an option, would it work to mount something on top of normal roof racks?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrsnapln View Post
    I'm needing an alu canopy for work... The bliksems keep stealing my tools...
    I have a few questions:
    1. First of all the easy route: Anybody by any chance want to get rid of one for a 2005 Isuzu D/cab?
    2. Why are all these canopies sow low? I think a bit of extra height would be useful - there must be a reason why people don't do it?
    3. Anybody know of someone in PE area who builds these? I can do the alum myself, but I need some help with the frame.
    4. Anyone know of suppliers for rubbers, locks, gas lifters in PE?
    5. Any comments on making roof racks for the bakkie that match the height of the canopy, or the canopy's roof rack? Drilling into the roof isn't an option, would it work to mount something on top of normal roof racks?
    I am also building a steel framed Alu canopy.
    I think the main reason that you don't seem to get higher cabs is the compound curves needed to make the canopy "look nice" in the front if it were higher than the cab. I have seen some pics of some, but have yet to see a nice one. I also would love the extra height but can't seem to do it nicely. It is easy to do in fiber glass, but not so easy in metal.

For roof racks, I am going to drill through the top and through steel frame work and bolt on roof rack. I will put a rubber in between the steel roof rack and the aluminum to keep the two metals apart and it will also waterproof. I will use neoprene. I did the same on my fiberglass bakkie and never had a leak in 9 years.

James

Hi Guys I have not posted for a while, I am almost done building a canopy (ideas stolen off this thread). James1 you can get most of the bits and pieces you need from 4 X 4 Direct. Their service and delivery is great. I have bought all my locks and gas struts etc from them.
    If it's not life threatening, it's not worth stressing about

What I have done for roofrack is I have inserted into the four corners a 8mm Steel cut to fit the inside of rectangular tubing and drilled and tapped a thread into it. When I build a roof rack I will bolt it down and also remove when not in use. I do not like wind noise. Avoid it where i can
    If it's not life threatening, it's not worth stressing about

I did buy my locks from 4x4 direct.
    My build has been going very slowly. I will post as soon as I make some progress

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4