Isuzu Models over the years - Page 4

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    A nice pic of a 2000 model 280DT
    Ek sien 'n 2000 model.
    En dan 2 x 80kg Dik Tjoppies. Maar dit was laaaank terug.
    Jacques
    Never trust a Chinchilla to hold your balloon.

Quote Originally Posted by trooper View Post
    I agree, where are the troopers; as they say in the US, the world is too big for a car, drive an Isuzu
    My SUV is a rebadged ISUZU Trooper, Opel never built a decent 4x4 themselves (sorry Frontier fans).
    It was also rebadged as the Holden Jackaroo and Honda Acura.
    Running these 'exotics' in SA is a flippin nightmare when it comes to service and spare parts though!

...another thread....
    Last edited by Sakkie; 2012/02/20 at 01:09 PM.
    Sakkie Coetzee

Some people say I have a "short temper"....I see it as swift and assertive reaction to Bull!

n Maat van my het vanoggend die ons Suze se oer ouma grooitjie in Thailand raak geloop.

JP

Isuzu KB300 D/C 4x4 (KB6)

is there any difference on engines between the 2003 KB300TDI and the 2004-2007 KB300LX. Also want to know if there is any difference in power and torque on the 4jb1 engine on kb280dt and 4ja1-turbo on the KB250LE 2003 model.

2003 KB300TDI and the 2004-2007 KB300LX - small differences, basically the same engine. 250 vs 280, yes there is a difference, not sure of figures.

do all the models have timing belts. i understand the 2003 KB300TDI has a timing belt not sure of the 2004-2007 KB300LX model?

Miskien is ek verkeerd maar ek dink die eerste "Isuzu's" was genoem WASP. Oom van my het een gehad. Self het ek oppi plaas baie Isuzu's gehad van 1983 af. Huidiglik wag ek vir die nuwes se bekendstelling.

And MY all time favourite!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Stockman View Post
    And MY all time favourite!
    Which we drove past just now.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rocky28 For This Useful Post:

Default 2004 d/c 300tdi 4x4

Good Day.
    I am thinking of buying a isuzu 2004 model 3.0tdi 4x4 for 109000k
    Is this a good price...? the km is high 265000km
    What should I watch out for?
    What is the fuel consumption like?
    How good are the off road?
    are their any other suggestions on what I should buy
    any help will be appreciated

There very good offload my dad had an 2005 same model I'm assuming its the one before the dteq one . He had a arb number alucab canopy on it as well. It never got stuck on any 4x4 course we went on weekends his friend had a Nissan 3L tdi which couldn't go up a hill my dad just let it idle up the hill his friend wasn't to happy after that . He had to get a chip and remap the engine to get up it there very reliable as well my grandpa has a 2005 4x2 though. His has got 380k on it same engine doesn't smoke at all just make sure if u buy it you service it every 10k with new oil and all the other filters diesel filter can be done at every 30k my grandpa does this and she's never broken down on him the consumption should be around 10.5/100km depending on your right foot thers a pic of his odo for proof of the 380k but was taken 2 months ago hence the 379253 Km's it's on 380k now
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Vissendran View Post
    KB230 great vehicle ? Yes the body was great the engine was great - well for having so little power ... my dad bought an 89 model 4x4 lwb (new shape) in 96 or 97 ...
    went on a trip from Tzaneen to Sutherland the day before x-mas in one of the years above ... had a bench seat and having my dad 6 foot 2 and mom prob around 5 foot something very little ... he could not let her drive so he had to drive the whole road with the rest of us taking turns sitting in front with him - we went thru all or cassette tapes (the ones that worked) on that trip eventually had to start singing to keep him awake - this is all because he CANNOT sleep in a car - always use to driving - but now that we all drive our own cars he lets us drive if we go with him ... then you can see he busy "om vis te vang" ...

from Sutherland went to Joubertina to visit his sister ... when we got back home probably about less than 7 month later he ripped out the engine and put in a good old fashoined Ford BIG SIX motor ... was an awesome motor as when something happened it could be fixed from the ground up for like 1500 bucks - ok he did do all the work himself ...

eventually swapped the V6 motor for a KB250 4x4 - did the work himself too, doing the transplant between the 2 vehicles - when we opened the bonnet of the 250 it had a turbo on that was a great luck we got there - it ran quite nicely with a KB280DT dc 4x4 ...

i miss that bakkie ....
    Goeie dag. ehet op die post afgekom en wil meer weet oor die KB250 Turbo. Hoe goed het die engin gehou? Het een wat ek bietjie meer krag wil he maar kan nie nuwe bekostig nie en die bakkie het nou eers 250 000km op '96 model LE langbak. Beste Isuzu ooit. Kan net nie klaar raak nie.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkie View Post
    The one that started it all. Mid 70s Originally sold as the Chevy LUV, and later renamed to it's proper name. The Isuzu Samurai

Current Model: The DTeq series

2004-2007 model: DMax series

2002/03 Model KB300tdi. Same shape as the 280, but 3l engine with intercooler with scoop on the bonnet

The last KB280 '97-2002, and the end of what started the whole Turbo Diesel era in South Africa. Different grill and lights to the earlier model.

The '94 -'96 KB280DT. The start of the leganday KB280TurboDiesel....and arguebly the first successful double cab

The followup from the Samurai in the 80s...Several facelifts, but in essence it stayed this model up to the '93 new model

I'll add more as I find good pics. If you've got, email me...

Hi Sakkie

Dalk kan jy my help. Het n '96 Isuzu 250 diesel 2x4. Kan ek n 4x4 onderstel van dieselfde jaar gebruik en my engin en bakwerk op die 4x4 onderstel sit. Wou altyd so een gehad het. En as dit kan waar begin ek soek na so n onderstel? Enige hulp sal wardeer word.

Daai's die VehiCross Thys. Hulle is tot in flieks gebruik as gevolg van die looks. Klein handjie vol het in ons land ingesypel...meestal onwettig.

Die Amerikaners was mal oor hom. Hulle het hom 'n PUV genoem. Performance Utility Vehicle. Meeste karre op die pad se gat geskop, en meeste offroaders s'n in die veld. Die manne wat hom het....ag, los dit maar Dis nou 'n trokkie om oor liries te raak.... 4x4 FerrariXRollsRoyce

en die ander een wat ons nooit gesien het nie....die 2003 Isuzu Frontier...wat anders as net eenvoudig 'n skande

This is a nice looking cab even by todays standards.
    Jeep, there is only one.

I
    en die ander een wat ons nooit gesien het nie....die 2003 Isuzu Frontier...wat anders as net eenvoudig 'n skande

Ek dink oorsee is hulle die Isuzu Rodeo = Isuzu Frontier

Ek het nou die dag hier in Melkbosstrand n baie baie mooi Isuzu Trooper gesien. Nie die een wat ek gesien het nie maar soortgelyk

Last edited by Nox; 2014/07/11 at 10:14 AM.
    Land Rover Defender 90 2.8i
    Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD WK
    Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.8 JK
    Jeep Cherokee
    3.7 Sport KK
    Jeep Cherokee 3.7 Extreme Sport KJ
    Suzuki Jimny ジムニ

Quote Originally Posted by LandroverTD5 View Post
    Hi Sakkie

Dalk kan jy my help. Het n '96 Isuzu 250 diesel 2x4. Kan ek n 4x4 onderstel van dieselfde jaar gebruik en my engin en bakwerk op die 4x4 onderstel sit. Wou altyd so een gehad het. En as dit kan waar begin ek soek na so n onderstel? Enige hulp sal wardeer word.
    Jip, bolt on.

Quote Originally Posted by kevjones View Post
    This is a nice looking cab even by todays standards.
    I've seen one here in SA, a couple in Moz, and as the Opel Frontera in Europe/UK.

Tell you, I get all worked up just trying to figure out why the hell we never got it.

Image that vehicle, classic Isuzu driving comfort, with a 300 Dteq VGT Diesel.
    Sakkie Coetzee

Some people say I have a "short temper"....I see it as swift and assertive reaction to Bull!

Jip, bolt on.

I've seen one here in SA, a couple in Moz, and as the Opel Frontera in Europe/UK.

Tell you, I get all worked up just trying to figure out why the hell we never got it.

Image that vehicle, classic Isuzu driving comfort, with a 300 Dteq VGT Diesel.
    Agree 100% Sakie I would have one anyday.
    Jeep, there is only one.

They made that same frontier in the us... Sold as a Honda passport... Annoying that we did not see any of it

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast