3 Bush Lapa Miskruiers in one spot!





Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    55
    Posts
    6,391
    Thanked: 1122

    Default 3 Bush Lapa Miskruiers in one spot!

    Ha Ha, die vraag is seker, wat lok die Miskruiers??

    I am looking forward to this long weekend as it will be my 1st camping trip in my new Bush Lapa Miskruier. We are 3 families that have been camping together for longer than I care to remember. All 3 of us sold what we had and bought the Bush Lapa Miskruier. We hope that no. 3 will be ready by Friday for collection on our way to Slanghoek. For that reason we will be camping at Slanghoek (never been there before) – close to the Bush Lapa workshop and not one of our usual rustic camping spots. At the moment the final touches are being done to the last one. The new Bush Lapa range was recently launched and we currently have numbers 6, 7 and 8 to come off the line.

    We took one along on our Mozambique trip last month (only no 6 was completed at the time) and the Miskruier impressed me no end. It really took a hammering (not intentionally) and I am convinced that many 4x4 caravans would not have survived some of the pot holes we hit during the 5,200 km trip that took us from Cape Town, through Swaziland, Mozambique, Transkei, the Eastern Cape and back home. I had no idea a caravan can bounce that high and still come down in one piece .

    I took delivery of mine 2 weeks ago and this past weekend I was again pleasantly surprised at the amount of packing space in the Miskruier. I was able to fit everything I had in my Conqueror Commander into the Miskruier with ease. The fact that everything is made out of stainless steel and aluminum (mostly stainless steel) is a huge plus. Those with Conquerors living close to the coast will testify to that. It is light and compact and very easy to tow. I am seriously considering taking it along on out next long trip. The Commander stayed at home for our Botswana trip in 2010 and I besides it being sold at the time, I also would not have considered taking it along on our Mozambique trip last month either. It is just too bulky and besides causing havoc on the fuel consumption, I could never relax when driving through rough and difficult terrain. An off-road trailer would have been more suitable for those trips. It is exactly this that gives the Miskruier the edge. You have the comfort of a off-road caravan with 2 large double beds that is easy to set up…..but it is compact and more or less the size of a off-road trailer. The L-shaped tent roof is fixed to the caravan and zips nicely into a bag on the roof that also holds all of the poles – same as with the Commander.

    If you are in the market for a off-road caravan, do yourself a favor and take a look at the Bush Lapa range before you make I final decision………and no, I have no link to Bush Lapa nor do I get any commission . I just appreciate a good quality product where you can see the owner takes pride in his work. Keep up the good work Jannie – hope to see many of your products on the road soon.


    EDIT 25/11/2013: I just picked up on this thread I started back in 2011... . There has been a number of changes on the Bush Lapa range have a look at the Miskruier Review or the Bush Lapa mods threads


    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Kooskop; 2013/11/25 at 01:12 PM.
    Michael (Kooskop) My naam is NIE Koos nie..
    Toyota FJ Cruiser
    Bush Lapa - 1st Miskruier B8, now B192
    BMW F800GS

    When in doubt, paint it black

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Witfield, Boksburg
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,875
    Thanked: 64

    Default

    No pictures?
    Didn't happen....
    Chris

    "Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing" Helen Keller

    1996 Range Rover P38 4,6 HSE
    1977 LandRover Series III 109" Project

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    55
    Posts
    6,391
    Thanked: 1122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crips View Post
    No pictures?
    Didn't happen....
    Will post some next week - God willing
    Michael (Kooskop) My naam is NIE Koos nie..
    Toyota FJ Cruiser
    Bush Lapa - 1st Miskruier B8, now B192
    BMW F800GS

    When in doubt, paint it black

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    55
    Posts
    6,391
    Thanked: 1122

    Default

    There......did happen

    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Michael (Kooskop) My naam is NIE Koos nie..
    Toyota FJ Cruiser
    Bush Lapa - 1st Miskruier B8, now B192
    BMW F800GS

    When in doubt, paint it black

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Amorosa
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,401
    Thanked: 355

    Default

    Do you maybe have pictures of them pitched with tents etc?

    Nice photo, maybe send it to the manufacturer, will look great in a Ad I think...
    Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD6 4x4 MT
    Bush Lapa Miskruier 586
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFS..._as=subscriber
    4x4 Competency - Unit Standard 254135

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Scottburgh
    Age
    60
    Posts
    167
    Thanked: 20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogaards View Post
    Do you maybe have pictures of them pitched with tents etc?
    Yes Please, Pictures of inside, outside when setup, will be great, Thanks

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,547
    Thanked: 430

    Default

    Kooskop, a bit of a stupid question, but the Bush Lapa website is not clear on this:
    The side double bed is given as 1800 x 1300mm, but I can't figure out which direction one would lie on it. Is your head in the tent part with your feet pointing into the 'van, or is your body basically parallel to the 'van longitunidal axis?
    '89 LR 110 V8

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike N For This Useful Post:


  9. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    55
    Posts
    6,391
    Thanked: 1122

    Default

    Bogaards - copy of pic's sent to Jannie at Bush Lapa yesterday . I will post some more pictures shortly. Unfortunately I did not go all out on taking model pictures while set up but will see what I have.

    Mike N. On the side double bed your head is in the tent part with your feet pointing into the van. I think I may have a picture that will clarify this.
    Michael (Kooskop) My naam is NIE Koos nie..
    Toyota FJ Cruiser
    Bush Lapa - 1st Miskruier B8, now B192
    BMW F800GS

    When in doubt, paint it black

  10. #9
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,547
    Thanked: 430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kooskop View Post
    Mike N. On the side double bed your head is in the tent part with your feet pointing into the van. I think I may have a picture that will clarify this.
    Thanks Kooskop, what I hoped to hear.
    '89 LR 110 V8

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    55
    Posts
    6,391
    Thanked: 1122

    Default

    Pic's as promised. Just a reminder that these were taken for personal use. Did not go all out to secure all the pegs to make the tent look nice and straight - or pack away the camping clutter...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 189.jpg 
Views:	6249 
Size:	143.9 KB 
ID:	108167   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 201.jpg 
Views:	3764 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	108168   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 202.jpg 
Views:	2269 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	108169   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 207.jpg 
Views:	3221 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	108170   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 213.jpg 
Views:	3547 
Size:	108.7 KB 
ID:	108171   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 214.jpg 
Views:	2927 
Size:	103.1 KB 
ID:	108172   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 217.jpg 
Views:	2371 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	108173   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 218.jpg 
Views:	2515 
Size:	72.7 KB 
ID:	108174  

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 223a.jpg 
Views:	1927 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	108175   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 278a.jpg 
Views:	1932 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	108176  
    Michael (Kooskop) My naam is NIE Koos nie..
    Toyota FJ Cruiser
    Bush Lapa - 1st Miskruier B8, now B192
    BMW F800GS

    When in doubt, paint it black

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Scottburgh
    Age
    60
    Posts
    167
    Thanked: 20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kooskop View Post
    Pic's as promised.
    Thank You, very very nice, Lapa has just moved into number one spot for my trailer purchase.
    One question please, the pictures of the beds, the hight from matress to roof, does this allow for one to sit in bed without your head touching the roof. Thanks
    Last edited by culltony; 2011/08/12 at 11:16 AM. Reason: spelling

  13. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    55
    Posts
    6,391
    Thanked: 1122

    Default

    Yes, the crawl space for the bed in the front does seem small but once in, you can sit without your head touching the roof.
    Last edited by Kooskop; 2011/08/12 at 12:06 PM.
    Michael (Kooskop) My naam is NIE Koos nie..
    Toyota FJ Cruiser
    Bush Lapa - 1st Miskruier B8, now B192
    BMW F800GS

    When in doubt, paint it black

  14. #13
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Plettenberg bay
    Posts
    736
    Thanked: 128

    Default

    No prices on the website, so what do these cost?
    Range Rover Sport HSE
    MGB GT
    Mercedes Benz C200 (SWAMBO)


    I try to be the person my dogs thought I was....

  15. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Amorosa
    Age
    35
    Posts
    6,401
    Thanked: 355

    Default

    Looks very nice. From the pics the build quality also looks good!
    Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD6 4x4 MT
    Bush Lapa Miskruier 586
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFS..._as=subscriber
    4x4 Competency - Unit Standard 254135

  16. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    55
    Posts
    6,391
    Thanked: 1122

    Default

    The price will depend on which model in the range you choose and what options you select. You can contact Jannie at Bush Lapa for a detailed list of what you get standard with the model of your choice and then a list of all the optional goodies you can add with a price for each of them. You will then be able to do a quick calculation by selecting the extras according to your needs.
    Michael (Kooskop) My naam is NIE Koos nie..
    Toyota FJ Cruiser
    Bush Lapa - 1st Miskruier B8, now B192
    BMW F800GS

    When in doubt, paint it black

  17. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    54
    Posts
    686
    Thanked: 2

    Default

    Michael, I hope we get some more photos of the 3 x Miskruiers after this Easter weekends camping!!

  18. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    55
    Posts
    6,391
    Thanked: 1122

    Default

    Only 2 of the 3 did the Cedar mountain trip . The other one was busy with a Lesotho trip. I will check but I don't think we took any nice pictures this weekend. It would have been a sorry sight as the Miskruiers looked like they rolled in the mud. At least it was just mud and not the stuff Miskruiers are usually associated with .
    Michael (Kooskop) My naam is NIE Koos nie..
    Toyota FJ Cruiser
    Bush Lapa - 1st Miskruier B8, now B192
    BMW F800GS

    When in doubt, paint it black

  19. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Gonubie
    Age
    53
    Posts
    454
    Thanked: 24

    Default

    Michael, die voorste afdak(tent gedeelte) is baie groot. Hoe verpak jy hom. Moet jy dit los inpak iewers? Hoe groot vou dit op?

    Dankie


    2016 Ford Ranger 4x4 Auto
    2010 Mitshubishi Pajero SWB - Sold
    2015 Toyota Fortuner Epic 4x4 Auto
    2014 Echo Kavango


    " A meal without wine is called breakfast"

  20. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    55
    Posts
    6,391
    Thanked: 1122

    Default

    Jy gaan nie glo as jy daai dak in sy sakkie sien nie. Hy pas in 'n PVC zip sak wat op die wa bly - sien foto waar die middelste wa op post #4 die sakkie op het. Nie net rol die hele L-shape dak in hom in nie, al die paale pas ook in hom. Jy kan die sak of daar los (hy gly in en strap dan vas) of jy kan hom uitgly en binne in die wa gooi. Die naweek byvoorbeeld was dit handig dat hy maklik afhaal want gister was die eerste sonskyn dag en my dak sou nooit onder die bome droog geword het nie. Ek kon hom is die son gaan oopgooi. Die kantseile pas in 'n sak wat as jy hulle mooi vou, omtrent die volume van 'n ammokis opneem. Die gooi ek sommer in die hoek van die groot stoor spasie onder die bed.
    Last edited by Kooskop; 2012/04/10 at 02:58 PM.
    Michael (Kooskop) My naam is NIE Koos nie..
    Toyota FJ Cruiser
    Bush Lapa - 1st Miskruier B8, now B192
    BMW F800GS

    When in doubt, paint it black

  21. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Midrand
    Age
    47
    Posts
    27
    Thanked: 0

    Default Miskruier en Commander?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kooskop View Post
    Ha Ha, die vraag is seker, wat lok die Miskruiers??
    I am looking forward to this long weekend as it will be my 1st camping trip in my new Bush Lapa Miskruier. We are 3 families that have been camping together for longer than I care to remember. All 3 of us sold what we had and bought the Bush Lapa Miskruier. We hope that no. 3 will be ready by Friday for collection on our way to Slanghoek. For that reason we will be camping at Slanghoek (never been there before) – close to the Bush Lapa workshop and not one of our usual rustic camping spots. At the moment the final touches are being done to the last one. The new Bush Lapa range was recently launched and we currently have numbers 6, 7 and 8 to come off the line.
    We took one along on our Mozambique trip last month (only no 6 was completed at the time) and the Miskruier impressed me no end. It really took a hammering (not intentionally) and I am convinced that many 4x4 caravans would not have survived some of the pot holes we hit during the 5,200 km trip that took us from Cape Town, through Swaziland, Mozambique, Transkei, the Eastern Cape and back home. I had no idea a caravan can bounce that high and still come down in one piece .
    I took delivery of mine 2 weeks ago and this past weekend I was again pleasantly surprised at the amount of packing space in the Miskruier. I was able to fit everything I had in my Conqueror Commander into the Miskruier with ease. The fact that everything is made out of stainless steel and aluminum (mostly stainless steel) is a huge plus. Those with Conquerors living close to the coast will testify to that. It is light and compact and very easy to tow. I am seriously considering taking it along on out next long trip. The Commander stayed at home for our Botswana trip in 2010 and I besides it being sold at the time, I also would not have considered taking it along on our Mozambique trip last month either. It is just too bulky and besides causing havoc on the fuel consumption, I could never relax when driving through rough and difficult terrain. An off-road trailer would have been more suitable for those trips. It is exactly this that gives the Miskruier the edge. You have the comfort of a off-road caravan with 2 large double beds that is easy to set up…..but it is compact and more or less the size of a off-road trailer. The L-shaped tent roof is fixed to the caravan and zips nicely into a bag on the roof that also holds all of the poles – same as with the Commander.
    If you are in the market for a off-road caravan, do yourself a favor and take a look at the Bush Lapa range before you make I final decision………and no, I have no link to Bush Lapa nor do I get any commission . I just appreciate a good quality product where you can see the owner takes pride in his work. Keep up the good work Jannie – hope to see many of your products on the road soon.
    Glad you are a happy camper but please explain to me why do you comparing the Miskruier to a Conqueror Commander. The Commander is a big Caravan that should be compared with something like the Jurgens Explorer. The Miskruier should be compared with the Conqueror Companion.
    I bought my first Commander in 2007 and have traveled to Tanzania and back with it so I know the Commander very well. Last year I bought a Conqueror Companion and I can tell you that this is my ultimate Caravan.
    The basic stats:
    990kg dry weight, sleeps 4 (1 x queen size extra length bed and 1 x double bed), 150L of water with a 20L geezer that works from gas or electrisaty, a 10L per minut water pump that feeds the shower and basins, two 105 or 130Ah deep cycle batteries that's charged from a 20Ah charger and 12V outlet around the trailer. Very unique to the Conqueror products are the independent suspension system that has been set up with a Camel shock system and the compression pack that puts pressure inside the caravan to prevents dust from getting into the caravan when driving on a dust road. You have the option of an L-shape awning or a large 5x7 meter awning with side panels. With regards to rust, all parts are electroplated and powder coated.
    The most important thing I think you should be considering when buying a trailer or caravan is nation wide support (Conqueror has got 15 branches including 1 in Botswana and 1 in Namibia) and how long the company has been around?
    I'm also a happy camper!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Bush mechanics
    By hbannink in forum The 4x4 Pub
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 2019/07/10, 06:21 AM
  2. Mudzilla Raffle (2) : Old Man Emu Suspension plus individual spot prizes
    By MW Meadowdale in forum General 4x4 Discussion
    Replies: 302
    Last Post: 2010/10/25, 10:32 AM
  3. Mudzilla Fund Raffle
    By MW Vaal in forum General 4x4 Discussion
    Replies: 228
    Last Post: 2010/10/18, 03:50 PM
  4. two spot lights vs. one spot light
    By LuigiV in forum General 4x4 Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2010/05/26, 08:57 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •