Cherokee Adding add-a-leaf only

Default Adding add-a-leaf only

Hi,
    My XJ is the platkar as well as overlander. With full load overlanding it sags a bit. OK - a lot

Now I have read all about lift kits and the like on the forum, and all the awesome things that can be done ... but alas, I am limited by funds , but still want to overland.

What is your feelings around 2" rear add-a-leaf and a set of new nitro shocks? No fancy lift kits and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankieF View Post
    Hi,
    My XJ is the platkar as well as overlander. With full load overlanding it sags a bit. OK - a lot
    Now I have read all about lift kits and the like on the forum, and all the awesome things that can be done ... but alas, I am limited by funds , but still want to overland.
    What is your feelings around 2" rear add-a-leaf and a set of new nitro shocks? No fancy lift kits and the like.
    Hi Frankie,

If the stock leaf pack is still in good condition then there should be no problem installing just an add-a-leaf. The kit not need to be too expensive.

We have a 2" Budget boost for the XJ which comes with front coil spacers, rear add a leaf and Nitro shocks. Full package is only R5900,00 incl vat.

Cheers
    Andrew

I think that my XJ that I've sold had a helper spring on the rear. I'm not sure that it helped because I never loaded it much. Might have helped a bit when towing as the never dropped even with the caravan hooked and it towed very stable. The shackles on mine wasnt nice though and rubbed the body. I posted a thread about this once.

Currently enjoying my new platkar: Alfa MiTo Quadrifoglio Verde - she's a beauty!
    JKU Rubicon Pentastar
    JKU CRD (sold)
    XJ 4liter (sold )