The best Amarok Canapy and detachable towbar - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Dankie, a

Wonder of mens dit sal kan koppel aan die lig wat die bakkie het vir die bak? Sal nogal nice wees... En dan sommer link met 'n paar LED's...
    Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD6 4x4 MT
    Bush Lapa Miskruier 586
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFS..._as=subscriber
    4x4 Competency - Unit Standard 254135

Quote Originally Posted by Bogaards View Post
    Dankie, a

Wonder of mens dit sal kan koppel aan die lig wat die bakkie het vir die bak? Sal nogal nice wees... En dan sommer link met 'n paar LED's...

My pa sin werk so, as jy daai liggie vir die bak aansit gaan die canopy s'n ook aan.

Almal kry die voorreg om onnosel te wees, net jammer party maak misbruik daarvan

Dis nice. Weet jy dalk waar hy dit laat opsit het?
    Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD6 4x4 MT
    Bush Lapa Miskruier 586
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFS..._as=subscriber
    4x4 Competency - Unit Standard 254135

Hy het dit in klerksdorp gekoop en laat opsit.

Sal probeer uitvind

Almal kry die voorreg om onnosel te wees, net jammer party maak misbruik daarvan

Quote Originally Posted by Bogaards View Post
    Here is a pic of the Beekman canopy:
    http://www.beekman.co.za/volkswagen.html

What is the quality like of the Beekman Canopy? How does it compare to the SA Canopy one?
    I bought the SA Canopy but I was not impressed with the workmanship I think it took them 3 tries to get it right and still they got it wrong, it was down hear in the Cape. They did even seal my load bay properly and the electrical work was shocking. To be honest I blame VW as well becuase they don't seem to care very much with the level of quality delivered by third party suppliers. I took it to the Beekman franchise in Paarl to do a proper job. Also something to watch out for with the SA Canopy is the rear window rubber that close on the load bay door, it took a nice line of paint off from all the vibrations.

I bought my towbar at VW Menlyn for R2400. I had it installed by them but this is no big deal for it bolt directly under the rear bumper with four bolts. The plug wiring also comes standard and the vehicle wiring already have the plug just to plug it in. Fitting takes less than 10 min. I opted for the African Outback Alu colourcoded canopy and it costed me R25000 fitted at Safari Centre. It is versitile and durable. I will not go for the Fibreglass units but it id totally up to you.
    Pieter Swart.
    2011 Amarok Bi Turbo 4 Motion
    Julle ouens wat dink julle weet alles maak ons ouens wat alles weet die donner in!!!
    Dis 'n manne ding! As Swambo saamgaan kos dit twee maal so veel en dis net die helfte so lekker!!!

Met die canopy op is die lig agter op die kajuit nog net so doeltreffend om die bak agterin te verlig.
    Pieter Swart.
    2011 Amarok Bi Turbo 4 Motion
    Julle ouens wat dink julle weet alles maak ons ouens wat alles weet die donner in!!!
    Dis 'n manne ding! As Swambo saamgaan kos dit twee maal so veel en dis net die helfte so lekker!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bothagj View Post
    I bought the SA Canopy but I was not impressed with the workmanship I think it took them 3 tries to get it right and still they got it wrong, it was down hear in the Cape. They did even seal my load bay properly and the electrical work was shocking. To be honest I blame VW as well becuase they don't seem to care very much with the level of quality delivered by third party suppliers. I took it to the Beekman franchise in Paarl to do a proper job. Also something to watch out for with the SA Canopy is the rear window rubber that close on the load bay door, it took a nice line of paint off from all the vibrations.
    I don't understand why you blame VW for a poor job done by SA Canopy. It is an aftermarket product. VW cannot control that . Beekman worked with VW and they had a special loom made up that plugs into the Amarok's wiring. No cutting of wires at all. Maybe next time do your research better before you buy. 8)

There's a guy in the cape that represents a UK outfit by the name of Pegasus (that's the canopy's brand name). Great looking canopies with side opening windows and two or thre styles, but I think they're over 20k. I have the info at work and will try to remeber to post tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz Modricky View Post
    There's a guy in the cape that represents a UK outfit by the name of Pegasus (that's the canopy's brand name). Great looking canopies with side opening windows and two or thre styles, but I think they're over 20k. I have the info at work and will try to remeber to post tomorrow.
    Heinz, you're right - this is a great canopy! You can see a demo on the Pegasus here.
    Bite off more than you can chew - then chew!

sorry posted in the incorrect place!
    Last edited by RangeRover; 2011/08/09 at 09:33 AM.
    Adriaan

Smile

Sa Canopy Centre mag nie die canopy se daklig op die agterste Baklig koppel nie. Wou dit nie vir my doen nie want blykbaar mag hulle nie intap op die hoofharnas nie. Sou baie handig gewees het.

Ek stem saam met Engel. Moet van die kante af kan inkom. Dis net meer prakties veral met fietsrak op. My Carryboy vervang ek nou met 4x4 Megaworld canopy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2