Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: diesel fuel

Default diesel fuel

at 18-30 on ignition tv channel 265 today is a discussion on the poor quality of fuel in SA and the effect on engines. i think it may highlight some interesting facts.

Land Rovers never die, they simply become organ donors!

Yip , you are right LL , they will highlight a few problems The BIG question is , will they fix it
    2004 Defender TD5
    1992 Defender 3.5V8
    PROJECT OVERHAUL http://4x4community.co.za/forum/show...oject+overhaul

Don't have DSTV and am at work... You will have to do a report for back for us
    David/Hillbilly - 1997 SFA Nissan Sani 2,7 TD - 5" lift on 33" tires - Dual Transfer with 4.1 gears

http://www.youtube.com/user/davidabcab

Quote Originally Posted by bfreesani View Post
    Don't have DSTV and am at work... You will have to do a report for back for us
    Hi guys

that is why I am using 2 stroke oil in our diesel engines, and WE DON'T HAVE ISSUES!!!!
    George Bosch
    2003 RangeRover Vogue 3.0 Td6 (Mine) / 2005 LR Disco3 TDV6 S (Swambo's) / 1998 Disco1 Tdi ES (Sold) / And some more serious stuff

Distributor for:
    DEFAProjectaSignature.png

Special offers for 4X4community forum members on CTEK! Send PM with your email address for details

Hi guys

that is why I am NOT using 2 stroke oil in our diesel engines, and WE DON'T HAVE ISSUES!!!!

Cheers

ZS5KAD - PROFFESIONAL DUMBASS
    3 Land Rover V8's
    NA - TwinTurbo - SuperCharged
    A V6 and an inline 4

If you fly or drive to an anti-Fracking meeting, you have no business being there and you wont get my ear......

I recorded the program and watched it, quite boring as with most of the local Iginition programs. Lots of talking about talks and no action, not all the role players was represent i.e. oil companies, government, the AA, RMI and NAAMSA.
    Regards

Wahahaha!!!

George never misses am opportunity

I'm not getting involved in this one..

Just going to put the popcorn on though

Not saying I am having issues, I work a restaurant and my lifestyle just does not include TV's and DSTV. I have been using 2Stroke for years now, also with no issues. In fact I was standing here with my diesel mechanic last night discussing if ti is wise to just go ahead and replace my injectors now at 105K km. They have seen nothing but 500ppm with a guestimate of 2 stroke when I fill (usually just R100 at a time). My van has been doing mostly town driving for the past few months with ice cold starts, 2 km to work and the same in the evening. I try to take the temp up to normal at least once a week.

Then two weeks ago I went to Cape Town. No prep or fancy work for the trip. Just got in and drove. She returned me around 10 to 10.6Km/l.

I have no issues besides that I wish I could get 2 stroke cheaper and in larger quantities.
    David/Hillbilly - 1997 SFA Nissan Sani 2,7 TD - 5" lift on 33" tires - Dual Transfer with 4.1 gears

I want to start using 2 stroke oil as suggested. Is there any of the advocates of this practice that will guarantee they will cover my engine costs if anything should fail due to the additive being used.
    Regards

Gees, three posts while typed mine....

Ja Apoc. This one has fairly much been beaten to death..... Lets rather discuss something like the influence of solar flares on world electronics end of 2012!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HeinrichC View Post
    I want to start using 2 stroke oil as suggested. Is there any of the advocates of this practice that will guarantee they will cover my engine costs if anything should fail due to the additive being used.
    All the info is here on the forum... Use it or don't.... Across the world people have told stories of how it works or how it did nothing for them, BUT nowhere have we seen that someone has said that they lost an engine while using 2 stroke....

Munch munch...

I'll post what fluffy is thinking...

Use it, don't use it, recount your stories, but unless you have the financial back up don't make any guarantees, and if you are going to make any claims, back it up and don't be reckless...

I PERSONALLY cannot see it seriously doing harm, nor have I noted any benefit- I have tried it. But that's me with my motor and my money.

All the info is here on the forum... Use it or don't.... Across the world people have told stories of how it works or how it did nothing for them, BUT nowhere have we seen that someone has said that they lost an engine while using 2 stroke....
    I'll rather not use it...
    Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Munch munch...

I'll post what fluffy is thinking...

Use it, don't use it, recount your stories, but unless you have the financial back up don't make any guarantees, and if you are going to make any claims, back it up and don't be reckless...

I PERSONALLY cannot see it seriously doing harm, nor have I noted any benefit- I have tried it. But that's me with my motor and my money.
    Damn, am I that transparent.
    Cheers

3 Land Rover V8's
    A V6 and an inline 4

If you fly or drive to an anti-Fracking meeting, you have no business being there and you wont get my ear......

I work a in restaurant and my lifestyle just does not include TV's and DSTV.
    Bfreesani, which restaurant?

I have no issues besides that I wish I could get 2 stroke cheaper and in larger quantities.
    I am looking into this (Fuchs; distributors of Wm Penn 2SO Jaso FC) & will advise if successfull...

Quote Originally Posted by HeinrichC View Post
    short and sweet.
    if you drive an oil burner and you add 2 stroke you burn oil!
    the 2SO is not trademarked or sold as a performance enhancer so no-one will benefit financially from advocating the use of it but there is not one article i hava read anywhere that even remotely warns about any potential damage done to ANY internal combustion engine anywhere.
    the flipside is improved lubrication, removal of carbon deposits and cleaning of injectors. lubrication to any metal parts in direct contact with diesel and reported improvements in smoothness and apparent increase in performance (although this is not the motivating feature).
    it is common that many garages especially cross border dope their diesel with paraffin. paraffin has significantly lower lubricity than diesel and the reduction of the lubricity of the diesel is substituted by the 2SO.
    do you need insurance on your car?
    no!
    wll insurance help in the event of damage to your car?
    yes
    do you need to use it?
    no
    will it help if you encounter poor fuel?
    yes

no one is giving any guarantees or forcing you to add anything you do not feel comfortable with but try it yourself for 5 tanks and decide for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Manny View Post
    Bfreesani, which restaurant?

I am looking into this (Fuchs; distributors of Wm Penn 2SO Jaso FC) & will advise if successfull...
    Bfreesani did not tell you he scores the old cooking oil and refines it in his garage to run his truck!

Once again I am having a good chuckle reading the various comments here hahahah

I doubt that there are many forum members out there who have driven themselves more than 1 Mio kilometres. I have done 3 and have been using 2sO since 1974. My personal record is a Golf 1 Diesel with 1'053'000km when traded in at Carcol Autoexecutive in Greenside for a W123 300DA in December 1998. The amazing thing was, that the diesel injector pump was re-calibrated at 500'000km but was NEVER REBUILT.

Well for me 2sO has worked for more than 3 million kilometres, and I have saved a small fortune in that time.

Last week I had to replace the vacuum pump on my 300Tdi. It was amazing how clean the engine is on the inside. Also oil degradation is much retarded by the concurrant use of 50ppm Sasol diesel and Sasol 2sO (Jaso-FC).

But everyone must decide for themselves. It might be worth your while doing some proper online research about the combustibility of 2sO. As 2sO burns much much cleaner than diesel fuel, this might get you to think.
    George Bosch
    2003 RangeRover Vogue 3.0 Td6 (Mine) / 2005 LR Disco3 TDV6 S (Swambo's) / 1998 Disco1 Tdi ES (Sold) / And some more serious stuff

Distributor for:
    DEFAProjectaSignature.png

Special offers for 4X4community forum members on CTEK! Send PM with your email address for details

Munch munch...

Mmmmm... I think a touch more salt...

Quote Originally Posted by Landyluvver View Post
    short and sweet.
    if you drive an oil burner and you add 2 stroke you burn oil!

So why bother then.?

the 2SO is not trademarked or sold as a performance enhancer so no-one will benefit financially from advocating the use of it but

there is not one article i hava read anywhere that even remotely warns about any potential damage done to ANY internal combustion engine anywhere.

Apart from one of my previous posts which I have duplicated below for convenience. I went to great lengths to contact as meny OEM's and fuel companies as possible. DOCUMENTED PROOF - This text is litteral UT and PASTE from the repondents E-Mail communications.

the flipside is improved lubrication, removal of carbon deposits and cleaning of injectors. lubrication to any metal parts in direct contact with diesel and reported improvements in smoothness and apparent increase in performance (although this is not the motivating feature).
    it is common that many garages especially cross border dope their diesel with paraffin. paraffin has significantly lower lubricity than diesel and the reduction of the lubricity of the diesel is substituted by the 2SO.
    do you need insurance on your car?
    no!
    wll insurance help in the event of damage to your car?
    yes
    do you need to use it?
    no
    will it help if you encounter poor fuel?
    yes

no one is giving any guarantees or forcing you to add anything you do not feel comfortable with but try it yourself for 5 tanks and decide for yourself.

COPY OF PAST POST

START

All telephonic responses as verbatim as possible.

Responses up until now.

VW Telephonic Response - 2010/10/25 13h32 -

VW Technical do not support or advise using 2 Stroke oil in their diesel cars.

Shell SA - Telephonic response - 2010/1022 - 12h00

In a nutshell - What a lot of hogwash - Don’t do it - 2 Stroke has a higher boiling point - will cause deposits on injectors - will wash away additives in the V-Power diesel that are meant to coat and lubricate injection system.

Shell have requested links to posts on forums for them to investigate and revert with answers. I have done so and am in contact with Shell expert and awaiting further response.

BP SA

Good day Sir

Please read comment from our technical team below.

Thanks & regards
    Denise

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Friday, October 22, 2010 12:00 PM
    To: October, Denise L; Cock, Peter B
    Subject: RE: 2 stroke oil in diesel

Never heard of it. Do exactly what the car's handbook/ manufacturer
    tells you.

Best Regards,

Cassim Dawood
    Technical Manager,
    BP Global Fuels Technology
    Parktown, Johannesburg,
    Tel: +27-(0)11- 488 5405
    Rightfax: +27-(0)11- 488 5920
    Mobile: +27- (0)72 440 4620
    E mail: [email protected]

ENGEN

Good day Keith Duffield;
    Thank for your enquiry to Engen; please be advised that Engen does not recommend the adding or spiking of fuels. Engen fuels are manufactured to the South African National Standard (SANS) and the Original Equipment Manufacture (OEM). The use of Two Stroke oil was used when people were using Paraffin for the use in there diesel driven vehicles. This is an illegal offence and it was being done to try and save cost. Although paraffin and diesel are very similar in there character and specification paraffin unfortunately does not have the lubrication properties of diesel and therefore the idea of adding two stroke oil came about. This is detrimental to the engine due to incorrect doses which causes chemical reactions which in turn are harmful to the engine. With regards to the low sulphur diesel, the latest diesel engines are designed to operate on this type of diesel, after treatment devices like “Diesel Particulate Filters” (DPF) are fitted to vehicles to reduce Greenhouse Gases. If two stroke oil is added to this mixture it will cause damage to the vehicles DPF which in turn is connected the vehicles Management System and therefore cause further damage.
    I hope this explanation is understandable and if there are any further questions please do not hesitate to contact Engen CSC Technical.

Regards;
    Mario Vester
    Technical Advisor
    Customer Service Centre
    Engen Petroleum (Pty) Ltd.
    PO Box
    Cape Town 8000
    Toll Free. 08000 36436 x3
    Fax. 0800 111002
    Email. [email protected]

CALTEX

Good day

This practice is something that's circulating on various internet motoring forums and blogs. It certainly isn't a recommendation that the OEM (Range Rover in this instance) would make. We would strongly advise against the enquirer doing this. The vehicle mentioned below is a late model one (possibly) requiring 50 ppm low sulphur diesel. Adding 2T oil to the fuel could contribute to fuel injector deposits, and if the vehicle is equipped with a diesel particulate filter and other exhaust after-treatment equipment, fouling could result. Furthermore, the vehicle warranty could be invalidated.

I trust this helps.

Kind regards
    Liana Pamplin
    Chevron S.A (Pty) Ltd
    0860 30 0860
    0860 39 0860
    [email protected]

TOYOTA

Initially unsatisfactory E-Mail response.

Telephonic response - 2010/10/27 - Why would you want to do that, if it causes a problem you will loose your warranty.

Land Rover SA
    Telephonic response - 2010/10/27 - We are aware of this trend on the internet. Definitely not recommended.

TOTAL

Telephonic response - 20/10/28 - Do not use 2 stroke in your fuel - It will leave deposits that may damage your engine.

END

OK, make up your owm minds.

For me,

Pre 2006 diesel engine, overlanding, 2 stroke YES.

Post 2007 diesel engine, under warrantee, driving in SA, using 50/500ppm fuel from reputable high volume retailers NO

---------------------------

Thought it would be nice to remind peeps.
    Cheers

3 Land Rover V8's
    A V6 and an inline 4

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast