Garmin Quest

Thread: Garmin Quest

Default Garmin Quest

Hi Guys

Anybody know how many maps I can load to my Quest? I would like to have the SA Street map, West and Norh Cape and Eastern Cape on but it only always loads two maps. Any ideas on how to overcome this?

Thanks

Morne,

Are you talking about the T4A maps in addition to SA SM Vers. 1?

If so, you probably have loaded them all on, the QuestSA has 243Mb available memory for maps, the SA Street Version 1 consumes about 85Mb, and T4A about half of that.

But you might only see SASMV1 & only ONE of the T4A if you look under "Map Info". But don't worry, they're all there!

-F_D
    Eric Skeen is the Family Dog
    White Fang:
    1999 2700i DC Raider 4x4
    Bull Dog: 1987 4Y-EFI 2200 DC 4x4
    Pra Dog: 1998 Prado VX 3.4 V6
    Hound Dog: 2000 2700i SC 4x4

Hi...

I know this is'nt the right place to post this, but I'm desp. looking for a Quest or even a 276c to buy (secondhand) before Eastern!!

Can anyone help?

My cell: 082-603-8080

Thanx!!!
    Disco II V8 GS Auto
    "Real men don't need lockers"

New QuestSA: @ R5600.00 Vat inclusive.
    Quest with bright sunlight-readable display with USB connection, built-in memory provides 243MB of map storage, includes flip-up GPS antenna, PC/USB cable, A/C charger, vehicle suction cup mount w/12V speaker and Garmap Southern Africa CD.

New GPSMAP276C: @ R5780.00 Vat inclusive.
    Handheld ColourMap Plotter with built-in International Basemap with automatic routing and turn by turn direction capability. Marine mount, USB PC interface cable, power/data cable owner's manual and quick reference guide. Trip and Waypoint Manager CD and AC adaptor included. (Memory Cartridge and Mapping CD not included) - See Autonav Kit

New AutoNav Kit: @ R3140.00 Vat inclusive.
    Auto Navigation Accessory Pack includes 128MB data card, MapSource European, Auto bracket, puck mount, friction mount and remote speaker -12V. BUNDLED WITH Garmap Southern Africa CD

But Avnic has a problem with getting deliveries out

No guarantee before Easter.

-F_D
    Last edited by Family_Dog; 2007/04/05 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Corrected Quest description!
    White Fang:
    1999 2700i DC Raider 4x4

Hi Family Dog

I have the same prob with my quest - when loading SA Streetmaps and the 2, maybe 3 T4A maps I'll need for a trip, on Map info I can only see SA Streetmaps and 1 T4A map. Are you sure theyre all there? Have to check later ... Another thing, whenever I add a map, it erases previous map sets. Does this mean everytime I wish to update, I need to copy ALL maps i want on the unit, and cannot add just one to the current set?

Cheers
    So much to see, so little time...

2000 Gen2.5 V6 Pajero

Quote Originally Posted by brennain View Post
    Hi Family Dog

I have the same prob with my quest - when loading SA Streetmaps and the 2, maybe 3 T4A maps I'll need for a trip, on Map info I can only see SA Streetmaps and 1 T4A map. Are you sure theyre all there? Have to check later ... Another thing, whenever I add a map, it erases previous map sets. Does this mean everytime I wish to update, I need to copy ALL maps i want on the unit, and cannot add just one to the current set?

Cheers
    Hi Brennain,

Yep, they will all be there! The T4A Maps are displayed as separate images which is why you will only see one, but all those that you originally selected will be there.

It's a hassle, but you will have to reload all the Mapsets simultaneously from Mapsource, as your original Mapsets will be over-written when uploading additional mapsets.

Remember to disable T4A (or the Garmin map) when you wish to use the alternate mapset. You can do this under "Map Info", simply remove the tick in the appropriate box.

-F_D
    White Fang:
    1999 2700i DC Raider 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofseun View Post
    Hi...

I know this is'nt the right place to post this, but I'm desp. looking for a Quest or even a 276c to buy (secondhand) before Eastern!!

Can anyone help?

My cell: 082-603-8080

Thanx!!!
    Get you're self the Garmin Streetpilot 2610 at HiFi Corporation. it is sold for R2499. Two of my buddies got it last week. Runs Streetmap v1 and t4a with no problems. Very nice unit and price. Thinking of getting one 2.
    2012 Jeep Rubicon Call of Duty MW3
    Synergy 3" lift
    Metal Cloack Gamechanger Arms
    Fox 2.0
    Project4WD Bumpers
    DirtyLife Beadlocks
    37" Mickey Thompson MTZ P3

Reynard, I am under the impression that the Streetpilot can not do track logging, so it won't be the ideal tool for the off-roader. It sounds like good value if you only need an on-road navigating GPS.

HiFi Corp also had the Quest for quite a good price the last time I looked (think it was R5200 or thereabouts).
    Gerrit Loubser
    Richards Bay

From time-to-time Makro has specials on their Quests, bought mine there mid March for R4999 including all standard ancillaries.
    You can follow.....but it's gonna hurt, even more!<br>FJ Desert Cruiser<br>Patrol 4.5<br>Stock standard....for now...

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrit Loubser View Post
    Reynard, I am under the impression that the Streetpilot can not do track logging, so it won't be the ideal tool for the off-roader. It sounds like good value if you only need an on-road navigating GPS.

HiFi Corp also had the Quest for quite a good price the last time I looked (think it was R5200 or thereabouts).
    Gerrit thanks for the headsup. I'm going to buy the guy's Garmin V for track logging T4A. I don't need anything zoom-zoom.
    2012 Jeep Rubicon Call of Duty MW3
    Synergy 3" lift
    Metal Cloack Gamechanger Arms
    Fox 2.0
    Project4WD Bumpers
    DirtyLife Beadlocks
    37" Mickey Thompson MTZ P3