Default Campsite Malelane and Komatipoort

All you people lucky enough to visit these areas regularly. Please check out the caravan park as indicated on some maps in Malelane and one in Komatipoort called Komati Caravan park. Their were some previous requests on the forum for info on camping sites close to kruger, but no real responce to that.
    Cant get place in the Park over a weekend in August due to a holiday on the Thuesday so have to stay close outside the park. Appreciate some spying for me on this places. Any other camping suggestions are wellcome, like Onderberg also close to Malelane, but have no more info on the place.

Please just avoid the komatie caravan park. There has been some incidents on theft. Just is not safe. I am in Komatie poort at the moment. Will try end see others
    Corne

Just stayed at Marloth Park caravan park next to kruger. R112 per night.
    2012 Jeep Rubicon Call of Duty MW3
    Synergy 3" lift
    Metal Cloack Gamechanger Arms
    Fox 2.0
    Project4WD Bumpers
    DirtyLife Beadlocks
    37" Mickey Thompson MTZ P3

Malelane camp in Kruger has some camp sites so does Crocodilebridge camp. Have you tried Parks Parks board for one of those camps?
    Andre van Rensburg<br>Swambos baby V6 Pajero shorty<br>My overland vehicle "Datsun" 3.3l v6 hardbody d/cab.<br>Play vehicle Sizuki SJ413. Mods: Toyota 2c Diesel engin and 5 speed gearbox, 50mm lift<br>Love the bush, overlanding and crazy about animals.

As I have said:the Park is full, tjock and block. Nowhere South is space. Did not realize that Marloth Park have some camping. So I will avoid Komati.
    Thanks Madota, you will many of us "late reservationists" a favour to check that places out. Appreciate the efforts. Have a cold one on me.

Did go to Marloth Park camping site and it looks great, shaded campsites Iwill go camp there next time
    Corne

There is more than one caravan park inside marloth
    '15 Honda CR-V Comfort Auto
    '05 Honda CR-V RVSI Auto AWD

Try 'Oppi-PLaas'. Was in that area 4 weeks ago and saw the sign just before Komatipoort; tel number 0780029668.

Yes, I was about to suggest Oppiplaas. The turn-off is to the north off the N4, it is +- 300 m to the west of the Sasol garage at the Komatipoort turn-off. The signboard is +- 70 metres from the N4 and one sees it quite late.

We enjoyed our stay at Marloth, toilets was clean, good game viewing from the campsite and even had Zebra at night "moving" the lawn.
    2012 Jeep Rubicon Call of Duty MW3
    Synergy 3" lift
    Metal Cloack Gamechanger Arms
    Fox 2.0
    Project4WD Bumpers
    DirtyLife Beadlocks
    37" Mickey Thompson MTZ P3

are there any nice places nearer to nelspruit and ngodwana to use as a stop over from knp on the way back to standerton as we want to leave after lunch from berg en dal camp on saturday 3sept. any of the guys around komati/malelane on orra or other vhf freq's/ham's. i will be in the area from 28 august to 3 sept. sleep at lion and leopard on 28aug

Koekies Koekemoer Stdton MP
    2004 Kia Sorento 3.5 V6 A/T
    '98 Colt Rodeo DC 4x4 V6 ;tnt branches;cooper STT'sastek Unichip;
    Suzuki LTZ 400 '05
    Craig 27Mhz SSB;
    Kirisun VHF
    ORRA ( B61 )
    ZS6CK

Thumbs up

You can stay at Alkmaar Farmstay, between Nelspruit and Ngodwana (Johan Sippel 083 449 8701 -013 7333029) R100 to camp. Very nice place
    2005 Toyota Hilux V6 4x4

Been to the campsites in Komatipoort during my stay in August. The Oppiplaas site did not appeal to me. Nice shade and green grass, but a strong smell of diesel in the air, bar with some "friends" that did not look that kosher to me, ablutions about 2 star quality. Price R230.
    Opted for Marloth Park, but the Municipal site is closed for renovations. Will open in end September. Looked very nice with lots of grass next to the river.
    The second one is just next to one of the shopping centres, Marloth Safari Park. Small, only about 6 sites with private ablutions and kitchen per site. Price R240. Sites are very small. Regular visitors were, lion roars at night, zebras, duiker, monkeys that raid regularly and Phumba paying a visit. Can be nice if your neighbours behave, unlike the neighbours we had with noisy 5 children under 8 years.

Default Re: Campsite Malelane and Komatipoort

Any update on this please...

Where to camp in Komatipoort or malelane? or marloth?

Quote Originally Posted by koosoos View Post
    All you people lucky enough to visit these areas regularly. Please check out the caravan park as indicated on some maps in Malelane and one in Komatipoort called Komati Caravan park. Their were some previous requests on the forum for info on camping sites close to kruger, but no real responce to that.
    Cant get place in the Park over a weekend in August due to a holiday on the Thuesday so have to stay close outside the park. Appreciate some spying for me on this places. Any other camping suggestions are wellcome, like Onderberg also close to Malelane, but have no more info on the place.
    Try Numbi Caravan Park in Hazyview which is 12km from Phabeni Gate, 16km from Numbi Gate. 24 hour security, water, electrcity and a braai on each demarcated stand. Stands are under indigeous trees and grass. Beautiful private bathrooms

Are you sure about the private bathrooms?

The websites does not mention it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisPH View Post
    Are you sure about the private bathrooms?

The websites does not mention it.
    Have a look at www.jackalberryridge.info. They have 3 very nice campsites. It is in marloth park, next to lionspruit. We camped there earlier this year. Name:  74ED9A7C-6D20-4703-8BA7-A4958C3BF4FA.jpg
Views: 874
Size:  63.2 KB
    Each campsite has its own splashpool, bathrooms and kuier area.