nav4all is also a free tool worth looking at.

JeepOnly Guest

Default nav4all is also a free tool worth looking at.

Engel mentioned recently that he uses nav4all, and I wish I spotted his post earlier, as it seems to be another great Free mapping tool and also worth looking at.

http://www.nav4all.co.uk

Hi JeepOnly,

Unfortunately (for me) Nav4All currently doesn't support the iMate phones (I assume it currently only runs on Symbian and not on Windows Mobile).

Will keep an eye on it though

Cheers

Johann

JeepOnly Guest

Default i-mate

Hi Johann

Are you sure about this. I just went to the nav4all site and clicked on "installation" then it opens a list for all the makes, and when I clicked on i-mate, it opened a new list showing 16 i-mate models that are supposed to be supported by nav4all.

I have not tried downloading it as yet, as it is still unclear to me if it actually downloads the SA maps to my phone, or whether it will log onto the Net and browse online maps , and as my 3G bundle was used up last night, I need to slow down a little ! ! ! until the new month comes around

Quote Originally Posted by JeepOnly View Post
    Hi Johann

Are you sure about this. I just went to the nav4all site and clicked on "installation" then it opens a list for all the makes, and when I clicked on i-mate, it opened a new list showing 16 i-mate models that are supposed to be supported by nav4all.
    If you select imate SP5 as the phone the next page says "Soon available" and you cannot do anything except select another phone.

I'll wait for the "Sonn available" to become "Now available"

Thanks

Johann

A word of warning!
    When you install the audio, it plays an introduction (loudly).
    Vic

"We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner!"

2019 Suzuki Jimny - 235/75R15 M/T's, lifted
    EX 2012 Suzuki Jimny 1.5 - 215R15C's, Steel undies, lifted and locked. - CRASHED
    EX 1984 Suzuki SJ410 - 245/75R15 Muddies, Nissan A15 Motor, OME's - SOLD
    EX 2008 Suzuki Jimny - 215R15C's, Mounty's Rock Sliders, tow-bar
    EX 1996 Jeep Cherokee XJ OME's 30x9.5 A/Ts

Guys

I do not know anything about GPSes so I need some guidance here. I see on this website they have the software for my phone ( Sony Ericcsons W810i). The Blueteeth GPS module that they talk about, is it a generic thing or is it phone specific and if generic How much R ?,?? and where is the best place to buy one?

JeepOnly Guest

Default Free stuff.

Hi Bennie,
    Any GPS reader that is Bluetooth compatible will work, and you should be paying in the region of R900.00 to R1200,00 in SA, but if patient and want to import you can get them for around R650 upwards. (Look at something like the Holux GPS Slim236 )

Having played a little with both of the free versions we have been talking about in these recent posts I actually prefer the Smart2Go over the Nav4All system. My main and only reason is really only because with Smart2Go you actualy download the South African map to your phone as well as the software, so you need to log into a Server much less, as with Nav4All you only download enough software to allow you to log onto the Nav4All server, so you are much more dependant on being able to log onto the Web.

http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...ead.php?t=8077

Holux for R700

Quote Originally Posted by benhur View Post
    Guys

I do not know anything about GPSes so I need some guidance here. I see on this website they have the software for my phone ( Sony Ericcsons W810i). The Blueteeth GPS module that they talk about, is it a generic thing or is it phone specific and if generic How much R ?,?? and where is the best place to buy one?

JeepOnly Guest

Default GPS receivers

Also found these GPS receivers with Bluetooth from a SA Distributor:

1. Navi - B at only R475,00
    2. Navi - B-H at only R624,00

Products and contact details link below:

http://www.falcom.co.za/pages/564545...S-Receiver.asp

It seems that I also have to wait for update version of the nav4all. Were can I get hold of the smart2go program

JeepOnly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ElsCorp View Post
    It seems that I also have to wait for update version of the nav4all. Were can I get hold of the smart2go program
    You will find it here: http://www.smart2go.com/

Thanks jeeponly