Would you believe this????

Big Hilux Guest

Red face Would you believe this????

Yeah my wife says to me that I am wasting money on my old Nissan king cab 4x4 bakkie, this past few days since Friday last week, I have fitted new upper and lower main ball joints, they are the type that are made by Spirex, I then swopped out the old front side shafts, the inner and outer CV joint boots have been bust for a few years, I have only used it in the 4x4 mode when I have had to, thus dirt and grime has got into the CV's but I am sure not much damage has been done in there.

In fact if any has been done it is not too much of a problem, I still have another three pairs of these side shafts stored safely in the one 6 m shipping container, in this container I store all the spares that I have for the Nissan, consisting of two transfer cases, a complete Z22 engine, gearbox, two rear axles, three front diffs, springs, doors, glass and lots more. A person never knows when this stuff might be useful, because yesterday I took the bakkie to Supa Quick to have the wheel alignment checked and they told me that the idler arm and pitman arms are worn, thus I scratched around and found three complete steering systems for the bakkie, out of these three they managed to find the best and rebulit the steering system.

I then fitted a full set of tyres and nice Hilux white rims to the bakkie, they are 215 x 15" tyres, they came off one of the other Hilux's that we have lying around that we do not use.

Thus next on the list is to sort out the rear tail lights, want to fit some of those truck lites.

But will do nothing to the body work, the poor state of the body work keeps the thieves away, when they see the condition of the body work with all the paint that is peeling off they keep away, maybe they think it is owned by one of their brothers.

But hey my wife says I am wasting money//

Actually it's quite easy. Give her the Nissan as a present. Tell her she can do kerb crawling etc as she like with it.
    Next, explain that you would like to make sure it is safe and comfortable and real zooty. Therefore you can justify any money spent on the Nissan and solve all problems. First make sure the other car is quite unreliable!
    Toyota Hilux D4D SR5
    ZS6YR/VK4JHE

Thats why I traded Charmaine's golf in on the Lux, now every sent is spent on "her" vehicle

Talking

BENNIE you have just given be an exellent idea you are a star

There's a downside to that. I initially bought the Colt for Marja. Now she bitches everytime I take it in the bos. "That bakkie is going to get f*cked up just like the other one"
    * "Wat Spike probeer sÍ in sy min woorde" -Die Skim "
    .................................................. .....

You can't win all your battles, just make sure you win the war