Self drive through Moremi, Savute & Chobe

Default Self drive through Moremi, Savute & Chobe

Hi

I am planning a self drive expedition through Botswana. I was wondering if anyone can provide a bit of info in regards to driving through the Okavango Delta; Moremi, Savute & Chobe. We will be 100% mobile, so I need some advice about camping in these areas. I need some info on where to camp in these areas, what fees and permits has to be paid on top of the camping fees? Will be entering the Delta from Maun, drive through all the way to Chobe and then to the Vic Falls.

Any advice will be much appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Broy, welcome to the forum.

Firstly, you don't say when you are planning to go, and that makes a big difference. Secondly, you don't say what you are driving, and whether you are towing.

There is lots and lots on this classic area in the Botswana section of the forum, (you have posted in the 4x4 trails section) and I suggest you spend a few hours in there reading all the similar posts from the last 12 months or so. But before you do any of that, there very first thing you should do is get yourself a couple of decent paper maps of the area, and the Bradt Guide to Botswana. Planning without maps is impossible.

How can I tell you don't have maps?......You fall into the same trap as hundreds of others, that of considering Savute and Chobe as two different places, when in fact Savute is part of Chobe. Additionally, the maps show all the campsites, and there isn't much choice.

So, do a bit of reading and come back with your outstanding queries (in the Botswana section)......there'll be plenty of help available.

Cheers

Mike
    "A poxy, feral, Brit architect who drinks bad beer and supports the wrong rugby team." Tony Weaver

"Mike for President" Freeflyd