Default TD 5 defender 130

Hi guys just to update you on the Td 5 Defender.
    Well bought mine last year July he is a old 2003 model.All i did to him was a Major service and had the Steering box overalled .Then December Last year i hit the road ,up to Europa.
    The Defender was fully loaded,mean loaded.

At Unity Bridge we hit a major down pour ,it was so bad that on the road when you try to walk on the road your feet just slip out from under you..For those that have driven that road will now that bushes around it is there for winching because we had to drag the defender with the winch to the border post.
    Some places water washes into the defender thru the front vents it was bad i thought it is the end but ..Not in this live.

We arived in Nairobi 15 days later with no ill effects to the TD5..Then we went to South Sudan ..Ever heard of Hocochocy road..Marsabit road is a piece of cake..Again the Defender showed that he is the best 4 x4 ever..
    South Sudan is not a kind place..so had to turn back..Picked up the following problems steering box leak and as normal tranfer case leaking..
    Well Landy Luvver said fill up and drive well i did ..have toured all of Europa still going strong..

So who ever said a TD 5 cant do Africa..he he sorry Sir ..it can I have put diesel in that was black ..even the Defender tried to move away ..never a miss..Well again Thanks Landy Luvver 2 stroke oil..every tank i ad 500 ml oil..Done 24000 km

Size of the 130 hmm you get use to it..Driven it in Italy old Cities..no problem,Use Defender as a fighter plane in Rome ..he can.
    Driving of a low bed truck the back tow bar catch but rev him up and it take you off

So far i take my hat of for the TD 5 moter..only time he let me down was in Desert got stuck in the sand ..but it was my fault.
    Oh and in the morning give him 5 minutes to warm up from minus temprature

Only advice i have dont let any one work on your defender,,do it your self all the help and advice is on the forum.

Ok any idea were i can find spares in Europa ,,not many landys..hmm people here must be poor !! they miss out on the best 4x4 by far!!

Landy Luvver help!!

Awesome! You should do a proper trip report with photos for us (Or do you have a blog / website?)

I also love my TD5. Would love to do a trip to Europe within the next couple of years!
    Range Rover Big Body 5.0 V8 Supercharged
    Land Rover Defender 110 CSW Puma
    Land Rover Defender 110 V8 Game viewer
    Land Rover Defender 100 PU V8
    Land Rover Freelander II SD4
    Jaguar XJS V12

I can see it has given no problems as you call the Landy "He". If it does give you problems you will start to call it "She"

Nice feedback on your trip and yes, Landies can get to Europe, and Asia and other places as well.

How many Landies did you see on your travels?
    Estee = S T = Sean Towlson

Total 4x4 Novice with no experience whats-so-ever

''Nothing makes the Earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes''. H.D. Thoreau.

Hummer H3 V8

W.A.P Objectivist

Quote Originally Posted by slayor View Post
    Hi guys just to update you on the Td 5 Defender.
    Well bought mine last year July he is a old 2003 model.All i did to him was a Major service and had the Steering box overalled .Then December Last year i hit the road ,up to Europa.
    The Defender was fully loaded,mean loaded.

At Unity Bridge we hit a major down pour ,it was so bad that on the road when you try to walk on the road your feet just slip out from under you..For those that have driven that road will now that bushes around it is there for winching because we had to drag the defender with the winch to the border post.
    Some places water washes into the defender thru the front vents it was bad i thought it is the end but ..Not in this live.

We arived in Nairobi 15 days later with no ill effects to the TD5..Then we went to South Sudan ..Ever heard of Hocochocy road..Marsabit road is a piece of cake..Again the Defender showed that he is the best 4 x4 ever..
    South Sudan is not a kind place..so had to turn back..Picked up the following problems steering box leak and as normal tranfer case leaking..
    Well Landy Luvver said fill up and drive well i did ..have toured all of Europa still going strong.. what oil did you eventually use in the power steering?

So who ever said a TD 5 cant do Africa..he he sorry Sir ..it can I have put diesel in that was black ..even the Defender tried to move away ..never a miss..Well again Thanks Landy Luvver 2 stroke oil..every tank i ad 500 ml oil..Done 24000 km cheap insurance.

Size of the 130 hmm you get use to it..Driven it in Italy old Cities..no problem,Use Defender as a fighter plane in Rome ..he can.
    Driving of a low bed truck the back tow bar catch but rev him up and it take you off

So far i take my hat of for the TD 5 moter..only time he let me down was in Desert got stuck in the sand ..but it was my fault.
    Oh and in the morning give him 5 minutes to warm up from minus temprature

Only advice i have dont let any one work on your defender,,do it your self all the help and advice is on the forum.

Ok any idea were i can find spares in Europa ,,not many landys..hmm people here must be poor !! they miss out on the best 4x4 by far!!

Landy Luvver help!!
    where in Europe?
    sure they can courier from Rimmer bros or one of the other sites like Land-rover-parts-shop.com in the Uk to where-ever you are.
    they normally have a Visa or mastercard facility.
    they may even be able to direct you to a LR parts place wher you are unless you are in a 3rd world country like Bulgaria, romania or Uzbekistan?

Land Rovers never die, they simply become organ donors!

Hi Guys.I had a Puma before she ..Lillie I think the problem is a person think a Landy give problems ..hmm i found out on this trip ..they just a bit spitefull..there is mornings they make weired noises ,no power ,leak..just ignore it and whalla they keep on going..
    Landys are scares ,have seen Souties with a few ,,TDi but they were bitching..but if you have a close look they hire this Landies in britian then drive the crap out of them..well even the cruisers will not handle the abuse they go thru.
    Cruisers are full up in africa..UN is to blame for it..i think the give them to the locals as bribes..millions around..but yes they break ..just cruiser fans dont talk about it..

So far in Europa seen about 5 Landies ,,scary hey but all were in good nick and a person can see lot of love put into them.

As for the Agents here they are double up with Jaguar..dont really carry spares..battle to get a sentrifugal filter..

Those that want to do a trip..dont put it of till you old like me..really just leave landy will take you ..with the price of a plane ticket ..you will dine in France with me..and have cash over..