There are LIONS in our camp - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: There are LIONS in our camp

Quote Originally Posted by gjs View Post
    This happened quite a few years ago, around 2011. They were aware of the lions when the pic was taken. The lions were around the camp the whole time of their visit. The group of guys that were there, including the gent in the pic, are all very successful professionals, and also very experienced campers and bird watchers.
    And the lions know that they are "professionals" and not to do anything unexpected around them (or to them)...

Absolutely crazy behaving like that around wild animals even if you are a professional, even in 2011! What qualification allows you to take wild animals for granted?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2015 Discovery 4 SDV6 *** 2015 Conqueror Companion
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FatHuey For This Useful Post:

Smile Re: There are LIONS in our camp

Leeus in die kamo in Bots se widtuine is nie ongewoon nie. Het by Luiperdkamp in Sentraal Kalahari gekamp in `n grondtent. Net ek en Swambu. Die aand by die vuur `n potjie gebou, ge eet en die pot langs die kampvuur gelos. Die hele aand en hele nag het die leeus in die verte gebrul. Baie idilies en pure Afrika!!!.
    Toe ons die volgend oggend opstaan, sien ons vars leeuspore reg agter teen ons tent, waar ons geslaap het! Ons spring in die bakkie en het skaars ons kampplek verlaat, toe kry ons hulle: twee wyfies wat rustig onder `n boom lê.
    Vir die res van die tyd daar het ons maar in die bakkie geslaap!

Afrika op sy beste!!!
    Alit

Wees altyd bedagsaam teenoor ander.

Quote Originally Posted by 50something View Post
    That's what I love about bush camping - always something special to talk about afterwards!!!!
    I just hope this was not a doctored photo though.

I can assure you that these two lion encounters in our camp are not doctored and happened in March 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGFm_1_lS9E

Mpaya campsite number two, Kgalagadi NP Botswana.We had a wonderful wake-up call the 10th off March 2020 at campsite number two.A lioness entered the site and started to roar in the direction of the pan, what a beautiful place with so many intense animal encounters.A few days later at Rooiputs in the morning, we had an encounter with a male lion in our camp, truly amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5RQ_VDd_wY

Male Lion in our camp Kgalagadi NP Rooiputs camp 3When I came out of my tent I found a beautiful cape fox in our A-frame, I followed him with my torch, thanks to this cape fox, I found a male lion in our camp under a tree, luckily he was as shocked as I was and the lion decided to walk away.Amazing moments in Kgalagadi NP

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jpseekles For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jpseekles View Post
    I can assure you that these two lion encounters in our camp are not doctored and happened in March 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGFm_1_lS9E

Mpaya campsite number two, Kgalagadi NP Botswana.We had a wonderful wake-up call the 10th off March 2020 at campsite number two.A lioness entered the site and started to roar in the direction of the pan, what a beautiful place with so many intense animal encounters.A few days later at Rooiputs in the morning, we had an encounter with a male lion in our camp, truly amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5RQ_VDd_wY

Male Lion in our camp Kgalagadi NP Rooiputs camp 3When I came out of my tent I found a beautiful cape fox in our A-frame, I followed him with my torch, thanks to this cape fox, I found a male lion in our camp under a tree, luckily he was as shocked as I was and the lion decided to walk away.Amazing moments in Kgalagadi NP

That is a bright torch, what make and model is it?

Quote Originally Posted by neilw View Post
    That is a bright torch, what make and model is it?

Olight M3XS-UT Javelot Rechargeable Kit

255g, 1200 Lumens, 250,000cd: The M3XS-UT features a large diameter reflector with a dedomed CREE XP-L LED and produces 1200 lumens with a max beam distance of 1000m. The torch has three brightness levels ranging from 3 to 1200 lumens plus a strobe mode. This kit from Olight includes 2 x 18650 batteries and a charger all in a hard carry case. Genuine ANSI 1000m beam

As Jeremy Clarkson would say, "Now there's pooh, lots of pooh, its everywhere" lol
    2015 Toyota Fortuner 3lD 4x4 Stick Shift

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3