The Meadows 4x4 trail at Elands river





Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Port Elizabeth
    Posts
    363
    Thanked: 3

    Talking The Meadows 4x4 trail at Elands river

    Hi Everyone, well more the EC guys

    I am thinking of going on a day trip and take along a few church buddies of mine that has not been on a 4x4 trail before. I live in PE

    I am thinking of the Meadows 4x4 trail. If memory serves me right it was opened towards end of last year in the Elands river valley near were Uitenhage are. I'd like to ring them up and find out more about the place etc. I recall Bay Fm did some advertisement for them a while back for a family day there towards end of last year.

    Can some one give me their contact info please?

    Maybe those who has done it can give me some info if you all don't mind
    How does it comparte with Gonja 4x4 near Patensie, Maitland Mines 4x4 and Bedrogfontein 4x4 trail. I've done all those and they are nice but not extreme and we will most likely go in one vehicle - Izusu 4x4 with 50mm lift and BFG MT's

    Thank you


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Port Elizabeth
    Age
    42
    Posts
    6,396
    Thanked: 61

    Default

    I've got the number somewhere, I'm just not home right now.

    I haven't been there, but I will go there soon. My friends who've done it, say it not too hectic, but probably a bit more challenging than the above mentioned trails, which are 3 of the easier trails in our area.

    P.S. Your Isuzu with the lift and M/T's should be more than fine there.
    Last edited by Barto; 2011/02/13 at 12:17 AM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Port Elizabeth
    Posts
    363
    Thanked: 3

    Default

    Hi Zantus,

    Thanks for the info, would be gratefull to get the number from you.

    You say a bit more challenging . . . like the sound of that.

    Thank you

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Port Elizabeth
    Age
    42
    Posts
    6,396
    Thanked: 61

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Port Elizabeth
    Posts
    363
    Thanked: 3

    Default

    Shot, Dankie baie

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Port Elizabeth
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,011
    Thanked: 144

    Default

    Will my mates 4x2 fortuna make it through there?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Port Elizabeth
    Age
    36
    Posts
    5,704
    Thanked: 1525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tintin_85 View Post
    Will my mates 4x2 fortuna make it through there?
    There are areas where it will battle. But most of the tracks have escape points.
    Sent from my iPhone


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Stilfontein
    Posts
    7,350
    Thanked: 617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tintin_85 View Post
    Will my mates 4x2 fortuna make it through there?
    No it will not make it, there are a number of places it will struggle badly, even on the escape route.

    Tell your friend to go here while you do the trail;

    https://baywestmall.co.za/home/

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Port Elizabeth
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,011
    Thanked: 144

    Default

    hahahaha thanks for the late reply guys. I've been there now and love the place! (I found new friends that actually have 4x4's )

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Stilfontein
    Posts
    7,350
    Thanked: 617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tintin_85 View Post
    hahahaha thanks for the late reply guys. I've been there now and love the place! (I found new friends that actually have 4x4's )
    Was hoping you would respond Meadows is my favourite "family" trail, not difficult, great facilities and very friendly owners.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Port Elizabeth
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,011
    Thanked: 144

    Default

    lol I went with a few colleagues from Conti...will definitely go there again and again! I would like to go when there is more water in the river

    Here is my vid from when I went there
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4FZxXR0CA8

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Stilfontein
    Posts
    7,350
    Thanked: 617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tintin_85 View Post
    lol I went with a few colleagues from Conti...will definitely go there again and again! I would like to go when there is more water in the river Here is my vid from when I went there https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4FZxXR0CA8
    Very nice video indeed! What video editing software do you use?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Port Elizabeth
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,011
    Thanked: 144

    Default

    I generally use iMovie, but used Final Cut Pro (both Apple products) for the "Kougakliphuis" video and quite liked it. It has loads more functionality and is easier to time certain sequences.

    I used GoPro Studio (free and also available on Windows) for the first time with my "Deep Water" video and it's quite good for something that's free

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Stilfontein
    Posts
    7,350
    Thanked: 617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tintin_85 View Post
    I generally use iMovie, but used Final Cut Pro (both Apple products) for the "Kougakliphuis" video and quite liked it. It has loads more functionality and is easier to time certain sequences. I used GoPro Studio (free and also available on Windows) for the first time with my "Deep Water" video and it's quite good for something that's free
    The resolution of your video is great, mine is dull and not great at all. I use DivX

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Port Elizabeth
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,011
    Thanked: 144

    Default

    Oh ok, you must try GoPro studio. It's really not bad for something that's free the cameras I use are my iPhone 5S and a GoPro Hero 2. All my YouTube videos are 720p but I record at 1080p and 30fps. I don't try sharpen or enhance any of the videos or anything like that

    What camera are you using?

    Thanks for subscribing

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Stilfontein
    Posts
    7,350
    Thanked: 617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tintin_85 View Post
    Oh ok, you must try GoPro studio. It's really not bad for something that's free the cameras I use are my iPhone 5S and a GoPro Hero 2. All my YouTube videos are 720p but I record at 1080p and 30fps. I don't try sharpen or enhance any of the videos or anything like that What camera are you using? Thanks for subscribing
    GoPro Hero3 Black Edition. I also record at 1080p and 30fps and compile the output at 720p but seems DivX might be my problem.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Port Elizabeth
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,011
    Thanked: 144

    Default

    Yip, maybe it drops the bitrate or something? That was another nice feature of Final Cut Pro, you could change how the video is encoded before exporting it

    Just buy a Mac and then your problems will be solved

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Stilfontein
    Posts
    7,350
    Thanked: 617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tintin_85 View Post
    Yip, maybe it drops the bitrate or something? That was another nice feature of Final Cut Pro, you could change how the video is encoded before exporting it Just buy a Mac and then your problems will be solved
    Yea!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Port Elizabeth
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,011
    Thanked: 144

    Default

    I had a look at some of your videos and see what you mean...try the GoPro Studio software the clarity should be better

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Stilfontein
    Posts
    7,350
    Thanked: 617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tintin_85 View Post
    I had a look at some of your videos and see what you mean...try the GoPro Studio software the clarity should be better
    Going to do that this weekend

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Females
    By 4x4 in forum General 4x4 Discussion
    Replies: 146
    Last Post: 2013/09/04, 03:30 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2009/09/25, 07:59 PM
  3. Anysberg 4x4 Eco Trail.
    By Philip Scott in forum Western Cape
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2008/03/26, 08:57 PM
  4. The Hangklip Mountain 4x4 Trail Queenstown
    By Big Hilux in forum Calender & Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2008/01/14, 09:35 PM
  5. Search Engines
    By benhur in forum General 4x4 Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2006/09/14, 09:42 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •