Berakah Rhino Challenge - Page 7





Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 210
  1. #121
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bergbron, Roodepoort
    Age
    52
    Posts
    7,059
    Thanked: 207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rechardt View Post
    Drove up there with a stock standard Colt Rodeo about 5 years ago..
    Definetly not for sissies...and Im sure with all the erosion its much worst now.
    Waar is die proof?

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Springs
    Age
    55
    Posts
    800
    Thanked: 2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sakkie View Post
    I stood next to a '99 4.6HSE Range Rover on top of Rhino....

    That was before it was fenced in.
    Dankie oubaas, en ek het ook gese dat ek dit nooit weer sal doen nie, maar my arms is mos uit rubber gemaak.
    Willie van Rooyen
    Probeer is die beste geweer!!

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Springs
    Age
    55
    Posts
    800
    Thanked: 2

    Default

    Wat is die gevoel onder die manne, sal n 2 deur JK dit maak??
    Willie van Rooyen
    Probeer is die beste geweer!!

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sasolburg
    Age
    55
    Posts
    564
    Thanked: 12

    Default

    Okokok, all jokes aside. I agree, this is definitely not a "dare thing". I don't want to see anyone damage their vehicles on the day and secondly definitely don't want to see anyone injured.

    There will be plenty space for spectators, but keep in mind that we create safety zones around the trial and spectators are not allowed within those areas. As can be guessed, these are the areas where vehicles are likely to go in the unfortunate event of a roll-over.

    The Rhino Challenge changed a lot over the years due to weather conditions so it is not a given that anyone will necessarily make it up if he had made it previously.

    When Derik Espag descended in his SWB Rubicon there were a few moments when I was convinced that the Rubi was going to do a heels over head role-over.

    The reason for planning this only in May is so that there is a reduced chance for rain. As can be imagined, any rain on the day is likely to cancel the event automatically.
    DesertLeon

    Just fascinated by trains, planes and automobiles....

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sasolburg
    Age
    55
    Posts
    564
    Thanked: 12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sampie View Post
    Wat is die gevoel onder die manne, sal n 2 deur JK dit maak??
    Solank daar ten minste a 2 duim suspensie lift is en lockers voor en agter, Sampie. Bande speel ook 'n rol hier, dus sal gewone grootte standaard pad bande ook probleme skep.
    Last edited by DesertLeon; 2014/02/12 at 06:36 PM. Reason: spelling
    DesertLeon

    Just fascinated by trains, planes and automobiles....

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Roodepoort
    Age
    57
    Posts
    16,452
    Thanked: 2348

    Default Berakah Rhino Challenge

    I have walked up there a few times in the past 2 or 3 years.
    Last time was maybe a year ago. Maybe it's changed, but I cannot
    see a standard vehicle going up there - Fearless couldn't.
    I doubt I'd try.

    I did see a video of a fat bugger doing it in a modded Rubi (Maroon if I recall).

    Still waiting for that video...


  7. #127
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Springs
    Age
    55
    Posts
    800
    Thanked: 2

    Default

    Dankie, as tweety dit opmaak, sal julle hom vashou met die afgaanslag?
    Willie van Rooyen
    Probeer is die beste geweer!!

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sasolburg
    Age
    55
    Posts
    564
    Thanked: 12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rechardt View Post
    will definetly attend, even just as a spectator...
    has the date been confirmed?
    You can pencil 10 May into your calendar for the Rhino Challenge, Rechardt.
    DesertLeon

    Just fascinated by trains, planes and automobiles....

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sasolburg
    Age
    55
    Posts
    564
    Thanked: 12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Manny View Post
    I have walked up there a few times in the past 2 or 3 years.
    Last time was maybe a year ago. Maybe it's changed, but I cannot
    see a standard vehicle going up there - Fearless couldn't.
    I doubt I'd try.

    I did see a video of a fat bugger doing it in a modded Rubi (Maroon if I recall).

    Still waiting for that video...
    Manny, I have much respect for your observation and fully agree that no standard vehicle is going to make it up there.

    I do have a video of a maroon Rubi that we guided up there but I have now been snookered by you.... If I was to post that video that that would imply that the owner (who also happens to be a friend as well as Client) is a "fat bugger"...

    So, what to do?....
    DesertLeon

    Just fascinated by trains, planes and automobiles....

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sasolburg
    Age
    55
    Posts
    564
    Thanked: 12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sampie View Post
    Dankie, as tweety dit opmaak, sal julle hom vashou met die afgaanslag?
    LOL, ek sal help maat. Enige tyd!
    DesertLeon

    Just fascinated by trains, planes and automobiles....

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Port Elizabeth
    Age
    53
    Posts
    7,356
    Thanked: 605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Manny View Post
    but I cannot see a standard vehicle going up there - Fearless couldn't.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=er0oDVQXntc
    Regards
    HeinrichC

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Roodepoort
    Age
    57
    Posts
    16,452
    Thanked: 2348

    Default Berakah Rhino Challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by DesertLeon View Post
    Manny, I have much respect for your observation and fully agree that no standard vehicle is going to make it up there.

    I do have a video of a maroon Rubi that we guided up there but I have now been snookered by you.... If I was to post that video that that would imply that the owner (who also happens to be a friend as well as Client) is a "fat bugger"...

    So, what to do?....
    Oh, he has a Gut of note - I'm sure he knows that. I'm sure he knows we know!

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Roodepoort
    Age
    57
    Posts
    16,452
    Thanked: 2348

    Default Berakah Rhino Challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Manny View Post
    ...but I cannot see a standard vehicle going up there - Fearless couldn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeinrichC View Post
    He did very well. When was that?

    Note: It's a SWB with Diff Locks front & Rear...

    Heinrich, remind me to explain 'Standard' to you...
    Last edited by Mad Manny; 2014/02/12 at 06:34 PM.

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Port Elizabeth
    Age
    53
    Posts
    7,356
    Thanked: 605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Manny View Post
    Quote: Originally Posted by Mad Manny but I cannot see a standard vehicle going up there - Fearless couldn't. He did very well. When was that? Note: It's a SWB with Diff Locks front & Rear...
    Don't know, just found it on Youtube... There are no lockers on these Pajero's, its got traction control.
    Last edited by HeinrichC; 2014/02/12 at 06:38 PM.
    Regards
    HeinrichC

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kempton Park
    Age
    59
    Posts
    2,771
    Thanked: 227

    Default

    This sounds like the one me and Willie should not miss !!

  16. #136
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pta
    Age
    45
    Posts
    785
    Thanked: 37

    Default

    DVR - i want to see that TJ going up that hill!!

  17. #137
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Roodepoort
    Age
    57
    Posts
    16,452
    Thanked: 2348

    Default Berakah Rhino Challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by HeinrichC View Post
    Don't know, just found it on Youtube... There are no lockers on these Pajero's, its got traction control.
    From the video YOU posted...

    Published on Jan 4, 2013
    Extreme 4x4 driving up one of South Africas three Terror trails. Rhino Challenge at Berakah 4x4 Adventure trail with my 2007 Mitsubishi Pajero DiD. The only modifications to the Pajero is ARB diff locks fitted front and rear.



    Concenblerrytrate Heinrich!

  18. #138
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Port Elizabeth
    Age
    53
    Posts
    7,356
    Thanked: 605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Manny View Post
    From the video YOU posted... Published on Jan 4, 2013 Extreme 4x4 driving up one of South Africas three Terror trails. Rhino Challenge at Berakah 4x4 Adventure trail with my 2007 Mitsubishi Pajero DiD. The only modifications to the Pajero is ARB diff locks fitted front and rear. Concenblerrytrate Heinrich!
    Thanks man, you're a great PA! Now go order me lunch and finish that typing job, you are taking too long seems you have a screw loose.
    Regards
    HeinrichC

  19. #139
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Jhb
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,105
    Thanked: 4

    Default

    Heinrich That Pajero was not standard it had BFG ATs on and a antenna on the rear

  20. #140
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ellisras
    Age
    51
    Posts
    277
    Thanked: 0

    Default

    Will a 4 inch lift be to high if not please add me to the list

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Rhino Poaching Hotline
    By Gwily in forum Environmental & Conservation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2013/06/09, 10:53 PM
  2. Event van die jaar - Mudz Challenge
    By David Maritz in forum Gauteng
    Replies: 165
    Last Post: 2010/10/31, 08:07 PM
  3. Zook Troop - Berakah 7 & 8 August 2010
    By JNel in forum 4x4 Trails / Routes / Clubs
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2010/08/17, 08:43 PM
  4. Rhino Challenge Parys
    By ShaneJKA in forum Jeep
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 2009/10/26, 06:24 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •