Sanral - GFIP - Visitors

Default Sanral - GFIP - Visitors

I saw this SANRAL document in the newspaper this morning regarding the Gauteng Freeway Improvement Project.

Not much info there for visitors using the upgraded roads. I did find the following on their web page:
    Road signs will warn visitors to Gauteng to phone or visit the Customer Care centre to register or to obtain a Day Pass. Should a road user make use of the network without registering, they will receive an invoice and be given a set time to pay the toll fees. Should the toll fees not be paid within the set period, additional debt collection and enforcement actions will take place.

What is the status on visitors? How will work in practice? Will there be Customer Care Centres where I can pay my toll when leaving the network?
    Kobus

HDJ81 VX

Default Thought this thru

Quote Originally Posted by KobusDJ View Post
    I saw this SANRAL document in the newspaper this morning regarding the Gauteng Freeway Improvement Project.

Not much info there for visitors using the upgraded roads. I did find the following on their web page:
    Road signs will warn visitors to Gauteng to phone or visit the Customer Care centre to register or to obtain a Day Pass. Should a road user make use of the network without registering, they will receive an invoice and be given a set time to pay the toll fees. Should the toll fees not be paid within the set period, additional debt collection and enforcement actions will take place.

What is the status on visitors? How will work in practice? Will there be Customer Care Centres where I can pay my toll when leaving the network?
    Somebody hasnt thought this thru. After travelling hundreds of kilos and many hours I am going to go and find a customer care centre. Or while I am in the fast lane on the R21 or M1 I am going to dig into my pocket and find my credit card and use my cell phone to contact the Call Centre.

Yeh right.

They will be processing litteraly thousands of out of town cars per day. And they are going to invoke debt collection and law enforcement.

Good luck.

Cheers
    Keith
    Last edited by Fluffy; 2011/02/06 at 11:06 PM.
    Cheers

ZS5KAD
    3 V8's
    NA TwinTurbo SuperCharger
    A V6 and an inline 4

The frogs are starting to notice that the water is getting warm but it is already too hot to do anything about it.....

Sadly Kobus, it will go the way of all other money making ideas ! And then the cameras will be pinched like the sim cards in the robots and then.... Rea vaya busses, monorail, gautrain, new billing IT and and .
    Now watch the replies, OH you are so negative etc etc
    There is no task too simple for some people to complicate !

Chev Aveo and Atos and Polo.

Quote Originally Posted by KobusDJ View Post
    Where is my history book? This sounds familiar

I believe this system is based on the Australian system as used in Sydney and Melbourne. Driving around as a visitor I had no idea of which zone's I had passed through so I bought an all zones pass for the day to ensure I had all the basses covered. In OZ the pass can be bought at most fuel stations.
    Godzilla - 1997 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
    Monty - 1972 Series 3 LWB (moved on)

"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
    -John Wayne

But in Aus everything works and most of the cash is not stolen. A pleasure to pay.
    There is no task too simple for some people to complicate !

Chev Aveo and Atos and Polo.

Everything is a hammer.
    Unless it is a screw driver.

Then it it a chisel.

And yet another thing to budget for each month
    -