Please, posts in the wrong places, language, jokes, complaints etc - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Default Re: Please, posts in the wrong places, language, jokes, complaints etc

Is there a rule against just being obnoxious for the sake of being obnoxious.
    Yizwa imithandazo yethu,

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Hannes View Post
    Well, yes, that's how I got sin binned for a month, although I think I was provoked but the judge doesn't allow an appelation action.
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

It's a "read between the lines" rule, like the one about starting new Prius threads...

Yes Johan your threads about your Rc cars are irritating.

But that is your own thread and it is your own fault if you go in on a thread about Scalectric cars.
    Yizwa imithandazo yethu,

Yes....

Rule 3, supported by 1 and 13.

"* intended to cause or be the cause of friction between members
    * insulting to any other forum member"

And it has already been used a few minutes ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    Yes....

Rule 3, supported by 1 and 13.

"* intended to cause or be the cause of friction between members
    * insulting to any other forum member"

And it has already been used a few minutes ago.
    damn.

What did I miss?

this work lark is making me miss all the fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    damn.

What did I miss?

this work lark is making me miss all the fun.
    All that stuff you said about my Prius?

Well, I'm very offended

So where do we start the Winnie Madikizela-Mandela posts?

On a serious note Dirk, with all due respect, is dialogue surrounding such an individual not necessary in todays minefield of issues? Yes i agree, delete the nasty stuff, but at least allow us to debate her pro's and con's. What value she has added to our current political situation, if any at all? What influence she had on the political landscape, if any at all?

Alternately, and i know its all your prerogative because you ultimately take the flak at the end of the day, and again with due respect, tell us why you wont entertain such a thread? I too am aware of the hate speech laws and i think most of us are, but at the end of the day we are all supposed to be adults and as such should act as adults, irrespective of our motives for being here.
    Toyota Hilux 2.4 GD6 D/Cab 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Caracal View Post
    On a serious note Dirk, with all due respect, is dialogue surrounding such an individual not necessary in todays minefield of issues? Yes i agree, delete the nasty stuff, but at least allow us to debate her pro's and con's. What value she has added to our current political situation, if any at all? What influence she had on the political landscape, if any at all?
    You are most welcome to, good luck. I will however not have this site associated with the comments that were made on the others, nor do I have the time to sit and delete individual posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    You are most welcome to, good luck. I will however not have this site associated with the comments that were made on the others, nor do I have the time to sit and delete individual posts.
    Thanks for the quick come back. You are 100% right. Would be a waste of time. I personally cant think of anything positive to say about who or what she was and i was taught that if you dont have anything good to say then dont say anything at all. I have been guilty of overstepping that rule a few times but in this case it is best to just scroll on by.
    Toyota Hilux 2.4 GD6 D/Cab 4x4

This is very funny...

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 13.59.15.png
Views: 574
Size:  65.4 KB
    "Everything has its limit - iron ore cannot be educated into gold."

As die skoen pas...

Quote Originally Posted by Rainier Vermaak View Post
    This is very funny...

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 13.59.15.png
Views: 574
Size:  65.4 KB
    Funny pics will be deleted
    Always think: Could this be sarcasm?

Quote Originally Posted by Caracal View Post
    I too am aware of the hate speech laws and i think most of us are, but at the end of the day we are all supposed to be adults and as such should act as adults, irrespective of our motives for being here.
    There are areas in the political history of this country that are extremely sensitive, often rightly so.

But there are also people around - IMHO - who are looking for issues and comments on social media to take offence to in order to make political capital.

Unfortunately, that is what necessitates Dirk drawing the line where he does. It is not that most of us here are not adult, but that there are outsiders who would gleefully exploit any borderline indiscretions. And it would take only one Richard Cranium to cause irreparable damage to this forum.

2015 Suzuki Grand Vitara Summit M/T

People are dumping posts in the Pub again.

It is sad, because some of the threads would provide excellent reference material in the right place.

2015 Suzuki Grand Vitara Summit M/T

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ian.McM For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4