Polentswa Camp - ground tent or roofrack tent? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

So Sanparks Follower? Did you survive the night at Polentswa?
    AMAROK
    BLINKGAT ALU CANOPY

JURGENS EXPLORER
    BLINKGAT DRAWER SYSTEMS AND FRIDGE SLIDE

Default Pictures of the Kgalagadi and Richtersveld

Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic View Post
    So Sanparks Follower? Did you survive the night at Polentswa?
    Ha ha, yes thanks we did and what an amazing experience it was! pity it was only for 1 night though. I made a video and am struggling to get it onto youtube, but as soon as its done, will put the link on here for anyone interested in seeing what Polentswa is all about.

I must say, that watering hole was the best experience Ive ever had. about 20 raptors frolicking amongst one another like it was a tea party for all.... we snapped away as much as we could, and have relived those days since the day we returned home... and still are living it up daily.

Herewith a link to my boyfriends's pictures of our trip, i cant seem to just load one, its asking me for a link?

oh, and for those interested in the Richtersveld side of our trip, herewith the link to those pics... I think they will interest you

I hope to get the video links up soon, wireless internet keeps cutting me out, so im going to have to find a place where i can plug in to upload.
    Last edited by Sanparks Follower; 2011/02/23 at 06:44 AM.
    *** Advertising removed ***

Default how safe was the camp?

the camp itself is unfenced. our neighbours came to visit us for a quick hello, and en route back, they ran into a cape cobra... nice. all we saw were flashlights everywhere and a few screams. after a short silence, we were happy to hear they were ok.

the night kept us awake with male lion roaring away most of the night close by. i managed to actually find the culprit the next morning... still roaring away his huffs and puffs. glad got that on video too.

i refused to walk away from out tent that night, coz I was so scared . The camp has beautiful thatched A Frames where one can pitch your tent under cover and give you a little extra sense of security. was it safe to camp on the floor, I guess it was just fine. And if anything went down, we would have just kept indoors until the coast was clear.

was it worth the visit...? Its called "roughing it" to say the least. It was VERY hot, dusty, no running water and not the kinda place a lady would consider comfortable. They have made it about as comfortable as one can ask for in such a open, no facilities type camp, and that I was very impressed with, as I really did not expect anything. But being a fan of the outdoors, photography and wildlife, I just loved the experiences that it came with. Will I go back? For sure!

WOW some fantastic photos!
    What lens you using?

Toyota Hilux KZ-TE
    Goodies and space for more goodies

Exciting to hear about Polentswa & Rooiputs, we just got our confirmations for June! Hope the lions are still around, not so keen on the cape cobra!
    Fantastic photos, sanparksfollower, brilliant memories for you.
    We're following the 'roughing it' by a couple of nights of relative luxury in Gharagab Wilderness camp, so looking forward to that too.
    Can I ask a question - do we have to pay Botswana park fees as well as the sanparks park fees even though we're only crossing over to the Botswana side to camp?

Quote Originally Posted by daj View Post
    do we have to pay Botswana park fees as well as the sanparks park fees even though we're only crossing over to the Botswana side to camp?
    I have the answer to that from DWNP - (it's 'yes' but the park fees are nothing like Moremi fees so it's not such a big deal).

One more question if anyone can help - do we have to 'check in' anywhere for Rooiputs and Polentswa or is there someone on site? (We didin't want to have to pass Twee Rivieren to check in or register as we'll be driving Mata Mata direct to Polentswa over Kamqua dune road)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by warrenaken View Post
    WOW some fantastic photos!
    What lens you using?

Hi Warren, most of the pics were taken with a Canon 1D Mark3, with a 400 2.8is lens. The wide angle shots were taken with the 17-40f4 lens.

Quote Originally Posted by TumTum View Post
    Rewarded every day.....

Just a few to tantalise you....

very nice pictures! where were they taken?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2