Border Crossing do's and dont's!

Default Border Crossing do's and dont's!

Good day,
    We will soon be heading off on our Africa Honeymoon experience.
    I have visited a few neighboring countries incl Mozambique, Lesotho, Swaziland and Botswana, but need some clarification and experienced advice on the following border crossings.
    What paperwork will be necessary, what not to do and if anybody can give more info regarding border times it would be much appreciated.

Border crossings in following order:
    · Zimbabwe – Beitbridge
    · Mozambique – Espungabera/Forbes/Nyamapanda….?
    · Malawi - Zobwe
    · Mozambique – Caia

Thanks

Do you have to do Beitridge? It is a nightmare......chaotic, huge queues etc.

I am sure there is a sticky somewhere in the Overland section regarding border crossings, but the biggest tip I can give you is about attitude. If you turn up with a smile and say how pleased you are to be entering such&such country, if you are respectful and patient, and are smartly dressed and don't wear sunglasses, then you will fly through the borders in a jiffy. Don't ever lose your patience. Don't ever thump the desk or raise your voice or offer a bribe..........you can wait at borders for days with an attitude like that.

Mike
    "A poxy, feral, Brit architect who drinks bad beer and supports the wrong rugby team." Tony Weaver

"Mike for President" Freeflyd

I posted a sticky on border crossings on the overland section (or if it isn't a sticky, just do a border search). There's no border at Caia in Mozambique - that's the bridge across the Zambezi. As Mike says, be respectful, remove sunglasses and hats, dress neatly, don't lose your cool, have all your documents at hand in a folder, carry black pens, don't ever offer a bribe.