Oom Groot Krokodil

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Oom Groot Krokodil

Condolences to the family of PW Botha

Heard some interesting comments on the radio about the passing of the groot krokodil.

Some said he has a lot to answer for but he started the reform process.

Mixed feelings from all walks of life, but how did he impact our lives? You either voted KP or NP. Liked or hated him. All I can recall, he took no rubish from no one!!
    Training: 4x4, bushmechanics, recovery, defensive, 4x4 trucks
    Supply and manufacture: Recovery gear, Custom 4x4 installations and manufacturing, 4x4 equipment
    Angel Construction
    Turnkey Construction solutions [Indoor shooting ranges, safe rooms, shops and shopfitting, Rainwater harvesting, Solar]
    IP CCTV, electric Fencing, Automation, Gates, Stainless steel Fabrication
    You name it, we can probably build or manufacture it.

[email protected]
    +27824453301

Unhappy

Ja, diepe meegevoel met sy familie wat agterbly...

Daar was 'n groot man. Of jy van hom gehou het of nie. Ek het nog altyd gehoop om hom weer iewers te kon ontmoet. Hy was 'n lekker man om mee te gesels. Ek het net baie diep respek vir een wat so op beginsel kon staan.....

Ten spyte van alles wat op sy skouers gepak is, kom ons onthou vandag dat hy ook maar net 'n mens was: Pa, Oupa en oupagrootjie...
    John van Dyk
    Land Cruiser VX 4.7l V8 1999
    Mercedes Benz E 200K 2005 ma se ryding...niks meer besem nie!
    Kia Sportage 2007 2.0 CRDI -seun se ryding
    Kia Sportage 2012 2.0i AT - seun se ryding
    Noname Boswa
    Honda CRV 2005 -2.0i VTEC seun se ryding...verkoop

willysjeep Guest

Thumbs up

' n Seder het geval, as jy in sy era groot geword het en jy was in weeklikse kontak met hom of sy inligtingstelsel, dan het jy vanaand 'n knop in die keel en 'n stille traan van aandoening in die oog.Die ouman Was 'n yster.... en het nie geen duim gewyk voor wat na hom gegooi is nie

Pretoria / Motopi Village, Northern Botswana

This AM when I was in a traffic jam at the robot up the road from my house, this black dude, clearly one of the builders in the area, dirty, torn clothes and himself dirty too, walking up to each car (with white person(s)) inside and shoving the copy of the newspaper with headlines"PW Botha is Dead" in everyones face...you could see the enjoyment and hatred all in one on his face !!!!

All I thought to myself is, he is DEFINATELY quite a bit younger than I am so how in the hell would he even know what he is talking and rejoicing about...BLOODY IDIOT !!!!

Trev

PS - same as these damn "war veterans" in Zim...90% of them are younger than 25 i.e. have absolutely NO CLUE what the war was even about !!!
    2014 Land Cruiser 76 SW with extras
    2019 Jaguar Inkwe 4 Offroad Caravan

Default Die baas want sy naam is mos baas PW

Ek het nooit die eer gehad om die baas te ontmoet nie,maar wat ek kan se,as dit nie vir hom was nie, het ons nie n Suid Afrika gehad soos ons hom nou ken nie. Ek praat nie van die misdaad syfer of alleman help jou self met kontant nie. Die selfvertroue,opregtheid,paraatskap en die omgee vir mekaar het elke 17/18 jarige persoon in sy (die Baas) era geleer,al was dit hoe reg of verkeerd,maar dit is in ons, te danke aan die magte, wat hy die baas van was.

Sy manier van dinge doen het vir die wereld gewys n land kan op staan en vooruit gaan sonder hulp.

Die Baas se opleiding wat ek van hom gekry het sal vir ewig in my bly, net jammer die kinders van vandag het nie sy opleiding ervaar nie.
    Rudi Roode
    Brackenfell
    RSA
    Fortuner 3lt D4D

Talking

Ou Steve Irwin is nou happy: Hy het gehoor die Groot Krokodil is oppad!!!
    'n Boerseun dra nie das nie,<br>Toyota sit nie vas nie<br>en dat 'n mooi dorp nou 'n brandewyn se naam moet kry!

MOREMI Guest

Was email the following - how true

SOUTH AFRICA - "While to many Mr Botha will remain a symbol of apartheid, we also remember him for the steps he took to pave the way towards the eventual peacefully negotiated settlement in our country," Mandela said this in a statement after the death of former President PW Botha. Mr Mandela further
    says: " Mr Botha reminds us of a devided past".
    Mr Mandela is the last person to insult the integrity of Mr Botha. In fact,
    to many South Africans Mr Mandela will always remain a symbol of terrorism,
    and the bombing of ordinary South Africans. Under the rule of Mr Botha, Mr
    Mandela imprisoned himself as Mr Botha was keen to release Mandela, on
    condition that he foreswore violence and announced the end of the armed
    struggle. Mr Mandela has refused to get rid of his policies of violence,
    therefore his continued imprisonment under the rule of President Botha. Mr
    Mandela had a golden opportunity to be released, but he clinged to his
    violent options.
    President Botha was a great statesman. He was even a greater statesman than
    former President FW de Klerk. Mr Botha steered South Africa under demanding
    circumstances. There was a global threat of communism, while mr Mandela used
    people like Robert Mc Bride to bomb innocent South African civilians on
    South African soil. Mr Mandela is the last person to insult the integrity of
    Mr Botha.
    Under Mr Botha South Africa built the strongest defence force on the African
    continent, the strongest economy, the best rail and road networks in Africa,
    one of the best public health care systems in the world and an education
    system of note. It took Mr Mandela and Mr Mbeki only a couple of years to
    reduce the South African army to the laughing stock of Africa, an
    ineffective police force stained with criminality, one of the worst public
    health care systems in Africa, a road and rail network that reminds of third
    world standards and a chaotic education system with questionable standards.
    The current corruption at departments like Home Affairs, Safety and Security
    and Correctional Services were not part of Botha culture.
    Mr Botha will be remembered as a true statesman, a man that created a South
    Africa based on law and order. Apartheid was a wrong option, but give Botha
    his credit. He indeed contributed to the quality of ifrastructure that we
    enjoy today, all of us.

Ja, as iemand wat vir 4 jaar baie aktief was as deel van sy beveiligingspan in die SAP, is dit soos Willysjeep se, met 'n knop in die keel wat mens groet.

Nag ou Grote ......
    [B]Johan Prinsloo

I've removed my original comment. Suffice it to say I don't share your sentiments.
    Last edited by charlatan; 2006/11/02 at 12:44 PM.

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0
    "The grey shoe". EFS Suspension | JK rims coming soon...
    2000 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 Sport
    Rubicon Express 3.5" Superflex Lift Kit | Rancho RS99009 / RS 99116 shocks | Custom Hack'nTap SYE + Double Cardan Driveshaft | RE Quick Disconnects | Unichip (164kW) | 31" Kumho KL71

Quote Originally Posted by charlatan View Post
    I've removed my original comment. Suffice it to say I don't share your sentiments.
    I agree. He was part of a mentality that did huge damage to our nation. I wish him no malice, but feel that we would have been a lot better of without his kind of narrow mindedness.

4ePajero Guest

He was part of a mentality that did huge damage to our nation.
    Hmmm!

Could be, but never forget that he and his party was voted into that position by the majority! Us!

It's so easy to make the politicians of the time the scape-goats!

(Not that I think the old system was right, but by golly, it could have been worse!)

He was still somebody's father, husband, dad, granddad, brother etc.
    To them, my condolences!

Narrow minded or single-minded & fearless ?

People tend to have short memories. There was a lot going on at the time around the world. The big picture. He wasn't my favourite bloke but difficult times call for difficult decisions. We'd all be driving Lada's if it was done differently.
    * "Wat Spike probeer sÍ in sy min woorde" -Die Skim "
    .................................................. .....

4ePajero Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    We'd all be driving Lada's if it was done differently.
    Exactly my point, Spike, only point is the Nivas would have been for those who made it out of the country in time!

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Stockhall View Post
    his kind of narrow mindedness.
    His "kind of narrow-mindedness" just happened to be funded and controlled to a point by many of the Western superpowers. We were the last bastion of democracy and capitalism (as opposed to Communism) on the African continent. SA controlled the Cape Sea Route, and with it all of the trade links.

SA had strong support from a number of organisations within the US Congress, with military support and funding - for example, SA did not pay for any of the jet fuel used in the Mirages when they flew sorties over Angola, there was a foreign donor. If the West did not want us to get the Cheetah from Israel, do you think it would have happened!

Remember the Russian Communism model - they would offer as much support as the "freedom Fighters" wanted, but in return the country would sign over the mineral rights so that once they got into power...all the freedom fighters got was a stripped countryside. As an aside, the fall of communism could well be accredited to all of the debt African countries racked up with Moscow. There were and are many rare minerals found in SA that the US requires for its ongoing programmes.

I worked on the secret military aeronautical projects, so I can share many secrets of combined work and collusion with many countries, but this is not the place.

The point is that fingers are being pointed at someone with very little understanding of the real situation in which he operated. Add to that Pik Botha, i bet there are some very interesting stories that will embarass many a foreign govt.

From my time in those circles, the article posted by Moremi is closer to the truth than most people want to believe.

As 4e put it - he was still a family to many, my condolences to the family on their loss.
    Last edited by RogerL; 2006/11/02 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    We'd all be driving Lada's if it was done differently.
    And when you got a Zil, you had truly arrived.

Never mind 11 official languages, try one - Russian.

willysjeep Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sunray View Post
    Narrow minded or single-minded & fearless ?
    If you think that, what about Eugene Terreblanche then?

Guys

For or against him does not matter, but I have to admire him for certain qualities i.e. he stood for what he believed in and did not let outside influence make him move from his position. He gave the TRC the middle finger (figuratively speaking, but who can remember the photo that did the round at that time where they computer-manipulated it to show him giving Tutu the finger ).

Even with the possibility of him being incarcerated for refusing to testify at the TRC he did not wafer. He lived by the motto “Ons sal lewe, ons sal STERWE ons vir jou Suid Afrika!”

This is not a quality that the guys who followed him (and literally stole the reign from him with shrewd political maneuvers, kicking him when he was lying down) can boast about. They changed their views very easily to conform to pressure and ja it ended with Kortbroek gatkruiping at the enemy, selling out his ideals (or lack thereof) his party including voters, to secure a nice cushy job (in die ou dae is sulke mense geskiet of gehang vir hoogveraad).

Contrasted against the admiration I have for to PW, for those who came after him I can only have the utmost contempt.

In just the same way I admire Mandela for a certain quality. Even though I do not condone everything he did or stand for I have to admire him that he took control of the country and not start a personal vendetta of revenge etc… In stead he preached forgiveness and reconciliation and started fighting for causes like woman and children and alleviating poverty. Again I have to admire him in contrast to the once that followed him who’s personal agendas or lack of proper governance of this country has lead us into the situation that we sit in today. If the ANC (whom I will never support) lived up to the ideals they stood for before 1994 SA would have been a utopia to live in. Instead once in power they sold out to power and greed forsaking their ideals and forgetting/stopping to care about the masses that put them into power. Unfortunately these masses are mostly like sheep and it will take a while still before the wool would be removed from their eyes.

So here is to a great man. Ou groot Krokodil his is ‘n Krokodil traan op jou

This is my personal opinion or 2c I did not post this to stirr or start an argument with those who do not agree with me, so if you do not feel this way state your thoughs about the subject rather then to take me on.
    Last edited by benhur; 2006/11/03 at 06:40 AM.

He was a leader like Nelson that we are lacking now.
    Training: 4x4, bushmechanics, recovery, defensive, 4x4 trucks
    Supply and manufacture: Recovery gear, Custom 4x4 installations and manufacturing, 4x4 equipment
    Angel Construction
    Turnkey Construction solutions [Indoor shooting ranges, safe rooms, shops and shopfitting, Rainwater harvesting, Solar]
    IP CCTV, electric Fencing, Automation, Gates, Stainless steel Fabrication
    You name it, we can probably build or manufacture it.

[email protected]
    +27824453301

willysjeep Guest

Quote Originally Posted by benhur View Post

This is my personal opinion or 2c I did not post this to stirr or start an argument with those who do not agree with me, so if you do not feel this way state your thoughs about the subject rather then to take me on.
    Jis, and i though we are argueing already!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast