What did you do to your Mitsu Today ? - Page 40





Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 15 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
Results 781 to 796 of 796
  1. #781
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    /\_/\_/\
    Age
    42
    Posts
    5,382
    Thanked: 220

    Default Re: What did you do to your Mitsu Today ?

    What did I do? Yesterday I took old Great white on gravel back roads to Knysna, then to Buffelsbay and ou family spent the day on the beach, and then spoiled her with a scenic rd back to home. She looked very happy

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bostokkelos For This Useful Post:


  3. #782
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Centurion
    Posts
    476
    Thanked: 180

    Default Re: What did you do to your Mitsu Today ?

    Got the Powerbrakes front discs fitted that purchased with their lockdown special. Busy bedding them in, they sure feel a lot better. Also had to replace rear pads as they where kaput. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200805_155218.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	583188Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200805_154005.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	583189Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200805_173006.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	583190
    2015 Pajero Sport Shogun
    2012 Kia Cerato Hatch

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hendel1986 For This Useful Post:


  5. #783
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    krugersdorp
    Age
    62
    Posts
    2,027
    Thanked: 565

    Default Re: What did you do to your Mitsu Today ?

    sad day for pajero when the last one is sold.
    2010 d4 v8 hse hers
    2018 D/C CRUISER V8

  6. #784
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Paarl
    Age
    32
    Posts
    302
    Thanked: 25

    Default Re: What did you do to your Mitsu Today ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hendel1986 View Post
    Got the Powerbrakes front discs fitted that purchased with their lockdown special. Busy bedding them in, they sure feel a lot better. Also had to replace rear pads as they where kaput. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200805_155218.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	583188Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200805_154005.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	583189Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200805_173006.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	583190
    those look great! of I may ask, how does the price compare to other alternatives?

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to domkiki For This Useful Post:


  8. #785
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Centurion
    Posts
    476
    Thanked: 180

    Default Re: What did you do to your Mitsu Today ?

    Got them on a special for R4000, discs and pads for the front. Normal price was about R5500. If you buy Mitsubishi ones, it will cost around the same price, but you will not get the performance bonus.

    On terms of service lifetime of the pads and discs, it's very dependent on how you drive. Some have reported a shorter life than alternatives, and some have reported a longer life.

    For me it was about the added safety when I might need it in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by domkiki View Post
    those look great! of I may ask, how does the price compare to other alternatives?
    2015 Pajero Sport Shogun
    2012 Kia Cerato Hatch

  9. #786
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Paarl
    Age
    32
    Posts
    302
    Thanked: 25

    Default Re: What did you do to your Mitsu Today ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hendel1986 View Post
    Got them on a special for R4000, discs and pads for the front. Normal price was about R5500. If you buy Mitsubishi ones, it will cost around the same price, but you will not get the performance bonus.

    On terms of service lifetime of the pads and discs, it's very dependent on how you drive. Some have reported a shorter life than alternatives, and some have reported a longer life.

    For me it was about the added safety when I might need it in the future.
    thanks for the reply. Some good info for planning future work on the old bird

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to domkiki For This Useful Post:


  11. #787
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Paarl
    Age
    32
    Posts
    302
    Thanked: 25

    Default Re: What did you do to your Mitsu Today ?

    Hey Guys

    Just closing the loop here on my centre diff lock light that flickered.

    Thanks for everybody's advise, after testing the solenoids and finding both of them were open circuit I purchased a new part. Before installation I traced both pipes to the front diff vacuum actuator and everything was intact.

    I tested the actuator shaft, although it does move it doesn't do so with great ease. How "easy" should it move in and out?

    Replaced the solenoids quickly this morning and all seems good after a lekker drive this afternoon.

    Now on to the next items on the "to-do list".

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to domkiki For This Useful Post:


  13. #788
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Lilongwe
    Posts
    52
    Thanked: 148

    Default Re: What did you do to your Mitsu Today ?

    Being taken apart and properly serviced and cleaned.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D3888921-07EF-49FA-9481-1578C091B18B.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	583554

    Oh oh,

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7D322E5A-D252-4219-B471-44E5E9321F2A.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	583555

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FBE2BC71-D62E-4F29-8733-6BAC88DB6FD4.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	583556

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FantomBadger For This Useful Post:


  15. #789
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Paarl
    Age
    32
    Posts
    302
    Thanked: 25

    Default Re: What did you do to your Mitsu Today ?

    Can't believe the noise old worn tyres can make on a vehicle. My 2003 pajero's front two General Grabbers were old and worn unevenly. As you drove above 30km/h it sounded like the RH front wheel bearing was caput. At 110km/h it sounded like terrible with a noticeable shudder on the steering wheel.

    This morning a fit two nee front tyres (wranglers) and the issue has been resolved completely. I did pick up more work that needs to be done on the car though.

    To my existing list which grows everyday the following needs to be added:

    - two front shocks
    - all the adjustment bushes needs to be redone on the suspension and steering. The wheel alignement was spot on, but we couldn't adjust them at all.

  16. #790
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Welkom
    Posts
    494
    Thanked: 244

    Default Re: What did you do to your Mitsu Today ?

    Installed a switch panel in my Gen3 to control exterior lights, Usb and fridge.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture1.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	587737
    05 Mitsubishi Pajero LWB 3.2 Did GLX

  17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MarcoP For This Useful Post:


  18. #791
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    949
    Thanked: 163

    Default Re: What did you do to your Mitsu Today ?

    UHF radio was on special, 50% off. So of course I had to get one.

    Installed it today, my first real electrical install. Managed to not set the car alight, which is a win.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	58158CCF-ECA1-48BB-8D56-6A598653FEA1.jpeg 
Views:	46 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	587824

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AFB05A81-D403-4CD6-943E-0E88D03992A4.png 
Views:	43 
Size:	2.76 MB 
ID:	587825
    2014 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport
    Sorted for camping away from the crowds.

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flip Marais For This Useful Post:


  20. #792
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    64
    Posts
    36
    Thanked: 11

    Default Re: What did you do to your Mitsu Today ?

    I replaced the batteries in the immobilizer/central locking remote on my Colt Club Cab.

    I know it is not a big deal, but the old batteries were the originals that have lasted for 19 years.

    I decided to test the batteries in the spare keys' remote.
    They are also the originals from when I bought the bakkie in 2001.
    They are still working fine, so I left them in the remote.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to jmvv For This Useful Post:


  22. #793
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Paarl
    Age
    32
    Posts
    302
    Thanked: 25

    Default Re: What did you do to your Mitsu Today ?

    Received my Pajero today from a major service at Jacques norval.

    The following work was done:

    • Rear diff carrier bushes replaced. The difference this makes to the ride and handling of the vehicle is immense.
    • Rear diff oil replaced
    • Handbrake adjusted
    • Front diff oil replaced
    • RH steering rack-end boot replaced
    • Transfer case oil replaced
    • Gearbox sump removed, filter replaced, and new oil
    • Engine timing chain top guide replaced (the old one was shot, so glad we replaced this)
    • Rocker cover gasket replaced
    • Engine oil pressure switch replaced
    • Engine oil replaced
    • Engine oil filter replaced
    • Fan belts replaced with OEM parts
    • Thermostat replaced
    • Coolant flushed and replaced with new OEM coolant


    To illustrate to you why you need to take your car to an expert, they found a little oil residue inside the coolant. Ended up being the automatic transmission oil cooler inside the main radiator that leaked. So we ended up replacing the entire radator as well.

    Funny, because the "expert" that sold me the vehicle had me know very clearly that it was a brand new radiator. Probably brand new cleaned radiator.

    The car drives incredibly well now. The gearshifts are precise and very quick.

    Great service and knowledge from Jacques and his team, recommend them to anyone in the CT and winelands area.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to domkiki For This Useful Post:


  24. #794
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Stellenbosch
    Posts
    273
    Thanked: 125

    Default Re: What did you do to your Mitsu Today ?

    Quote Originally Posted by domkiki View Post
    Received my Pajero today from a major service at Jacques norval.

    The following work was done:

    • Rear diff carrier bushes replaced. The difference this makes to the ride and handling of the vehicle is immense.
    • Rear diff oil replaced
    • Handbrake adjusted
    • Front diff oil replaced
    • RH steering rack-end boot replaced
    • Transfer case oil replaced
    • Gearbox sump removed, filter replaced, and new oil
    • Engine timing chain top guide replaced (the old one was shot, so glad we replaced this)
    • Rocker cover gasket replaced
    • Engine oil pressure switch replaced
    • Engine oil replaced
    • Engine oil filter replaced
    • Fan belts replaced with OEM parts
    • Thermostat replaced
    • Coolant flushed and replaced with new OEM coolant


    To illustrate to you why you need to take your car to an expert, they found a little oil residue inside the coolant. Ended up being the automatic transmission oil cooler inside the main radiator that leaked. So we ended up replacing the entire radator as well.

    Funny, because the "expert" that sold me the vehicle had me know very clearly that it was a brand new radiator. Probably brand new cleaned radiator.

    The car drives incredibly well now. The gearshifts are precise and very quick.

    Great service and knowledge from Jacques and his team, recommend them to anyone in the CT and winelands area.

    Thanks for the feedback, glad the Paj is sorted and as you say it's best to take it to someone who knows the ins and outs of the brand . Those are all crucial items that Jacques took care of. Glad it's running well. Did you sort out the fuel tank issue?

    Cheers

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to ChasingSunsets For This Useful Post:


  26. #795
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bela Bela
    Age
    67
    Posts
    1,231
    Thanked: 434

    Default Re: What did you do to your Mitsu Today ?

    My Pajero LWB is taking on shape, the Takla seat covers and foot well done, Brad Harrison plug installed in load-bin. Still have to decide on how to fit roofrack, I want to make it removable and only fit when needed. Roof rack has migrated from my Pajero SWB to Ford Ranger and now to Pajero LWB.
    Tobie Oosthuizen
    2020 Pajero 3.2L DiD Exceed
    Frontrunner Slimline roofrack


  27. The Following User Says Thank You to Tobie4x4 For This Useful Post:


  28. #796
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Paarl
    Age
    32
    Posts
    302
    Thanked: 25

    Default What did you do to your Mitsu Today ?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChasingSunsets View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, glad the Paj is sorted and as you say it's best to take it to someone who knows the ins and outs of the brand . Those are all crucial items that Jacques took care of. Glad it's running well. Did you sort out the fuel tank issue?

    Cheers
    Unfortunately not yet, I don't drive her near 1/4 now. I'll probably spend next weekend to open the inspection hole of the tank to see whats happening there.

    If it's something obviously I'll fox it otherwise I'll take it to Jacques again as the car desperately needs new front shocks as well.
    Last edited by domkiki; 2020/09/12 at 07:22 PM.

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to domkiki For This Useful Post:


Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 15 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Similar Threads

  1. Mitsu GTG - 5 March - East London
    By 4ePikanini in forum Eastern Cape
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 2010/02/03, 11:14 PM
  2. Pajero Died Today
    By LandJero in forum Mitsubishi
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 2009/01/26, 01:30 PM
  3. Birthdays today!
    By Barto in forum The 4x4 Pub
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2009/01/11, 08:59 PM
  4. Mitsu Section Threads/Posts Leader
    By Gerrit Loubser in forum Mitsubishi
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 2008/06/06, 07:55 PM
  5. Happy BirthDay to my Mitsu ...
    By AwakenZombie in forum Mitsubishi
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2007/08/29, 09:00 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •