Anyone know what happened here? AD Roll - Page 4

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton View Post
    but landed in a ditch on the side of the road.
    We need to get closer to the facts. After swerving for the dog, the accelerator got stuck (he had some Toyota parts fitted to the Isuzu the previous week) and eventually had to roll the car 2km from the main road to stop it. Unfortunately many people jumped to conclusions just because it stopped at the base of Wall of Death.
    FJ Cruiser
    Echo Kavango

Quote Originally Posted by CoenraadB View Post
    Waar's die houtlepel op die oomblik? Laas toe ek die gesien het was dit by Oppers
    Nee!! die houtlepel gaan nie meer op die fred werk nie!! Hier kort nou 'n Karwats!!! (sweep vir die wat nie weet wat is nie) 'n paar lede van die "binnekring" en "buitekring" kort so paar opstoppers!!! (Dit is op jou moer kry vir die wat nie weet nie)
    No one ever ruined their eyesight by looking at the BRIGHT side!!
    Ford Ranger 4l 4x4
    Nissan Patrol 4.8
    Nissan King Cab (aka Navara )
    “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
    Albert Einstein

Whoooopa 3 The Goat strike back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqw5...ature=youtu.be

Another teazer.....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51KljMSXOnI

Sjoe, ou Frans, nou's jy darem opgewen, jong

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton View Post
    Husband goes playing with mates, when questioned by his wife swears blind that he only went to the shop, a dog run into the road and he swerved to avoid hitting it but landed in a ditch on the side of the road. Lets stick to the story.
    You remind me of the friend who took his wifes 4x4 to go and spectate at a points event.

Washing the vehicle got rid of the evidence ....

The third place trofee was a bit more of an issue to hide .....

(TRUE story)

Thys ek moet sę Frans gebruik darem "groot woorde" vir so jong seun .... Daar in die Noord Kaap praat die 12 jariges darem anders as hier ....

Thys dink jy Frans ken dalk daai suzie bakkie ....

According to me alcohol can't be blamed for everything. I have noticed in the past that the dunes have become a training ground for many a noob that just got his first 4x4 2 days earlier. (reference to the amount of recent accidents caused by people not watching out for each other, doing things like u-turns at angles and yes.... Klippies and co)

That plus probably the biggest problem in dune areas..... EGOs. I have on numerous times seen people that think once they've conquered the small dune they absolutely must conquer the big one or face social disregard or perhaps that dreaded strafdop)

Honestly, that's why I'm not really intrigued by going to Atlantis anymore - irresponsible people, in cars and in quads, windgat people, some with overly modified vehicles not even knowing how to use the equipment, will lead to someones death at some stage.

Just my 5c...
    Disclaimer - All my posts on this forum is without prejudice, is based on my fair assumptions or perceptions, is in no way intended to cause harm to anyone and is acted upon at your own discretion.

OK, I'm in for a lynching, but here goes. I will explain later why I feel this is relevant.

I have no problem with guys having a beer during a trip. I do it myself. I do not like sweet drinks, and you can only take so much water on a day! I buy Windhoek Lights specifically for that reason, and I drink max two WHL's during the whole trip of TK - about 4hrs.

Note: I DO NOT drive under the influence! I have done two trips with Forum members and no-one can say they've seen me do anything stoopid - neither on the trip nor afterwards.

However, and this is the risk. IF, (and when) something goes wrong, someone will point and say "He was drinking" and it will be assumed by everyone that "He was DRUNK".... a huge difference but you only need the PERCEPTION and all involved will be guilty without a chance to prove their innocence.

Now, back on topic.

I've been to AD once before with the Forum, and while we had to leave for home early we enjoyed it tremendously. However, while there I saw some hair raising stunts all brought about by EGO and OVER-CONFIDENCE. Driving halfway up a dune then turning on the slope and coming down again is not in everyone's repertoire - certainly not mine.

However, should something go awry halfway through (cars are mechanical things and anything can happen) chances of rolling over is extremely high. Then the same thing applies. Fingers will be pointed and "he was reckless / drunk / stoopid...etc" will be stated as fact.

Solution: If the Forum goes out as a group (wherever) rules should be set in place, and while you're part of that group you'll abide by them - Finish and Klaar! (I'll even drink water for the day). If you want to test your skills / daring beyond what the rules allow - go on your own. At least it won't reflect bad on other members.

OK, let the lynching start.....
    Work. It's a wealthy man's privilege, and a poor man' fate....

André Opperman

"Boerbok" - 98 Jeep XJ 4lit auto
    "Gloria" - 04 Ranger D/C 4lit auto

oppers - thats outrageous!!

I totally agree.

I went the first time, just pitched up and hooked up with some guys, and it was insane. I was waiting for a coming together. Guys cutting you off as you are about to make a run and so on. oddly enough - there was nothing too technical either, just guys charging around all over the place and lots of booze involved...

then I went with Gunhog, ghost traffic and XJJ, what a pleasure, not too pedantic or anything, but well organised and safe... enjoyed it thoroughly... and I can't wait until the next time!!! Beers are kept to afterwards in deference to safety which is Fine!!!

they went down really well when we were messing around with Valves!!!

nothing wrong with the dunes, just stay out of the way of the nutcases... you can still easily roll without any alcohol involved at all...

Could it be that there might have been a second incident on the same day?

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    ... then I went with Gunhog, ghost traffic and XJJ, what a pleasure, not too pedantic or anything, but well organised and safe... enjoyed it thoroughly... and I can't wait until the next time!!! Beers are kept to afterwards in deference to safety which is Fine!!
    Apoc, let me also just state that I also went with Gunhog, XJJ, GhostTraffic, Beast, et al. And I was really impressed with Gunhog's preparedness to be the "safety officer" (for want of a better word), appreciated it, and told him so. GREAT GUYS!!

The "EGO-maniacs" I mentioned was not initially in our group, so whether they were part of the Forum I do not know. However, they joined in and became part of the crowd at the big dune. I had my and Nico(Ghost)'s boys playing on the dune right in front of my car where we we parked (off to one side to watch) and I was fearing for their safety - even far away from the action!
    Work. It's a wealthy man's privilege, and a poor man' fate....

André Opperman

"Boerbok" - 98 Jeep XJ 4lit auto
    "Gloria" - 04 Ranger D/C 4lit auto

Quote Originally Posted by Oppers View Post
    However, and this is the risk. IF, (and when) something goes wrong, someone will point and say "He was drinking" and it will be assumed by everyone that "He was DRUNK".... a huge difference but you only need the PERCEPTION and all involved will be guilty without a chance to prove their innocence.
    Oppers - thank you for making this point! jumping to conclusions without proof makes me !
    Everything is a hammer.
    Unless it is a screw driver.

Then it it a chisel.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisF View Post
    Thys ek moet sę Frans gebruik darem "groot woorde" vir so jong seun .... Daar in die Noord Kaap praat die 12 jariges darem anders as hier ....

Thys dink jy Frans ken dalk daai suzie bakkie ....
    Dit wil mos vir my voorkom asof hy heeltemal te ernstig raak oor die storie, Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Uys View Post
    Oppers - thank you for making this point! jumping to conclusions without proof makes me !
    To use someone else's words : Now unclench ............

Quote Originally Posted by Uys View Post
    Hmm...... Nou weet ons hoe jy jou Transfercase by Atlantis gebreek het ...
    Vir 'n ou wat raak wanneer "assumptions" gemaak word sonder bewyse, is hierdie nogal 'n weird opmerking.

Kalmeer, Uys, jy hoef nie altyd reg te wees om dit hier op die forum te geniet nie. Hel, ek weet ek is gewoonlik verkeerd ...............

Quote Originally Posted by ThysleRoux View Post
    Dit wil mos vir my voorkom asof hy heeltemal te ernstig raak oor die storie, Chris
    Ons Noordkapers split nie op mekaar nie!!!
    Ford Ranger 4l 4x4
    Nissan Patrol 4.8
    “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
    Albert Einstein

Another teazer.....

hahaha - Thys and Uys - the big wooden spoon goes round and round...

Vir 'n ou wat raak wanneer "assumptions" gemaak word sonder bewyse, is hierdie nogal 'n weird opmerking.

Kalmeer, Uys, jy hoef nie altyd reg te wees om dit hier op die forum te geniet nie. Hel, ek weet ek is gewoonlik verkeerd ...............
    Uys staan in die linker hoek!!! Thys staan in die regterhoek!!! Met julle gesigte na die muur, met jou vinger op jou mond!!! EN SIT DADELIK JULLE DONKIE ORE OP!!!!!!
    Ford Ranger 4l 4x4
    Nissan Patrol 4.8
    Albert Einstein

Another teazer.....

Agge nee, meneer Reichert Malema, dis dan so vervelig in jou klaskamer en die geselsie raak nou net lekkerrrrrrrrr .

Die donkie-ore sal eintlik beter pas by Apocalypse se Jeep - dit is mos 'n diesel ..............

Agge nee, meneer Reichert Malema, dis dan so vervelig in jou klaskamer en die geselsie raak nou net lekkerrrrrrrrr .
    Die donkie-ore sal eintlik beter pas by Apocalypse se Jeep - dit is mos 'n diesel ..............
    Thys, nou is jy op jou eie..

1990 Toyota Hilux - In process..
    The more people I meet the more I like my dog..
    Real 4x4's have splash guards, not sump guards..

NEVER 4x4 and DRINK, it ends with a STINK!! En gewoonlik betaal jy!!! In geld of Bloed!!!

Skuus, ek was so lanklaas op nie opgelet ons trek op Bladsy 4 nie.......hehehe, but my 2cents worth anyways.....
    Last edited by Mattblack; 2010/06/02 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Adding
    Matt Herbst,(Sadly Tienie found a new Owner......)

2012 Ssang Yong 2.0DT(4x2)
    2011 Mazda 2 Sedan

1999 Gypsy Regal

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast