Sleepover accommodation in Xai Xai

Default Sleepover accommodation in Xai Xai

Hi,

We will travel from Pretoria to Xai Xai on Friday, 11 June 2010. Then on to Pandaine on Saturday, 12 June 2010.

Can anybody please recommend reasonable and clean sleepover accommodation in Xai Xai?

Thank you

Regards

Gypsey

Drive to Praia de Xai Xai and travel northwards on the beach road, there are a few lodges there that are reasonable in price and quality. Don't book as there will be place, also if camping there is a campsite on the beach- remember security and don't leave things laying around. Allow 12 hours to drive from Pta to Xai Xai. Don't forget that RSA citizens will be escaping the 2010 WC and that the 16th is a holiday as well the border could be a bit of a nightmare and thus allow an extra 1,5 hours. Leave early enough to get to Xai Xai aim to be there by 15 to 16h00.

There is also a lovely campsite/accom (and for the life of me I can't remember the name) some 30kms before Xai Xai on your left. It is part of a timber saw mill set up and there are signs on the road. Be careful of speed traps every where along the route if you speed you will pay the penalty!!!!!!!!!!

Zona Braza, just North East of Xai-Xai is also stunning. You would probably have to book. Nice rooms/chalets. Good pub, good food. We did Joburg to Zona Braza in one go - admittedly we left at 5, and it wasn't a long weekend.

Coords - S25 00.805 E34 02.213
    Gavin

Quote Originally Posted by TRON View Post
    There is also a lovely campsite/accom (and for the life of me I can't remember the name) some 30kms before Xai Xai on your left. It is part of a timber saw mill set up and there are signs on the road.
    Its called Honeypot. http://www.honeypots.co.za/ . Very reasonable rates (When we last visited). They have camping as well as Wendy huts and a whole house you can rent. They have a small bar and Restaurant as well. We quite enjoy staying there!

Good luck and enjoy!!!
    Toyota Prado 3.0
    Bush Lapa Baobab 1158

Can also recommend Honeypot, good food, very reasonable and safe
    8) Disco III V8 8)

Everybody should own a V8 at least once in his life

and I've done it twice now

Thanks for the prompt replies.
    Gavin thanks for the Zona Braza suggestion.
    Gostrider thanks for the Honeypot suggestion. Unfortunately their email doesn’t seem to work, but will try phoning them.
    We intend to leave PTA at 04:00, travel 5 hours from PTA to Komati arriving at 09:00, and after spending 2 hours with bureaucracy on the border leaving the border at 11:00, and another 5 hours to Xai Xai arriving at 16:00.
    Tron you mentioned 12 hour from PTA to Xai Xai, I suppose it will then take 7 hours from Komati to Xai Xai and not 5 hours as I anticipated or did you include 1.5 - 2 hours for the border?

Don't under estimate the time it can take you to get right through Maputo. A friend has just done the trip and it took him 1.5 hours from the tollgate in Maputo to the last major police post and there was NO accident causing the delay, just high traffic density.
    Good luck and enjoy the trip. I understand that 35km north of Xai Xai has now been tarred so we might just have it all done by this December.......

Quattro
    2005 Touareg V10
    2006 BMW M5
    2017 Invader Duo
    2007 Noble Ferrari P4 replica
    2013 High Spec TRD Toyota 86