Drawer/Storage systems - adequate space left?

Default Drawer/Storage systems - adequate space left?

Hi There,

I am looking into getting a storage system, and are particularly interested in the 4 Ammo Box Combo draw with Fridge slide system. However, my main concern is that there will not be adequate space left, especially when fitted in the bin of a double cab. Things that still need to come in include jerry cans, spare wheel, etc.

I do not want to fit a roofrack, and already has a rooftop tent on the canopy. (The canopy is a low profile so that the RTT only extends about 15 cm above the cab.

Will space be an issue?

What other options are there?

Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated
    Jaco

Jaco - ons bou vir jou een soos jy hom wil he - met plek vir die Jerries!
    Everything is a hammer.
    Unless it is a screw driver.

Then it it a chisel.

I would never mount jerry cans inside a vehicle unless it's for water, and if you love your family you would take my advice, fumes do come out of those cans and if you were in an accident, "God forbid" and one of those jerry cans were to rupture or open, you and your family could all be doused in fuel it wouldn't be very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunp View Post
    I would never mount jerry cans inside a vehicle unless it's for water, and if you love your family you would take my advice, fumes do come out of those cans and if you were in an accident, "God forbid" and one of those jerry cans were to rupture or open, you and your family could all be doused in fuel it wouldn't be very nice.
    I don't really see a problem mounting jerry cans inside the load bin of a bakkie. It is not really inside the vehicle
    2015 Pajero Sport 4x4
    1996 3.5v6 Pajero (For Sale)

Carpe Diem Scrotum
    Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!

Just my view Simon you never know when someone might be sitting in the back, or that jerry can comes loose when you roll your bakkie and it comes thru the back window. Sorry I just think far ahead of these things. If I didn't have a canopy I would also mount it in the back of my bakkie.

I had an accident on the way to arace in my old bantam bakkie, 25l fuel was just behind me in the bakkie., got t-boned just there, petrol everywhere including on me!

When the brown smelly stuff hits the fan you'd be unpleasantly surprised at what happens.

in that accident, i cracked my left wrist, I was changing down gears at the time I got hit and my left hand connected with swambo's head, 1 broken wrist! We had those lekker individually wrapped endearmints on the dashboard inside the cab. We found some of them inside the coolerbox on the back of the bakkie after the accident. My pager that was in the little money pouch was 5m in front of the car.

petrol goes a s far away from people as possible and gets really well secured.
    New & Used Car Sales Exec.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunp View Post
    Just my view Simon you never know when someone might be sitting in the back, or that jerry can comes loose when you roll your bakkie and it comes thru the back window. Sorry I just think far ahead of these things. If I didn't have a canopy I would also mount it in the back of my bakkie.
    I agree on the fuel issue, but would you carry people on the back? A canopy gives no protection in an accident and may even cause terrible cuts. After an accident we were involved in (rolled DC bakkie) you realise that what Doug says is very true. Nobody travels on the back of my bakkie.