Letaba - Giriyondo - Chidenguele(EN1) - Paindane

Default Letaba - Giriyondo - Chidenguele(EN1) - Paindane

Greetings ..

I am doing a trip starting on the 5th of June in Letaba. Crossing at Giriyondo Border post, Massingir dam, down to Chokwe, cross Limpopo just after Chokwe and meet up with the EN1 at Chidenguele and all the way up the EN1 to Paindane.
    Question. Has anyone put in fuel at Chindenguele or should i change my route and drop down to Zai Xai to re-fuel?
    I did this trip quite some time ago in September 2007 and the brodge over the Limpopo was almost complete .. we had to do a bit of a detour up north a bit to cross at Barragem. I presume that the bridge is now copleted. Has anyone recently crossed there?

Anyone else up in that region over that period?

Thanks
    Mike

Did that route a few years ago. We filled up just on the other side Chokwe, but then we were heading towards Xai-Xai

T4A fuel stops are pretty accurate in Moz - and it shows one at Chokwe and at Chibuto.

We were very recently in Moz and there are quite a few new Petrol Stations all along the way, so you should be fine.

I know this is easy to say when you have a Diesel and 180L fuel tank
    Last edited by gavpike; 2010/05/21 at 03:51 PM.
    Gavin

Thanks Gavin ..

I have a very thirsty V6 SWB Pajero .... so i have to plan these things .. i will update my T4A maps .. thanks.

Was there last week. There is fuel available in Inharime if memory serves me correctly. A new filling station outside of town no less. Also a new filling station is being built in the town where the dirt road ends and the sand road to Paindane begins, but it probably wont be up and running yet. Long section of roadworks north of Xai-Xai can be great fun if it happens to be raining. We drove this part in fairly heavy rain and had some great fun as it is very narrow in portions and gets very muddy when wet. Enjoy!!

Hi Topless, no fuel in Chidenguele, as gavpike said Chokwe or Chibuto.
    "If it ain't broken - Modify it"
    -------------------------------------
    Ben
    '99 Jeep Wrangler; 4" Procom Lift kit; 4.7Lt Mopar conversion; 33"x12.5x15" MT Baja Claws (Mine); '11 Prado 4.0Lt VX Petrol (Ours); '08 MB SLK 200 Coupe (SWAMBO's); '08 Conqueror Commander

Quote Originally Posted by Topless View Post
    Greetings ..

I am doing a trip starting on the 5th of June in Letaba. Crossing at Giriyondo Border post, Massingir dam, down to Chokwe, cross Limpopo just after Chokwe and meet up with the EN1 at Chidenguele and all the way up the EN1 to Paindane.
    Question. Has anyone put in fuel at Chindenguele or should i change my route and drop down to Zai Xai to re-fuel?
    I did this trip quite some time ago in September 2007 and the brodge over the Limpopo was almost complete .. we had to do a bit of a detour up north a bit to cross at Barragem. I presume that the bridge is now copleted. Has anyone recently crossed there?

Anyone else up in that region over that period?

Thanks
    Mike
    Hi Mike,
    We are also doing this route on the 5th June, might catch you on the road and say hi, we are going with 2x vehicles, discovery Td5 and a Ford 2.5 diesel. I am taking 4x jerry cans of diesel with for various reasons.
    2000 Pajero 3.5 Blister
    2002 Disco2 TD5