Terios owners - Page 9

Page 9 of 116 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 34 59 109 ... LastLast

Thread: Terios owners

Hi, 4x4 Bedinges

Cool

I did notice that the tow bar does influence the rear exit angle - that's why I decided on the removable model
    Nissan NP300 Hardbody S/C 4x4 2.4
    ZR6WGR

Quote Originally Posted by willieg View Post
    Hi, 4x4 Bedinges

Cool

I did notice that the tow bar does influence the rear exit angle - that's why I decided on the removable model
    It does a lot because it goes so far out to move the trailer back because of the sparewheel , that's why I also took the removable one and you get a recovery point that you can connect when you remove the tow bar.
    One life Live it

Take The Roads less traveled

Alles in die lewe gebeur met n doel

Quote Originally Posted by willieg View Post
    Hi, 4x4 Bedinges

Cool

Good idea....congrats willie, hoop hy gee jou baie km's! ons moet bietjie iets reel in die gauteng area dan kan ons almal ontmoet!
    Alex
    2012 Mitsibushi Triton

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4 Bedinges View Post
    It does a lot because it goes so far out to move the trailer back because of the sparewheel , that's why I also took the removable one and you get a recovery point that you can connect when you remove the tow bar.

Did not know this, then i need to get one, i also need to figure out how to put a recovery point at the front....saw some pick before, need to find them again, but it was one heck of a job, must be something simpler...

Something i also noticed on out trucks, the air inlet pipe is snucked away in the engine and facing the side, i would recon that you MUST get more kW if you can face it to the front and get a 100% oncomming air into it...
    Alex
    2012 Mitsibushi Triton

Quote Originally Posted by Goofaloop View Post
    Did not know this, then i need to get one, i also need to figure out how to put a recovery point at the front....saw some pick before, need to find them again, but it was one heck of a job, must be something simpler...

Something i also noticed on out trucks, the air inlet pipe is snucked away in the engine and facing the side, i would recon that you MUST get more kW if you can face it to the front and get a 100% oncomming air into it...

Ek het nog nie so opgelet nie Alex sal gaan kyk as ek weer by die huis is , maar dit maak meer sin dan vir n snorkel.
    One life Live it

my opinie vir n snorkel, ja nee, dit lyk flippen nice, maar sal die volgende ou wat hom oorvat by jou gelukkig wees as jy hom ophet? en, as jy wil swem, trek vir jou swemkleuer aan, moenie met jou kar gaan swem nie, eks hier om myself te geniet, nie my voertuig op te dinges nie...
    Alex
    2012 Mitsibushi Triton

Dis waar Alex maar n snorkel werk nie net vir water nie, dit laat ook kouer lig in en op n petrol met "forced air " gee dit beter performance ook.
    One life Live it

dis ook waar...iets om oor te dink...as julle manne n nudge bar in die hande kan kry vir my, ek stel belang in ene...
    Alex
    2012 Mitsibushi Triton

Sal jou laat weet ek soek self een.
    One life Live it

moet eintlik diahatsu bel om prys te kry....
    Alex
    2012 Mitsibushi Triton

hoe is jou rotasie petrus?wanner jy op R&R?
    Alex
    2012 Mitsibushi Triton

Ek werk 7 weke en dan is ek 2 weke by die huis.
    One life Live it

Diahatsu - Nudge Bar - R2986.80
    Alex
    2012 Mitsibushi Triton

Am considering buying the Terios longwheel base, 4x4, 2010 model. I have been told that it is seriously underpowered, what are the thoughts on this. Can anyone tell me what the average fuel consumption is? I want to use the vehicle for everyday use and also for going to Mana Pools, Chobe, Kalahari Gemsbok Park over the next few years.

Well, you have a big body with a 1.5L engine, one can suspect that it can be under powered, BUT, there are ways to improve it, getting a snorkel, and fitting a free flow exhaust, this will make a HUGE difference, i did this, and cannot believe the difference it made(i did just the freeflow). Well, if you watched carte blance the other night, a lady drove all the way to Congo with it, i have done a few trails with it, will you be doing these trips alone?
    Alex
    2012 Mitsibushi Triton

My Mom drives one. Its got 85000 km on the clock now, get around 9km/l if your drive around 130. Manual transmision

Great car. It will only be under powered if you are towing more than your average ventertjie. Great car for sand driving, I would get the auto box if possible.

Drove about 80km of gravel this past weekend with it, and its a great car.

oh yes, i get +-10km/l, will test it now with the free flow on, hope to get a bit better.
    Alex
    2012 Mitsibushi Triton

Quote Originally Posted by glennis View Post
    Am considering buying the Terios longwheel base, 4x4, 2010 model. I have been told that it is seriously underpowered, what are the thoughts on this. Can anyone tell me what the average fuel consumption is? I want to use the vehicle for everyday use and also for going to Mana Pools, Chobe, Kalahari Gemsbok Park over the next few years.
    Well being a 7 seater and longer wheel base I think its gone be a little bit under power but as Alex said there is ways to correct this , snorkel , filter , chip and the freeflow exhaust. its a 77kw , 140nm engine but its has a good reputation.
    The long wheel base is just very low at 200mm ground clearance but you can fit the off road suspension.
    One life Live it

OK guys, I did the whole study on the towing capacity of the Terios as well as that of towbars fitted to the Terios because I had a trailer build to fit the Terios.
    There are 2 categories of towing:
    1. Unbraked trailer. Here the legal limit will be 50% of the Tare of the Terios (1180kg /2 = 560kg). However Daihatsu specify only 400kg. If you exceed the 400kg you can have warrantee problems with Daihatsu if anything goes wrong. The weight of the trailer relates to it's GVM.
    2. Braked trailer. The legal limit here for the Terios is 1350kg. Rather play it safe and do not exceed the Tare of you Terios which is 1180kg. Again this relates to the GVM of your trailer.

Then there is the towbar. The towbar fitted by Daihatsu only has a towing capacity of 600kg. I had a towbar fitted with a rating of 1000kg because my trailer will never exceed a gross mass of 800kg. If you get it wrong here there may be insurance problems when you are in an accident.

Hope this help.

Just to add. I had the freeflow and lift kit done and also upgraded to 225/70/16 all terrain tyres. Will post some new photo's soon.
    In it's standard specs the Terios really perform very well with my trailer behind it. There are photo's posted in this thread - a few pages back on page 3. That was before I did the high lift kit and other mods.
    Cannot wait to try the upgraded Terios. There is a lot more power available now!!
    Last edited by adalwolf; 2012/11/26 at 07:40 PM.

I got the towbar with the deal on the tossie

Will test it when we go to the GTG hopefully by then the freeflow , filter and tires are done and the lift kit.
    One life Live it

Page 9 of 116 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 34 59 109 ... LastLast