Terios owners - Page 4

Page 4 of 115 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 29 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Terios owners

Ignatius - yip, got them from the Stikland service centre... please let me know how the chip works, as i also want to get one many thanks
    Adalwolf - just remember they advise you to keep your stock shocks - i believe these will then be too "stretched" to be much use...()

Robin
    2010 Mitsubishi Triton 3.2 D ID D/C P/U
    Kitted out and ready for an African safari....

Plenty of people miss their share of happiness, not because they never found it, but because they did not stop to enjoy it....

Hi, I am new to the forums - I could not help myself when I saw this particular thread - I simply had to register and contribute. It is nice to find people that appreciate these marvelous little machines!

I had a 2007 Subaru WRX that I loved to bits, which I sold when we started a family and got a 2009 Terios 4x4. Although I miss the raw power of the scoobie, the Terios is just such a fun and happy car to drive! And brilliant in town because of the small turning circle (makes parking a doddle) and get-up-and-go engine. I find that she has a small "powerband" just over 5000rpm where the 1.5 VVTi engine comes alive. She is affectionately known to us and my friends as "Teri the Terrible Terios" or "Achmed the Terios"

I must report that I have never had any of the "bottoming-out" issues on the rear suspension that other owners have experienced. We drove from Durban to Joburg to watch the Top Gear Live show, and with 4 adults plus luggage, she cruised along quite nicely at the national speed limit, and no problems with suspension. In fact, the drive is more comfortable (less bouncy) with some weight in the back.

My wife organised a 4x4 course for my birthday - with the same crowd that do the Land Rover vehicle familiarization course (Land Rover Experience) just outside Durban. The instructor had to quickly read up about the Terios because he knew nothing about it, and if it would clear the course! Where the Land Rover drivers were instructed on which setting to use for the particular terrain we were about to tackle, we would jokingly turn the fan speed knob to "dial in" to the required setting

Even with 30% life left on the original Dunlop GranTrek tyres, Teri was amazing on the course and impressed everybody there. They would all do the section and then get out to watch Teri (we were last to have a go at the section for obvious reasons - like: it's easier to tow out from the front!). With her plucky attitude and generous ground clearance, she made most of it look easy. It's only when you get one wheel, front and back, off the ground that things get tricky without the limited slip diff. In most cases this can be compensated for with a stab at the accelerator, sending her bounding over whatever obstacle is in the way - as long as it's not rocks!

There was one hectic section (steep gradient, off-camber, muddy, rutted with a few big rocks for good measure) that we sat out, instead opting to ride in one of the Land Rovers - a Discovery 4. It too is an amazing vehicle and made it seem effortless. It simply lumbered up the obstacle with no apparent effort required from the driver (besides dialing in to the correct setting). I will attach a few pics taken on the day.

I am now in the process of replacing tyres, and have decided that Yokohama Geolander G051's will do just fine (your opinions are most welcome) for our application of the vehicle (90% urban, 10% off-road - but nothing hectic). These should work for mom's taxi and the odd Mozambique trip, right?

I must apologise for the verbal/written diarrhea on my first forum post
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	778 
Size:	117.7 KB 
ID:	170234   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15.jpg 
Views:	712 
Size:	115.4 KB 
ID:	170235   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	21.jpg 
Views:	702 
Size:	131.7 KB 
ID:	170236   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	27.jpg 
Views:	792 
Size:	121.6 KB 
ID:	170237   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	37.jpg 
Views:	761 
Size:	124.6 KB 
ID:	170238   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	39.jpg 
Views:	701 
Size:	125.3 KB 
ID:	170239   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	089_800x600.jpg 
Views:	758 
Size:	206.2 KB 
ID:	170240  

Hi Terorris have a look on Gumtree in Durban there is somebody selling one now for R1500 he still got it I spoke to him today they took it out because they sold the Terios pitty I only saw it after I bought mine. I will keep you posted.
    Last edited by Ignatius; 2012/10/12 at 04:47 PM.

Hi TeriTheTerrible

Welcome to the Terios owner's club - GOOD SHOW!

My reasons for getting a Terios:

There is one in the family already - GREAT CAR!
    We are about to move to the farm - platkarre don't work there
    It is economical - compared to any other 4x4 that is even close to its size
    It is reliable
    The wife can drive it

That's my 5 cent's worth
    Nissan NP300 Hardbody S/C 4x4 2.4
    ZR6WGR

Cool One hot little biscuit!

I would kill to have a little terrier like this (first one)! Never should of sold mine! This one must be by far the hottest little terios I've ever seen... even it is a photoshopped one

Included some pics of other ones

Name:	daihatsu_terios_off_road_vt_by_guilhermeatv-d53fzvp.jpg 
Views:	1049 
Size:	102.0 KB 
ID:	171330   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3299833187_2dbcc74454.jpg 
Views:	2991 
Size:	112.2 KB 
ID:	171331   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3299832209_000c449015.jpg 
Views:	2069 
Size:	88.4 KB 
ID:	171332   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5078434882_130d82872f.jpg 
Views:	8344 
Size:	137.0 KB 
ID:	171333  
    Life's a garden, you just gotto dig it - Joe Dirt
    Sometimes you just gotto keep on keeping on - Joe Dirt
    Life's hard. Its even harder if you're stupid - John Wayne

1998 Toyota Prado KZTE

Hi Mudboy, to add to one of your photo's look at these. This is a real Terios. Look really funky. Just had my liftkit done and Brospeed flowthrough done at Daihatsu. Now these photo's are really tempting!!

Name:	fahrmitgas.de_DESERT_MOUSE_Pic01_01.jpg 
Views:	2410 
Size:	135.7 KB 
ID:	171397   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fahrmitgas.de_DESERT_MOUSE_Pic02_01.jpg 
Views:	1125 
Size:	154.9 KB 
ID:	171398   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fahrmitgas.de_DESERT_MOUSE_Pic09_01.jpg 
Views:	2506 
Size:	120.6 KB 
ID:	171399   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fahrmitgas.de_DESERT_MOUSE_Pic23_01.jpg 
Views:	869 
Size:	145.9 KB 
ID:	171400   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fahrmitgas.de_DESERT_MOUSE_Pic28_01.jpg 
Views:	810 
Size:	133.1 KB 
ID:	171401   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fahrmitgas.de_DESERT_MOUSE_Pic39_01.jpg 
Views:	1496 
Size:	114.0 KB 
ID:	171402  

I am a huge fan of the Terious.
    Cheers

ZS5KAD
    3 V8's
    NA TwinTurbo SuperCharger
    A V6 and an inline 4

The frogs are starting to notice that the water is getting warm but it is already too hot to do anything about it.....

I Am thinking of trading Swambo's platkar for one
    One life Live it

Take The Roads less traveled

Alles in die lewe gebeur met n doel

Hi Adalwolf how much did you pay for the liftkit and the Brospeed system and is it worth doing it? I want to get mine done before we go on holiday to the Eastern cape plan on doing some mild 4x4. I put a chip in and a K&N filter and the power gain is not wow but it is better. The place where I got the chip from say it will still improve because it is a intelligent logic circuit and I am still going trough the different settings to see which setting is the better one.
    This is how a Terios must look.

Compact by Choice Reliable by Design.

Name:	Terios.jpg 
Views:	16533 
Size:	11.7 KB 
ID:	171797   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Terios1.jpg 
Views:	4251 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	171798  
    Last edited by Ignatius; 2012/10/22 at 11:28 AM.

Hi Ignatius, I had the order placed via Daihatsu Somerset West which also did the fitment. Only reason why I did it via the Daihatsu dealership was to retain my car's warrantee. Must add that I received prompt response on my enquiries from this dealership and I am very happy with the fitment. I could probably have it all done for cheaper somewhere else but I was not prepared to put my car's warrantee in any risk. So back to your question about costs. The four coil springs and the full free flow exhaust system (full Brospeed system including banana branch) plus labour was R9600. Parts was R6040 and labour the rest.
    The increase in performance is amazing. I was quite worried about the money spend but this was probably the best investment I could have made on this little Terrior. The ride also is a lot better, much smoother, due to the newly coil springs fitted. Other Terios owners may have different views on this conversion but I am very impressed. Also very happy with the service received from Somerset West Daihatsu.

OK ,so I did the lift kit thing and now it looks like if I can fit bigger tyres. Eish, you do the one thing and then it opens the big boy's mind on what can be done next - toys for big boy's syndrome!!

Hi Adalwolf thanks for the info you are lucky to get prompt service I have phoned a couple of dealerships here around Gauteng and the service is very poor and they are not very helpfull except for the dealership in Centurion they seems to know what I am looking for.
    Yip bigger tyres BFG's is on my list after the liftkit and the Exhaust.

Hi Ignatius, what size tyres are you thinking of fitting? I had a look at all the possible tyre sizes and quite frankly there is not a lot too choose from. After looking at the available space in the wheel arches as well as considering power loss etc, I have opted to go for 225/70X16's. The photo's I posted on the Dessert Terios has 225/75x16's on but I thing that is a bit too big, considering my requirements of not loosing too much power as well as fitting within the wheel arches without touching. I ordered Nankang FT-7 A/T's from Tyretraders.co.za. Cannot beat the price anywhere. Will post some photo's once fitted. Just want to add again, amazingly good job done by Somerset West Daihatsu and the power gain is unbelievable.

Ignatius

Is this you...Post 1323

http://4x4community.co.za/forum/show...=32829&page=67

We are practically neighbours. I live in Bergbron.

Sorry for the hijack guys.

Hi Flagster no I have a silver Terios.
    Adalwolf I am thinking of 235 /60 16" BFG but will only be fitting them next year.

Name:	03012012223.jpg 
Views:	597 
Size:	76.0 KB 
ID:	173301   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	03012012225.jpg 
Views:	468 
Size:	133.2 KB 
ID:	173302  
    Last edited by Ignatius; 2012/10/29 at 12:52 PM.

Just took delivery of a 2007 Terios... From what I hear, they're great little cars. Will always miss my Sorento, though, but glad to be joining such a passionate group of owners.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Terios parts

Hi guys, we have been driving a 2007 Terrior 4x4 since about March this year, and so far we've had no problems... the only trouble, it seems is to find replacement parts.

Our car has done just about 180 000 km and I do most of the servicing myself, so far I have not been able to source an aftermarket air filter. The stealers in Menlyn quoted me R395 excl VAT for a replacement... At that price I can just as well look at a K&N replacement.

Does anyone here know of a K&N distributor in Pretoria or would it be best to mail order on e-bay?

The Menlyn dealership also does not sell the coils that come with the offroad model ..."but if I can give them a vin number for an offroad model they can order the same coils that came out with the car from the factory..."

adalwolf...those pictures just gave me a heap of ideas...swambo won't be happy when I turn her car into a second desert stormer...
    2009 Toyota Hilux 4.0 V6 Raider D/C AT

Hi guys,

I have a 2008 Terrrrrrrios 4x4, just fitted Yokohama Geolander A/T tyres,what a pleasure on the road, will be doing th freeflow shorly as well as the lift kit(coils and shocks). We all must orginize a trip somewhere, chimes, de wildt, etc....will be leka!
    enjoy!
    Alex
    2012 Mitsibushi Triton

Hi Jurgen10

Phone Centurion and talk to Phillip he is very helpfull I just bought a Brospeed system from them (will fit it myself) and will get the liftkit next but will get the fitment done at Autoquip they are alot cheaper than Daihatsu. I got my K&N from ATS in Bergbron I stay around the corner from them.
    Goofaloop I agree we must organize a trip before the year end. What size tyres did you fit?

Thanks Ignatius,

I contacted ATS in Gauteng, spoke to Sean, he was very helpfull. The K&N Filter is on its way . (011 670 8400) a bit on the expensive side, but then again it's hopefully the last filter I buy for the terrior.

They still have one unit in stock...

Does anyone have the part numbers for the Offroad coils , or maybe details of another supplier, other than the Daihatsu dealers?
    Last edited by jurgen10; 2012/10/31 at 05:17 PM.
    2009 Toyota Hilux 4.0 V6 Raider D/C AT

Page 4 of 115 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 29 54 104 ... LastLast