Terios owners - Page 3

Page 3 of 115 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 28 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Terios owners

Quote Originally Posted by Mister4 View Post
    Hi Pieter,

Can you please supply us with the name of this place? Do they supply window switches for other cars as well?
    Independent Car Radio & Airconditioning in Lenchen street, Centurion.

They are between Midas and KFC in Centurion. I think they said they can replace the switches on any car. They build their own "console" for the switches.

The switches were about R230 per switch and R6?? for labour. Some minor rewiring had to be done. They really did a very good job.

Thanks Pieter

Hi Paul

thanx for the info. I will definitely get in touch with "Power-exhaust" companies to arrange the fitting.
    Regards
    Terioster

Hi All,

Just joined up

Purchased a second hand Terios for a general runabout

THANK YOU all for the info about the airfilter, shocks, etc

I'll post some pictures as soon as I have the vehicle back from the agent's - the front differential had a terrible whine - it is being replaced

Default Terios

Hi everybody,
    I just joined the forum and I must say I really enjoy reading and browsing the forum. I (or my wife regular driver) am also the proud owner of a 2011 4x4 Auto Terios and I have to agree that this vehicle is one of the most under rated 4x4's although a bit pricey and under power. I just order a chip from Petrol Power and will hopefully receive it tomorrow cant wait and also replaced the filter with a K&N. Next step will most probably be BF's and then the suspension upgrade. Done some off roading last December in the Kruger National Park and a off road track at the place we stayed. We are going to the eastern Cape for December so I will really need the extra power.

hi guys
    just to get you to druel a bit , i am off to Botswana in December in my Terios. was super impressed last year, so thought that i would do it again this year! i will provide a trip over view when back in CT..
    just busy designing a lighter weight drawer system (previous one was steel and worked like a bomb). any one know where i can buy aluminium in CT northern suburbs?
    thanks!

Robin
    2010 Mitsubishi Triton 3.2 D ID D/C P/U
    Kitted out and ready for an African safari....

Plenty of people miss their share of happiness, not because they never found it, but because they did not stop to enjoy it....

Hi Terorris, did you do Botswana already in you Terios last year? I am very interested in hearing your feed back. I also have a Terios as well as a very seriously modified Terracan V6 petrol but heavy on petrol. We did a trip to Mokala three weeks ago in the Terios towing our off-road trailer - did just over 2400km with detours from Somerset West and back. The Terios performed amazing with trailer behind and my average fuel consumption was 10.5 Lt / 100 km. See photo's attached. The Terios really impressed and I and would like to hear from other Terios owners that did some long trips of how they experienced this little terrior. I would like to know of Botswana and Namibia experiences in the Terios. If positive I can then sell my big petrol gussler and only rely on the Terios. I am not a Kingsley Hollgate and only want to experience Namibia and Botswana.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0006.jpg 
Views:	987 
Size:	109.5 KB 
ID:	169851   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Somerset West-20120705-00091.jpg 
Views:	1312 
Size:	106.5 KB 
ID:	169852  

Default Cool trailer

Hi adalwolf,

If you don't mind - what are the specs on your trailer?

Weight, stuff fitted, etc?

I'm planning a build and would like to go as light as possible(still being sturdy)
    Nissan NP300 Hardbody S/C 4x4 2.4
    ZR6WGR

Default terios owners

hi Adalwolf....I'm in exactly the same situation as you...own a cruiser and terios. Can't justify additional expense for fuel for visiting these far off places that can easily be done at more than half the cost in a terios....obviously in less comfort and with less packing space...but heck, life is about compromises!

Completed 5000km Botswana/Namibia trip in July....terrain ranging from tar, to normal dirt road, to deep sand and Okovango swamp crossings...all done with no issues at all.

So yes, if you plan on towing trailer on normal dirt roads and no off roading where trailer will be a drag, go for it!

cheers
    Paul

Wink

Hi Paul,

I have found that with more space you tend to take more stuff.....

Less space: Less stuff: Less clutter?
    ZR6WGR

Hi Paul, thanks for the reply on you Namibia / Botswana trip in the Terios. We are luckily just two people and find there is ample packing space in the Terios combined with the trailer. I was really impress with the Terios's towing ability!!
    Willieg, the trailer was custom build for me by Bantam trailers in Parow. The tarra is 500 kg and GVM is 1180 kg, which is the same as the tarra of the Terios. It has a 1600 Kg braked axle, main load space is 1.8m long and a nose cone fitted. It have a back and side door with sliding drawers. See photo's attached. The first 2 photo's was taken at Bantam's factory. I am going to post a thread on the trailer section with more detail and photo's later. I also had a side tent made for the roof top Impi tent that is fitted to the trailer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Parow-20120704-00087.jpg 
Views:	576 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	170021   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Parow-20120704-00089.jpg 
Views:	555 
Size:	71.7 KB 
ID:	170022   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00233.jpg 
Views:	523 
Size:	119.1 KB 
ID:	170023   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00259.jpg 
Views:	482 
Size:	106.7 KB 
ID:	170024  
    Last edited by adalwolf; 2012/10/11 at 09:30 AM.

Default terios owners

hi Willieg, quite right about the more space... the more you want to take. We have managed quite well thus far...proper planning and packing sorts out 95% of potential issues...I even have space for 2 tents (a 3 man pop up tent for 1 night and a bigger tent for longer stay overs)

Adalawolf, that's a very nice trailer setup you got there. Enjoy!

Default Terios upgrades

Hi all Terios owners I just phoned Daihatsu Centurion they have an aftermarket freeflow from the Off Roader which you can fit for R3700 without fitment I think it is a bit steep as I can get a system from TNT for R1800 but my Terios is still under warranty is the system from Daihatsu worth the money? The springs they quoted me R850 each without fitment. I already have a K&N filter and waiting for my chip but thanks to the strikes I do not know when I will get it.

Talking Terios owners and upgrades

Adalwof - THANKS A LOT for the info on the trailer. Can't wait for more pics

Paul - it is only the wife and I(usually) - if the old dragon(mother-in-law) comes with - no tent

Ignatius - The factory zorst is a bit stiff,what? [email protected]! The springs too! Tell you what - I'll hook up with a buddy of mine about the springs - give me a couple of days........ From whom did you order the K&N?
    ZR6WGR

I got it from ATS Motorsport in Bergbron, I stay around the corner from them (R661).

Adalwolf - did you get my PM re the trip?
    Ignatius - i paid R 450 each for my springs, so R 850 is a bit steep! how much is the chip, make?

Robin
    2010 Mitsubishi Triton 3.2 D ID D/C P/U
    Kitted out and ready for an African safari....

Plenty of people miss their share of happiness, not because they never found it, but because they did not stop to enjoy it....

Terorris - I paid R3074, Petrol Power they are in Cape Town I only got it this morning so I will be installing it tonight hopefully it will make a difference. Did you got your springs from Diahatsu?

Hi Terorris, Thanks I got your PM. Much appreciated. That is exactly what I wanted to hear. I am having the off-road coil springs fitted which according to Daihatsu will give the Terios an extra 35mm lift. I am also going for the brospeed freeflow to gain the extra power and torque.
    Thanks again for the trip report and happy travelling with your Terios.!!

Hi Willieg, I posted some more photos of the trailer in the Trailer / Caravan section under the post "My custom build Bantam Trailer". If you want any more info please ask.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for coming back to me

SUPER COOL!

Still waiting for the Lamborgrini to come back from the agent's. I'll keep everyone informed when I start my mods, and the build on the trailer
    ZR6WGR

Page 3 of 115 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 28 53 103 ... LastLast