serendipity trails with a nissan navara?

Default serendipity trails with a nissan navara?

Hi I want to know if there is someone that recently did Serendipity trails and can tell me how the trail looked after all the rain difficulty etc... We are going to do the trail and I am not too sure if a Nissan navara (stock standard suspension, with side steps and 17'' BF A/T) will be able to do the route. In respect of the ground clearance. It is a D/C 4x4 2.5dci with towbar, factory bull-bar, and factory Navara side steps.

How rough is the route? We are a group that drives a 60series Land Cruiser, Mitsubishi Pajero 3.5 Blister and a Nissan Navara 2.5dci 4x4 D/C. I am sure the Cruiser and the pajero is save in respect of ground clearance but it's the Navara I'm worried about.

Thanks
    2008 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2 did lwb gls

2003 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2 did gls swb

Sold: 2000 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.5 v6 F/L LWB Blister fender

Serendipity is 'n slegte grondpad! Daar is dalk maklike vlak 3 hindernisse -niks meer nie!
    Everything is a hammer.
    Unless it is a screw driver.

Then it it a chisel.

I've been there when guys in a Freelander drove it comfortably
    Freddie du Preez
    '97 Defender 90 2.8i (Lots of extras) (SOLD SADLY)
    1999 Disco II V8 Auto (SOLD)
    '07 Disco 3 TDV6 S
    08 Defender 130

We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace.
    William E. Gladstone

We got back from a few days at Serendipity today- they actually have three trails,a longish one of 3 hours+, no prob,going off to the right of this is a Toyota testing(sponsored) trail,couple of dodgy parts where I managed to get stuck through a baboon jumping in front of me at a critical moment(my excuse)-had to be recoveredby RangieRover.Then after the main dam there is a tricky river zig zag where the two Defenders went through-just,we had to pull a tree away to let the 2nd Defender through without damage-we didn't damage the tree.The other Range Rover and my Disco took the escape route. We then did the one hour technical section- two parts had very deep water-over the bonnet,I got a bit of water in the cab and I've got a lift,another two sections we walked and decided against trying-far too deep.
    But we all came home with no damage
    But check under Regional-Guateng-Serendipity,there should be pics and a report soon-I hope.
    A legend in his own mind

Also did the long trail the weekend just after they had 200mm of rain with no problem. The Navara might be a bit low. I will defnitely take off the side steps because they will take a hammering. Just before the dam there is an option to go down into a valley, marked as downhill and/or expereinced drivers only - to your right. This is the most beautifull part of the trail and it is not difficult. Start early, before 9 and take it slow.

Enjoy!
    Willem Grobler
    LC 105 GX

I put some pics here:
    http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...360#post481360

Don't know if it gives a good indication of the trail condition.

I did the trail in a Navara a month or so back. Break-over angle is a problem. Remove the running boards - and throw them away before you go. This trail convinced me to dump mine! When I'm big, I will invest in decent rocksliders.