Conquest Tent wrong way round?

Default Conquest Tent wrong way round?

Hi all you Conqueror Conquest owners. I plan to buy one, so if SWAMBO wants you to clear the yard or you want to upgrade, contact me! The Conquest's tent seem to be mounted the other way round than the norm - it seems the nosecone is under the most-used awning instead of the rear compartment with the fridge. Is this not a problem? Can the tent be bolted loose and mounted on the other way?

The tent is rivited to the trailer, but can be turned around - about 3 hour's work.
    Everything is a hammer.
    Unless it is a screw driver.

Then it it a chisel.

If you turn the tent around - the room will open in the kitchen area and your clothes will be on the other side - me thinks.

As far as i know the conquerer awning is loose from the tent (or used to be) and are all side same side.
    [SIGPIC]
    Nelspruit (Mbombela)
    2015 Pajero Sport - Shogun
    2009 Triton 2.5 DiD 4x4 - (EGR blanked off and DPF ("CAT") removed - )
    Echo 1 Trailer & Howling Moon Trailer Tent
    VHF - 4x4Com - 1047 / 29 Mhz - ZRB 4759

Quote Originally Posted by HannesvZ View Post
    If you turn the tent around - the room will open in the kitchen area and your clothes will be on the other side - me thinks.

As far as i know the conquerer awning is loose from the tent (or used to be) and are all side same side.
    Yup, forgot to mention that one would have to swop the minibar and kitchen cupboards if you rotate the tent.

Rion

Quote Originally Posted by Uys View Post
    The tent is rivited to the trailer, but can be turned around - about 3 hour's work.
    Thanks Uys, this is one reason why I might want to move the fridge to a front door.

Rion

If I remember correctly, looking at the trailer from the front, the tent opens to the right hand side. On that side you will have the one side panel opening and call it standard it won't have any extra shelfs in there except the one at the rear which should be empty. Then there is the front swing open door where they would want you to put your "cupboard" for clothing. The rear swing up door which also houses the spare hides your fridge slide. Can be a pain in the neck to close that door if the extra weight of the spare is not on there to help compress the gas shocks which helps to keep the door open in the first place.
    And then the thing which always got me on most trailers is the kitchen setup on the left side. There they put the stove and cutlery etc. Just think about pulling to the side of the road for a quick cupa Joe, you have to get right way of the tarmac or you will run the risk of being hit by oncoming traffic. 8)
    So in my opinion the best Conqueror is a mirror image of the norm and then you will have the tent opening to the left with your clothing on that side too, and you can stand next to your trailer at the side of the road and make a quick cup and not have to worry that your bum will be target practise for our fellow countrymen.
    Henk
    So understand
    Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years
    Face up, make your stand
    And realize you're living in the golden years

Quote Originally Posted by Henkus View Post
    If I remember correctly, looking at the trailer from the front, the tent opens to the right hand side. On that side you will have the one side panel opening and call it standard it won't have any extra shelfs in there except the one at the rear which should be empty. Then there is the front swing open door where they would want you to put your "cupboard" for clothing. The rear swing up door which also houses the spare hides your fridge slide. Can be a pain in the neck to close that door if the extra weight of the spare is not on there to help compress the gas shocks which helps to keep the door open in the first place.
    And then the thing which always got me on most trailers is the kitchen setup on the left side. There they put the stove and cutlery etc. Just think about pulling to the side of the road for a quick cupa Joe, you have to get right way of the tarmac or you will run the risk of being hit by oncoming traffic. 8)
    So in my opinion the best Conqueror is a mirror image of the norm and then you will have the tent opening to the left with your clothing on that side too, and you can stand next to your trailer at the side of the road and make a quick cup and not have to worry that your bum will be target practise for our fellow countrymen.
    Thanks Henkus. If the awning or flysheet is something that provides shade all round the trailer, then one can choose where to have your "kuier" area and keep your fridge out of the sun. I would then not need to rotate tent. As for the danger on the road-side ktichen, I would be hesitant to stop so close to any SA road anyway.

I would still consider mounting an additional fridge slide rail in the front door next to the kitchen - even transferring it there from the back slider once you reached your (long term) destination.

Rion

The problem with the fridge at the back is that you limit access to the area below the ammo boxes. This is only about 340mm high, so you have to get in from the side and get down on your tummy to reach anything in there.
    Everything is a hammer.

Then it it a chisel.

Quote Originally Posted by Uys View Post
    The problem with the fridge at the back
    I like the fridge at the back since it helps with weight distribution. Also looking at the conquest.

Rion, the fly sheet is just a big loose piece of canvas to cover everything so you are dead right on that point. If memory serves me right a 80lt slide will not make it out that front door. I might be mistaken on that point though.
    Uys, that is one short coming with the Conqueror wagons, access to stuff inside the trailer. It is a real pain trying to get to stuff that is lying somewhere in the centre. If all the extra brackets are installed on the sides, the cupboard in the front and fridge at the back it is a pain to reach anything beyond those. Not to mention the challenge for shorter persons.
    Still like them though, very easy to put up the tents and even easier to fold everything closed again.
    Henk
    So understand
    Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years
    Face up, make your stand
    And realize you're living in the golden years

If memory serves me right a 80lt slide will not make it out that front door. I might be mistaken on that point though.
    No! you are right.

Uys, that is one short coming with the Conqueror wagons, access to stuff inside the trailer. It is a real pain trying to get to stuff that is lying somewhere in the centre. If all the extra brackets are installed on the sides, the cupboard in the front and fridge at the back it is a pain to reach anything beyond those. Not to mention the challenge for shorter persons.
    Still like them though, very easy to put up the tents and even easier to fold everything closed again.
    Yip! That is why I did my kitchen the way it is. I am also busy with a drawer systems on a Compact for somebody - for the very same reason!
    Everything is a hammer.

Then it it a chisel.