Chloorkop this weekend? Anyone going

Default Chloorkop this weekend? Anyone going

Hi,

My dad and myself want to go to chloorkop, never been and heard it is good. Anyone else going to be there we could perhaps meet up with, or someone wants to come with us? We will be a Frontier and a KB.

What is the cost and can I take a braai with?

Cheers
    Jaco

Chloorkop is free, it's a old abandoned trail,must have been excellent in its time. Its getting developed-they are working there,so check the trail,the exit on a climb might have been bulldozed away! There are a lot of worshippers there getting babtised,not the place to braai and its not exactly pretty. But a good hard trail.Its on Utube as well as a lot of pics here. Last time we were there we had a vehicle drown,broken diff,broken 1/2 shaft,body damage etc-Take recovery gear,we did 9 recoveries that day! Enjoy,wish I could join you.
    A legend in his own mind

Hi,

Did not realize it was free, last I saw guys were paying still, but I saw the pics from the 7th of March, see you were there. That inspired us a bit. Were not planning too go wild, will take a drive around, mess around, nothing too hectic, unless we by some change meet up with more people there... Got the recovery gear dad got winch, got my new shackles and kinetic strap yesterday, and have had the spade for years now... usually it is not me using it

Thanks. Will go this morning at about 10.

Cheers
    P.S If thats you Disco on the pic she looks very good.
    Last edited by sweeper; 2010/03/20 at 07:23 AM.

Remember to post pics sweeper?
    A legend in his own mind

Howzit,

Ok, done.... and not going back soon, It was definitely a good trail once upon a time, but you are dead right about the worshippers and other characters. We did some of the obsticles, was fun, the frontier of course went where I can't in the DC. What bothered me most was a lot of trees that scratch the car.

Myself, got stuck, almost drowned in a little puddle, at least I thought that. Went charging in and all of a sudden the nose took a dive and that was that. I switched the engine off immediately and we used the snatch rope and shackles I got yesterday(good thing I did) water came in the cab and had to clean the airbox, had some water in. Fortunately she did not drink and she is all good.

Will post some pics, was good fun though, difinitely a place to go to with more cars, 5+ Just felt a bit vulnerable with just the 2 cars.

Also found a couple of number plates in that puddle, none broken but someone lost them. Let me know if someone is missing them.

Cheers, we must go ride some time. We also go to Chimes on weekends, bit better WRT wear on the car, and more company between quads, bikes and chimes guys.
    Last edited by sweeper; 2010/03/20 at 07:26 PM.

that place has been the death of many a car! my kinda playground.
    Turnkey Construction Projects, Commercial, industrial, Domestic
    Importers: Diving gear, Compressed air cylinders for diving and airgun industry, 4x4 equipment.
    Manufacturers: Pofadder Kinetic ropes, Recovery kits, Synthetic winch ropes
    Vehicles: Modifications and installations, Special application vehicles
    Driver training: 4x4, Defensive
    [email protected]
    +27824453301

Yup,thats Chloorkop-changes every time I go there through weather or by bulldozers.We always go with about five 4x4's,last time I broke a 1/2 shaft and needed pulling up a hill from two V8's,would never think about doing it alone. Did you see the broken windshields? Thats from rollovers.
    A legend in his own mind

Did not see the windscreens, it is definitaly a place for the death of your car! Even if you dont break it it will realy wear the car down quick.

The 2 number plates I have start with YFY and PMH, call me if anybody needs them, not broken, just missing their owners. Found them in the spot I went swimming..
    Cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00124.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	55074   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00262.JPG 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	55075   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00263.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	55076   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00264.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	55077   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00265.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	55078   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00266.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	55079   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00267.JPG 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	55080   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00268.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	55081  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00270.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	68.2 KB 
ID:	55082   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00271.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	55083  
    Last edited by sweeper; 2010/03/21 at 10:21 AM.

And?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    A legend in his own mind

Ok they are on, but only if when I got stuck, dad has the rest on his camera. Put one of his frontier from Hennops just to show what it looks like.

Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by sweeper View Post
    Did not see the windscreens, it is definitaly a place for the death of your car! Even if you dont break it it will realy wear the car down quick.

The 2 number plates I have start with YFY and PMH, call me if anybody needs them, not broken, just missing their owners. Found them in the spot I went swimming..
    Cheers
    Hi Sweeper

That puddle where your DC almost drowned is exactly the same one where my Disco almost drowned. The mud went in the airbox! The airfilter looked like a mud cake. Luckily no mud got in the motor. I got a sock from Goosen and disconected the whole assemble and replaced with the sock. I lost a MAF sensor though... Still waiting for the replacement, I got one but is was a dud so had to send it back

I dont think Chloorkop will see me soon.
    Chimes is to much mine sand for me, that stuff is like Acid, still struggling to get it off the Landy and I been there 2months ago!
    Chris

"Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing" Helen Keller

1996 Range Rover P38 4,6 HSE
    1977 LandRover Series III 109" Project

Hi Crips,

I had a Golf TDI, MAF went and I soaked it in petrol, took it apart and let it stand in a tub with petrol. Worked perfect after that. Try that, might save you some money.

Yeah, it is amazing, looks like nothing, next thing you just nose dive, front left especially. Chimes clay I get off quite easily with the high pressure cleaner. But then again I am religous about cleaning as soon as I get back from trip.

Cheers

Hi

I also try cleaning as best I can after a trip but it's a bit hard getting under the car.
    I'm getting a hi-lift jack this week and I got two axel stands (bokkies) for 4-8 ton truck from a friend so hopefully cleaning should be easy from now on.

I'll try soaking it in petrol, nothing ventured nothing gained.
    Chris

"Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing" Helen Keller

1996 Range Rover P38 4,6 HSE
    1977 LandRover Series III 109" Project

Think this is the same 'puddle'-taken last year,after that Rage101 and myself NEARLY bogged down in it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    A legend in his own mind

LMAO , i've lost 2 number plates on seperate occasions in that mud hole !

Im pretty sure the YFY one is mine , would love to get it from you sometime , ( i have a spare set in the car all the time these days )

Chloorkop is awesome with lots of rough stuff to do , but the trees do leave nasty marks afterwards
    Make sure you spray your raditor clean, i've had the car overheating after mud like that
    Last edited by rage101; 2010/03/22 at 09:06 PM.
    Clayton Miles
    Benoni
    D4 V8 HSE
    Navara 2.5 DCI 4x4 8)

hehe, I am in Germiston, Dinwiddie, call me if you ever near, will keep it for you. I did clean it nicely, the fan, just clean the mud out with the motor running at 2000 RPM. sucks all the crap out nicely. The biggest job was stripping front wheels to clean....

Jaco
    084 608 3433