New Section of Hennops? Open to public?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default New Section of Hennops? Open to public?

I remember a while back there was talk of a new section at Hennops. Is it open yet?

Feel like some quick Wheeling but the rest of Hennops is pretty boring. Dont feel like doing Hennops Pride again so soon though. Something In between would be nice.
    Stu.
    Current:
    06 Wrangler Sahara. 3.5inch Rubicon Express and Bilstein lift, Metalcloak control arms, 1.25" RC Body Lift, 1" JKS MotorMount Lift, Zone Disconnects, BFG KM2 33's
    NO LOCKER NEEDED!!!
    KTM 1190 Adventure

Going to Hennops Eco tomorrow morning.

In don't know of any new parts to the trail.

De Wildt opened a new section a while ago ?
    Jacques Greyling
    All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing
    1999 Prado 3.4 V6

I'm not aware of any new section at Hennops Eco.... If you go, ask at the gate and let us know......
    Sakkie Coetzee

Some people say I have a "short temper"....I see it as swift and assertive reaction to Bull!

Stu Try bosvark... yea Hennops is a bit boring... felt as if one can do most of it in 4H
    Live without limits

Quote Originally Posted by koeks View Post
    Stu Try bosvark... yea Hennops is a bit boring... felt as if one can do most of it in 2H, backwards, with your eyes closed
    Fixed that for you Vusi

Thumbs up

THERE IS A NEW TRAIL AT HENNOPS. It might be called "Klipdrift" (name says it all) and YOU DEFINITELY NEED 4X4 LO RANGE FOR THIS NEW TRAIL! Towards the end of last year the Jeepclub actually drove the first half as it wasn't 100% complete at the time. A few of us (including the owner) recently did it again just to keep it visible after recent rains. Must admit that being a new track, it is quite challenging but I'm sure it will get smoother and easier as it gets driven more often. First part of the trail will take you at least 3hrs and the complete trail (including the hill) about 4-5 hrs.

Just spoke to Heinrich from Hennops - you can contact him and do the trial through prior arrangement (PM me for his number). I think you will have to be at least a group of 4 vehicles. In my opinion the rating of most of the obstacles vary between 3-4, especially if you do the part where you go over the back of a hill (definitely at least a 4 rating!). We will probably have to do this specific section again in order to clearly mark the trail going over the rocky terrain. Ask Heinrich about this one, as there are some logistical issues that need to be sorted out first. Initially I never thought one could actually drive this part but once we got the larger rocks out of the way, some std 4x4 double cabs managed to get through. This section is definitely a must if you're looking for a real challenge!

The trail is quite a rocky ride but the rocks aren't really the type that will damage your tires. The part over the hill may need some careful attention and co-driver assistance though..

The trail is still new and not yet advertised on their site or any other marketing material, so you will have to contact Hennops directly for more info. Definitely more challenging than the existing trails at Hennops (which by now most of us can drive eyes closed..)!
    2008 JEEP RUBiCON
    3.5 LIFT with ADJUSTABLE FOX SHOCKS
    37" COOPER STT
    SPRINTEX SUPERCHARGER

This is GREAT NEWS!! We need a LEKKER challenging trail closer to home...the ones around here are way too tame.....

WANNEER GAAN ONS?
    Sakkie Coetzee

Some people say I have a "short temper"....I see it as swift and assertive reaction to Bull!

Quote Originally Posted by hoenner View Post
    De Wildt opened a new section a while ago ?

Yip, we did it on Sunday and it is BORING! It like 200m of Gert se klip!
    Everything is a hammer.
    Unless it is a screw driver.

Then it it a chisel.

Nee man Uys.....Gert se klip is darm bietjie styller, al is hy baie kort. Jy wil nou net weer skimp dat daai Tuna meer capable is as wat hy rerig is.....
    Sakkie Coetzee

Sakkie.

Daar is regtig niks moeilik aan die ding nie - dis 'n klip wat aanhou stamp vir ewig maar met die regte lyn ry mens reg deur die ding sonder isssues! Niks speel nie!

O ja, en verwys asb in die toekom na die Tuna as "DIE SILVER TUNA" en altyd in hoofletters!
    Everything is a hammer.
    Unless it is a screw driver.

Then it it a chisel.

.....ek het nie gedink jy't al die ondervinging om te dink daai nuwe stukkie is vervelig nie...........en hoeveel klip krapmerke het daai tuna al op die dak...
    Sakkie Coetzee

Die nuwe gedeelte by De Wildt is nice maar kort!! Die addisionele mens gemaakte obstacles fasineer my nie eintlik nie - ek verkies die natuur met sy eie, natuurlike challenges!

By Hennops zig-zag die nuwe gedeelte, soos die ou trail ook deur 'n droë rivier bedding. Die hellings is net steiler en dus meer challenging. Kan net dink hoeveel meer pret dit gaan wees as die kruisgate eers mooi begin vorm..

Ons behoort binnekort die tweede helfte weer te gaan ry om die pad duideliker te merk en 'n paar ander issues uit te sort. Sal julle laat weet presies wanneer vir díe wat dalk belangstel om saam te kom.
    2008 JEEP RUBiCON
    3.5 LIFT with ADJUSTABLE FOX SHOCKS
    37" COOPER STT
    SPRINTEX SUPERCHARGER

Dankie Jeep Club wat die nuwe seksie GEBOU het, nie net GERY het nie

Ended up not driving anything this weekend,

My Buddy (Teddy for the guys that know him) got Hijacked while leaving after visiting me and my SO at her place. He's fine but they made off with his Jeep, Phone and wallet.

His Jeep was recovered about an hour, 7 bullet holes, a flat tyre and torn off right front fender later. But at least it was recovered.

Be careful out there guys, and I don't mean while offroading

This was in Killarney (not exactly a dodgy area) and the Jee was recovere in Bellevue/Yeoville sorta area.
    Stu.
    Current:
    06 Wrangler Sahara. 3.5inch Rubicon Express and Bilstein lift, Metalcloak control arms, 1.25" RC Body Lift, 1" JKS MotorMount Lift, Zone Disconnects, BFG KM2 33's
    NO LOCKER NEEDED!!!
    KTM 1190 Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by roadhawg View Post
    My Buddy (Teddy for the guys that know him) got Hijacked while leaving after visiting me and my SO at her place. He's fine but they made off with his Jeep, Phone and wallet.
    His Jeep was recovered about an hour, 7 bullet holes, a flat tyre and torn off right front fender later. But at least it was recovered.
    This was in Killarney (not exactly a dodgy area) and the Jee was recovere in Bellevue/Yeoville sorta area.
    Hey Stu, please send my best wishes to Teddy. Although his Jeep was recovered, it is a traumatic experience.

I didn't think they hijacked Jeeps I guess they just needed a vehicle for whatever crime needed to be committed that night.

I am going playing on Saturday. More than likely InTheGorge as I need to arrange the open day. I will contact you during the week if you're keen.

Tell Teddy to leave the bullet holes and just add the military stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep4fun View Post
    Hey Stu, please send my best wishes to Teddy. Although his Jeep was recovered, it is a traumatic experience.

I didn't think they hijacked Jeeps I guess they just needed a vehicle for whatever crime needed to be committed that night.

I am going playing on Saturday. More than likely InTheGorge as I need to arrange the open day. I will contact you during the week if you're keen.

Tell Teddy to leave the bullet holes and just add the military stars.
    Ya man its messed up hey. I cant do saturday but can sunday if it changes.
    Stu.
    Current:
    NO LOCKER NEEDED!!!
    KTM 1190 Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep4fun View Post
    So I take it they finally delivered your gears? WingatGP and I went to in the gorge the other day alot of the stuff has been damaged by the rain but it was still fun...

04 Jeep Wrangler
    2" Zone Off-Road Lift with quick disconnects8)
    31" BFG Mud KM2

"You know you drive a TJ when you buy one of the most capable offroad vehicles on the market and then replace everything on it to go offroading."

that's shocking Stu... i wondered why you did sms or call, i thought you must have had a hectic sat... but at least teddy is fine.... it's scary just thinking about it man.

Was it not the same place your jeep got broken into?
    Live without limits

Quote Originally Posted by koeks View Post
    that's shocking Stu... i wondered why you did sms or call, i thought you must have had a hectic sat... but at least teddy is fine.... it's scary just thinking about it man.

Was it not the same place your jeep got broken into?

Ya hell man sorry. After that happened everything else went out the window so thats why i didnt sms. My bad.

Yeah same place. It seemed opportunistic though. He said when he was walking to his Jeep he saw a white car (he thinkks C-Class a witness says 5series Beemer) driving down the road. He thought nothing of it. Got in his car, was about to start it when the car reversed to block him and 2 guys jumped out. Then he kinda realised. So it seems they were driving past.

Spoke to him last night and the bullet holes it now has were from the cars. Apparently the Jeep also hit another guy coming out of his driveway and put the driver in ICU. Pretty crap deal hey.

But yeah. Ted's good. He's rolling in a Citigolf for now though heheh. I'll try get him to come as co-pilot on sunday
    Stu.
    Current:
    NO LOCKER NEEDED!!!
    KTM 1190 Adventure

Ya hell man sorry. After that happened everything else went out the window so thats why i didnt sms. My bad.
    i don't think anyone would think clearly after such [email protected]

But yeah. Ted's good. He's rolling in a Citigolf for now though heheh. I'll try get him to come as co-pilot on sunday
    hell yeah
    Live without limits

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast