Urban legend, web scam, email scam, gullible rubbish, whatever: Recent threads merged - Page 8

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

If they are not a member of the Wireless Application Service Providers' Association ...stay clear !!!

"..I’ve got a considerable database to whom I can start marketing right away "

What about the confidentiality of customers' personal information and the fact that you can not sell or distribute such information to any other party without the explicit consent of the customer ?

Report SMS spam here http://www.waspa.org.za/code/complaints.php
    Last edited by Kilo Bravo; 2009/07/28 at 07:21 PM.

Hey , you can remain cynical and do business the same old way and get the same old results. Or you can join the e-commerce way of doing things, and access a far wider client base and yes even make money while you're sleeping.

I don't know if this company is legite or not, but short service no's are the way to go. If done properly you can make money. Thats why so many corporates have jumped on this band wagon.

Its also the reason that goverment are investigating the business practice, because it turns astronomical amounts of money p/a.
    Freddie du Preez
    '97 Defender 90 2.8i (Lots of extras) (SOLD SADLY)
    1999 Disco II V8 Auto (SOLD)
    '07 Disco 3 TDV6 S
    08 Defender 130

We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace.
    William E. Gladstone

If it's that successful, why would they want you to do it? They can rather do it themselves and pocket the money themselves...
    SWAMBO
    2009 Suzuki Grand Vitara 3.2i V6 Auto
    Me
    2003 Ford Focus 2.0

Eurard: For T=2; ½T=1 but, 1/2T=¼

Legitimate selling via the web I have no problem with but these short code companies are 99.99999999% con artists! Like mentioned before even to get them to stop and get off their list you have to pay. And 9 times out of 10 they have numerous items for sale... so you as the poor sucker have to SMS them everytime to get off each product list... even @ R2 a go they make money off you when you never contacted them it the first place! AND because most are scumbags they actually never take you off the lists anyway, so all you do is suffer in silence or make enough of a stink with the governing body that they eventually might let you go. Furthermore it is precisely this type of industry that fuels the identity theft syndrome as databases are sold for the contact details that they contain!
    Gary
    2005 Nissan X-Trail 2.5 4x4 (SOLD)
    2006 Honda Civic 1.8 VXI (It's complicated)
    2005 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2 Di-D GLX LWB (Yay!)

4x4 Action Group GP0114

What would you do if you knew you could not fail

Quote Originally Posted by jdjoubert View Post
    So YOU sir are one of those irritating mofos who send all the those SPAM sms's to my phone?

I have a proposal for you.........

Give me your personal cell nr, cause I've got a bussiness proposal I want to dicuss with you at 3am tomorrow morning.
    I get those "middle of the night" calls, usually anonymous no number cowards - road rage is nothing, wait until you see cellphone-rage, but alas, the culprit may be on a far side of the country, unreachable, .....
    Johan Mitchell, .... r.i.v. Swambo Marthie

My beste kennis is dié oor my eie onkunde

'96 Colt DC V8 ... Safari Camper ... '88 Fleetline L
    '88 Ballade 150.
    "The rule here is that there is no rule" .. MikeAG

chas84 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jdjoubert View Post
    So YOU sir are one of those irritating mofos who send all the those SPAM sms's to my phone?

I have a proposal for you.........

Give me your personal cell nr, cause I've got a bussiness proposal I want to dicuss with you at 3am tomorrow morning.
    hehe I can assure you I don't call anybody unless they ask me to - and then I only call them during 9AM and 4Pm weekdays only. The only sms's I would send are order updates, payment confirmation and delivery confirmations - also only 9AM to 4PM weekdays.

Believe it or not, I also get phoned by (Mainly) insurance companies and the travel people. I win cars alsomst weekly, from competitions I don't enter apparently at a petrol garage or shopping center, lol

chas84 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fabfender View Post
    you can remain cynical and do business the same old way and get the same old results. Or you can join the e-commerce way of doing things, and access a far wider client base and yes even make money while you're sleeping.
    I couldn't agree more... It's the best feeling in the world to have set up a successful e-com business that virtually runs itself, and just about everytime you check e-mail there's an order or payment notification. Oh and the midnight sms's from the bank notifying of payments into your account is also another nice thing to look forward to each morning

Default SMS Boodskap

Ek het gister 'n SMS boodskap ontvang. Dit kom daarop neer dat my sel nommer het vir my 'n bedrag geld gewen. Om dit op te eis moet ek 'n sekere persoon by 'n gegewe E pos Adres kontak en 'n verwyssings nommer verskaf. Is dit eg of net weer 'n skelm strek? Ek is half kopsku vir die tipe van ding.

watse tip email adres is dit?
    As dit a free een is dan is dit heelmoontlik. as dit n legit maatskappy is dan kan jy dalk in kyk daarop.

Maar moenie jou hopes up kry as jy nie daai bedrag wen nie
    If you don't have a sense of humour, you probably don't have any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ou toppie View Post
    net weer 'n skelm strek
    Yip, jy is heeltemal reg! As jy hulle kontak moet jy eers betaal om jou geld te kan eis... en dan raak hulle net weg.

SUSPENSION FOR THE FUTURE www.amadaxtreme.co.za
    Diamond Park nr2, 86 Jakaranda Str, Hennopspark, Centurion, GPS: 25°51'50.2 E28°09'58.2
    Cobus Böhmer CEL: 071 641 7947 Email: cobus@amadaxtreme.co.za

4ePikanini Guest

doen n google search "[email address] hoax" en kyk of iets wys.

Ek sou nie twee keer gekyk het nie. Niks is vir niks, en ek glo nie aan feetjies wat geld uitdeel omdat hulle jou sel nommer laaik nie.

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    Ek sou nie twee keer gekyk het nie. Niks is vir niks, en ek glo nie aan feetjies wat geld uitdeel omdat hulle jou sel nommer laaik nie.
    I agree. If you don't enter a competition, how can you win anything?
    LC 78 Troopie 1HD-FTE
    +27 zero eight 2 four 95 9252

Rocky Guest

NIGERIAN 419 Scam

Jy gaan 5000 USD moet betaal om jou 10 miljoen pond te kan kry .

Jy mors jou tyd en jou geld as jy nie pasop nie

Ja, dit bevestig net my vermoede. Dit gaan oor Fifa en die bedrag is 'n paar miljoen US dollar. Die E pos adres eindig met.com.hk. Ek het net vir interesantheid 'n toets gedoen en dit wil vooekom of die adres eg is, maar na my mening beteken dit niks.

'n Kruiwa vol twak. $paar miljoen? Haha
    Sold Land Rover 110 Tdi Hard top.
    Crank driven compressor http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...ad.php?t=42059

Sold: 2000 Discovery2 V8 Auto

Current: 2005 Subaru Outback 3.0R: Mommy wagon, strapped to a rocket. What a car!

Orra call sign B226

AS jy 'n LOTTO kaartjie KOOP wen jy nie eers iets nie so hoekom sal mens iets wen as jy nie eers ingeskryf het nie?
    V8 Cruiser & Comfort trailer
    The first 40 years of childhood are the toughest!

Cool

Ek staan tans oor die $256 000 000 sterk. Ek het niks daarvoor gedoen nie, nie eers gewerk nie.....

Dit is 'n baie bevoorregte posisie om in te wees behalwe, ek moet die vervlakste geld nog gaan OPEIS. Van die geld is nagelaat in Kenia deur 'n Amerikaner en nou soek hul net 'n bankrekening nommer om dit in te deponeer ens.

Nee wat, delete die snert en moenie eers terug antwoord nie. Nogal jammer, sou kon doen met 'n stel Kumho's...
    Current 2013 Ssangyong Korando 2 2.0 AWD A/T
    Sold 2013 Mahindra Sorpio 2.2 M-Hawk
    Sold 1999 Ssangyong Korando 2.3

Its a hoax...

2019 Ford Ranger 3.2 Tdci XLT DC Auto
    2007 Daihatsu Terios ​Sold
    2015 Ford Ranger DC XLS Sold
    2013 Land Rover Defender Pickup 90 LE - Savannah - Sold
    2007 Land Rover Defender Puma SW90 - Brutus - Sold

Ai Ou Top hoe lank is jy al in die land.
    There is no such thing as a free lunch.

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast