Urban legend, web scam, email scam, gullible rubbish, whatever: Recent threads merged - Page 5

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Got this in the mail, best of all is I do not have an FNB account !!

Dear Customer

Attention! Your NetBanking account has been violated!

Someone with IP address 81.102.72.19 tried to access your personal account!

Please click the link below and enter your account information to confirm that you are not currently away. You have 48 hours to confirm your account information or your account will be blocked.

To Get Started, Please Click On

http://www.fnb.co.za

This email was sent by the FNB Online server. This is done for your protection.

Security Advisor
    First National Bank a division of FirstRand Bank Limited. An Authorized Financial Services and Credit Provider (NCRCP20)

2008 First National Bank . All rights reserved.

Disclaimer:
    a) FNB reserves the right to refuse an enquiry form sent online without notice. Please note that receipt of online enquiries does not constitute the receipt of a complete application. Further supporting documents and information may be requested
    b) All information provided is confidential. FNB will not be liable for the loss of confidential information through the Internet.
    c) Please note that for online feedbacks, information given is via a non-secured web site. Please bear in mind that the FNB does not warrant the privacy or security of e-mails during the Internet transmission. Therefore, submission of confidential information such as credit card, loan application or balance enquiry via e-mail is not advised.
    Ford 2.5 2005 4x4 SCab

One word.. Philshing. Not a original looking website though.
    '79 Range Rover classic.

Now sadly sold.
    88" series 3"Littlemule"my first diesel.No more Landys, all sold

Well Damdan, unless your surname is also Bezuidenhout, this scamster has got a problem - I received the same exact e-mail.

Now, just to find an appropriate mail bomber.
    Jacques
    Never trust a Chinchilla to hold your balloon.

If you put your mouse over that link and look at the left bottom of your internet explorer (if you activated the status bar) you will see that it links to a complete different website.
    Last edited by Werner; 2009/02/13 at 12:32 PM.
    Werner Goosen

'94 80 Series Toyota Land Cruiser
    '06 Toyota Corolla 1.8 GLS
    '97 Honda African Twin 750

I don't know.....I don't care.....I just don't

Yip.... It's a server in Russia

I received this in my inbox today............

INTERNATIONAL PROMOTIONS / PRIZE AWARD DEPARTMENT.
    HEADQUARTERS: 1A, CANADA SQUARE,CANARY WHARFLONDON E14 5DT, UNITED KINGDOM

REFERENCE Nº: EGS/2251256003/03
    BATCH Nº: 14/0017/1PD

AWARD NOTIFICATION

Flash Budget Finance Lottery of British International Lottery Program wishes to inform you the results of the E-mail address ballot lottery program by the British International Lottery Program held on December 10th, 2008. Your email account was selected as a winner of Five Hundred and Fifty Thousand Pounds Only.

This result is now made available to you and your email address attached in the Category A bonus ball 02, 03, 21, 24, 38, 44, and bonus ball 47. Participants were selected through a computerized ballot system drawn from company and individual email addresses users.

We advice that you keep your winning information confidential until your claims has been processed and your money released to you. This is part of our security protocol to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program. For the release of your winnings, kindly contact your claims agent with the following details to expedite the processing of your prize winning.

1. Full name and address.
    2. Country of Residence
    3. Tel and fax number.
    4. Occupation.

To begin your claim, please contact our Claim Manager at the Claim Department immediately with the following email address; [email protected] OR call on telephone number +44 702 403 6273. All winning must be claimed not later than two weeks from the date of receipt of this email. After this date all prize winning will treated as Unclaimed

Note in order to avoid unnecessary delays; remember to quote your Reference and Batch numbers in all correspondence. Congratulations once again from all our staff and thank you for being part of our special quarterly promotional Lottery program.
    >>
    Yours Sincerely,
    >>
    Mr. Harry Wilson
    (Information and Promotion Manager)
    Last edited by jdjoubert; 2008/12/11 at 08:14 PM.
    No more Jeeps for me for a while.
    2009 Ford Ranger PK 3.0

You are joking about this, but it is actually quite scary how many people fall for these scams and looses loads of cash.

(But thinking of it, I own at least 4 Land Cruisers, wonder where they are?!!!)

Default Beware of this scam!!

Got it in my mail this morning. This is a phishing scam. If you receive something like this from any bank, rather contact them direct. Banks will not ask you send out mail like this..

Dear Standard Bank client
    Closing Accounts and Limiting Account Access

This is your official notification that your account has been Limited. We recently reviewed your credit card and it seems that you are using the same credit card for 2 accounts. As you can read in our User Agreement ( section 5.11 ) opening multiple accounts is strictly forbidden. You are now requested to provide information relevant to your account. Standard Bank will investigate the matter promptly and if the investigation is in your favor, we will restore your account.
    Standard Bank Email ID PP812B22

How can I restore my account access?

Click here and complete the steps to remove limitations.

Completing all of the checklist items will automatically restore your account access.

Thank you for using Standard Bank! The Standard Bank Team Copyright 2007 Standard Bank Inc. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Standard Bank is located at 2211 N. First St., San Jose, CA 95131.

Last edited by Tinus; 2009/01/16 at 08:30 AM.

Just look at all the spelling errors....??
    89 110 V8

A closed mouth gathers no foot

Quote Originally Posted by scottys_sa View Post
    Just look at all the spelling errors....??
    hmm they spell better than i do.....
    '94 Land Rover Defender 110, 200tdi

COFFEE.EXE Missing - Insert Cup and Press Any Key

Tinus van rensburg Guest

I received 2 of them this morning.One from Nedbank and one from Standard.
    I dont even have an account at Nedbank.

Also received the same email this morning, forwarded it to Standard Bank Fraud division.

What grates me is how easily they get hold of our email addresses.

I clicked the link....

"The page you are trying to open has been reported as fraudulent. It will likely attempt to trick you into sharing personal or financial information. Opera Software strongly discourages visiting this page."

EDIT: And then being persistent, I ignored the warning and proceed to the website. This is what you get.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by KobusDJ; 2009/01/16 at 09:31 AM.
    Kobus

HDJ81 VX

No offence but what kind of moegoe inputs that sort of info??
    So much to see, so little time...

2000 Gen2.5 V6 Pajero

I got a phone call the other evening, apparently from a Standard Bank call center (private number/ number not shown)
    The first, last and only mistake they made was to ask me to confirm my details - account number, ID, address etc.

I told them to buggerof and put down the phone.
    The next morning I phoned their call center on the official 086 yadayada number and asked some detail related to this call.

No reference was found of them contacting me.............in any regard.
    Jacques
    Never trust a Chinchilla to hold your balloon.

Cool Who wants to wind this one up.

Quote"
    Hello
    My name is Chantal, i saw your profile today at fotki.com and became intrested in you, i will also like to know you the more, and i want you to send an email to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom i am. Here is my email address( [email protected] ). I believe we can move from here! (Remeber the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)
    Thanks Yours inlove,
    Chantal.
    "Unquote

I'm a bit short of bandwidth or I would do it myself. She/it does not have my e mail address, I got the message through Fotki. Have fun.
    '79 Range Rover classic.

Now sadly sold.

Bob have you heard from Chantal yet?

(just don't give her my details!!!)
    Last edited by JohnT; 2009/01/27 at 07:03 PM.
    Toyota Hilux 2.5 D4D SRX

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated - Ghandi

Talking

Bob, i will send you all of mine and its free

ORA
    -------------------------
    Ian

It would be nice if someone with something like "Mailbomb" could flood the inbox.
    '79 Range Rover classic.

Now sadly sold.

Default Another one, new to me, is it isn't it ?

Dear Robert Lemon.
    I am Barrister Zainal Rashid, an attorney at law. A deceased client of mine, by name, Mr Adams Lemon, who here in after shall be referred to as my client, died as the result of a heart-related condition on the 11th November, 2004. His heart condition was due to the death of all the members of his family in the Gulf Air Flight Crashes in Persian Gulf Near Bahrain Aired August 23, 2000 - 2:50 p.m. I have contacted you to assist in distributing the money left behind by my client before it is confiscated or declared unserviceable by the bank where this deposit valued at 9.5million US dollars is lodged. This bank has issued me a notice to contact the next of kin, or the account will be confiscated.

My proposition to you is to seek your consent to present you as the next-of-kin and beneficiary of my named client, since you have the same last name, so that the proceeds of this account can be paid to you. Then we can share the amount on a mutually agreed-upon percentage. All legal documents to back up your claim as my client's next-of-kin will be provided. All I require is your honest cooperation to enable us see this transaction through.

This will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from many breach of the law. If this business proposition offends your moral values, do accept my apology. I must use this opportunity to implore you to exercise the utmost indulgence to keep this matter extraordinary confidential, whatever your decision, while I await your prompt response. Please contact me at once to indicate your interest. I will like you to acknowledge the receipt of this e-mail as soon as possible via email this transaction will be treated private with absolute confidentiality and sincerity.I look forward to your quick reply.

Best regards,
    Barrister Zainal Rashid.
    '79 Range Rover classic.

Now sadly sold.

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast