Urban legend, web scam, email scam, gullible rubbish, whatever: Recent threads merged - Page 4

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

http://www.smscode.co.za/

Try this link out
    300 TDi 90, OME 2" lift, OME steering damper, steering and diff guards, removed front and rear anti roll bar, snorkel, extra fuel tank, roof rack, running on KM2's

Default New SARS Scam

Be warned the company I work for was nearly caught by this one, on the bank statement it showed an amount of nearly R80k was deposited and this guy phoned us and insisted we repay the money into SARS's account as it was not meant for us it was wrongfully transferred.

He was quite persistent in getting the money but we take time for a cheque to be signed etc the whole red tape and then 3 days later the money was reversed that was paid into the account.

The letter is legit it looks like a original document from SARS so please be careful in getting this letter do not make payments so quick give it a couple of days....

We then phoned SARS and they claimed that he do not even work for SARS and that a mobile number is never displayed on any communication to you from them and the cell number did not even work at all..

Nearly caught but luckily red tape prevented this one!
    "Ability is what gives you the opportunity belief is what gets you there"

David Maritz
    Triton - Barberian!

4ePajero Guest

Scam? Yes.

New? No!

It's been around for many years. They tried me as well.

They paid in R65 000.00 into SWAMBO's business account about a year ago, then faxed a letter similar to the one 4EP recieved to the office.

She asked me about it and I told her to phone the cell nr. which she did. The gentleman on the other side told her that SARS had made a mistake and that she should pay the money back. I then took the phone from her and told the gentleman we would pay him in a weeks' time. He said that it had to be done immediately as we would incur penalties for not doing so. I said that was fine. He then became very aggitated and demanded to speak to SAWMBO

I gave her the phone. She calmy told him that the police were monitoring the phone(They weren't, but you get the idea) and that they were closing in on him. Gosh even I could here him swearing at her before switching off his phone. We never heard from him again and lo and behold 3 days later the transaction was reversed due to a fraudulent cheque having been paid into the account.
    2019 Mahindra S6 Pik Up S/C 4x4
    2007 Mercedes Benz ML500 5.5
    1968 VW Beetle 2276

company where SWAMBO works here in bloem also almost got nabbed
    had 75K deposited and wanted refund, and was also "SARS"
    while waiting for third director to come back from business trip to sign cheque they were contacted by the bank and the cops.....
    case been opened, but doubt anything will come from it....
    You don't need eyes to see...
    You need vision.

Rocky Guest

Its all Nigerians ,. They are the scammers of the world , Have you placed and add in the junkmail latly ? They start sms's at 5 am already , and only want to pay money into your account , At one stage I have 50 thousend stolen cheques into my account they all bounced , I told them they can meet me at honeydew cop station to collect there stuff , Never pitched
    watch out these days

They tried twice to get me nogal in one week. They must get there info from inside.
    2003 COLT RODEO 2.8TDI BRACKENFELL CAPE TOWN SOUTH AFRICA 1300 Tazz vir Liewe Heksie

4ePajero Guest

I actually led them on.

I told them I'd love to sort this out as a matter of urgency, because I want to keep my nose clean as far as SARS goes.
    I suggested we meet at the SARS offices, or if that is inconvenient, at the local police station. I would bring the cash.

It was fun to hear him trying to do two things at the same tie:

• lay his hands on the cash
    • get out of the meeting

Never heard from him again.

When I saw the title I was expecting to come in here and find out that we'd all been unlawfully taxed, or something. What a disappointment - I was hoping I'd be able to get money back from SARS!

get money back from SARS
    should that post be in the "lets all lighten up" thread?
    buggers ow me and i am still waiting
    but lo and behold if i ow them i got one month to cough it up!

any know about this cell phone contract scam
    i keep getting calls from so called cell companies stating i can take out a new contract and cancel the current one?
    get phoned at least three time a week!
    You don't need eyes to see...
    You need vision.

Hulle het al so 2 keer vir my ook geprobeer vang, 1 keer het hulle 'n inbetalling gemaak vir 'n klomp aircons, met verkeerde bedrag wat ek dadelik moes terug betaal, en die ander keer ook met die SARS storie. Omdat ek uit 'n kultuur van wanbetalling kom was dit nie vir my moeilik om hulle aan 'n lyntjie te hou tot die tjek ge RD het. Wat my wel die hel in gemaak het is die bankoste van die RD tjek word van jou verhaal. Iemand gaan skade lui en dit sal nie die bank wees nie.
    Wat my baie puzzle van die klomp is dat hulle aangaan met hulle scams, so daar moet mense wees wat uitgevang word en geld verloor. Hoe naief kan 'n mens wees?
    No one ever ruined their eyesight by looking at the BRIGHT side!!
    Ford Ranger 4l 4x4
    Nissan Patrol 4.8
    Nissan King Cab (aka Navara )
    “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
    Albert Einstein

Whoooopa 3 The Goat strike back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqw5...ature=youtu.be

Another teazer.....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51KljMSXOnI

you all probably know this but just in case... you should always wait AT LEAST 24 hours AFTER the money shows in your account (EFT). Just because it shows in your account does not mean that it is IN your account... it can still be reversed! Obviously if it is a cheque then wait until it is cleared.

Yes, you all know this...just in case.
    Gary
    2005 Nissan X-Trail 2.5 4x4 (SOLD)
    2006 Honda Civic 1.8 VXI (It's complicated)
    2005 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2 Di-D GLX LWB (Yay!)

4x4 Action Group GP0114

What would you do if you knew you could not fail

Rat Guest

These are all old scams, including the SARS one.

I have been recommended to relatives of Charles Taylor, Mobutu Sese Sako, Sonny Abacha, Saddam Hussein and many other despots as someone that can help them get their money out and make a profit.

I have won the UK and European lottery umpteen times without having entered. All the banks, even those I don't bank with have emailed me with dire consequences if I don't verify my details. My "own" bank has phoned me trying to verify details. I said that I would do so immediately at the nearest branch. They knew nothing about it.

Worst, someone supposedly from a rival alarm/armed response company phoned me offering me a cheaper service. They wanted to know my type of alarm etc. I took their name and number. Surprise, the alarm company knew nothing of the person and the number was discontinued.

Beware any unsolicited information gathering. Check this out though http://www.419eater.com/ and have some fun.

Default Money money money

Ah look at this nice person brightening up my friday morning with his email.
    Jeesh Im so busy, someone else have a need for money?

"I am Barr. Cheong Chie, an attorney at law. A deceased client of mine, that shares the same last name as yours, who here in after shall be referred to as my client, died as a result of a heart-related condition on the 11 November 2005. His heart condition was due to the death of all the members of his
    family in the Gulf Air Flight Crashes in Persian Gulf near Bahrain Aired August 23, 2000 -2:50 p.m. ET as reported on: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../23/bn.08.html

I have contacted you to assist in distributing the money left behind by my client before it is confiscated or declared unserviceable by the bank where this deposit valued at Nineteen million dollars (US$19million dollars) is lodged. This bank has issued me a notice to contact the next of kin, or the
    account will be confiscated.

Please contact me through my Private Email address: [email protected]

Best regards,
    Cheong Chie
    Attorney at Law"

Congratulations Dan , I am sure you can think of ways to spend your "new fortune", geez , I wished it was me.., some guys have all the luck !
    Ford 2.5 2005 4x4 SCab

How lucky can you be?!

It's also great of him to give you his "private e-mail address"

Big scam .... again
    Frans
    2003 Prado VX 4.0 AT, Long-range tank, Dual Battery System, Frontrunner roofrack & drawer sytem
    1998 Hilux D/C 3000D
    1996 Land Rover 110 CSW 300 TDi (being revived)

Rocky Guest

Jussie dis my lucky dag ook , selle fortuin my op skype getref kyk hier

Ek het reply maar hoor nou niks nie , kyk my reply !
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Dis nogal interesant dat die ou dieselfde naam as jy gehad het (is jou naam dalk arbam ubama ) en dat hy nooit jou naam noem nie. Ek dink jy moet reply en vra wat die klient se naam was aangesien dit dieselfde as joune is.
    Ek het al begin telling hou van hoeveel ek al geerf het en moes kry weens my email wat lotto wen en ek is al so 750 miljoen pond sterk, dis mos hoekom ek 'n ssang yong ry want nou kan ek sy parte bekostig

Geniet jou miljoene en koop 'n Ssang yong
    Voorkom diefstal. Koop 'n Korando!!!!!!!!1

You have his e mail address, now all you need is something like "Mail bomb" IIRC.
    '79 Range Rover classic.

Now sadly sold.
    88" series 3"Littlemule"my first diesel.No more Landys, all sold

Default Banking scam.

Saw this in our inbox at work this morning.

Dear All

Please be on the look out for the following banking scam.

Regards

Internal Communications

Be On The Look Out – Festive E Hitlhile

Subject: Banking Scam - Receiver of Revenue
    Importance: High

Hi to all of you

This has personally just happened to me. Yesterday I received notification on my cell phone of a deposit into my ABSA account of R82 000. I could not work out who would have deposited it, only a reference J002. At midday yesterday I received a call from John Ndlovu from "South African Receiver of Revenue" stating that they had erroneously deposited a VAT Return of R82 000 into my bank account, Reference J002 and that they needed me to reverse this payment as it should have done to TLB Towers. They faxed through to me a very official looking letter with all the information and their banking details at ABSA. Last night I went into my banking to do the transfer but decided to print a bank statement first. I saw that the R82 000 was in my account but still "uncleared". Gut feelings were quite strong, so I did not reverse the amount but waited till this morning to phone my bank. They could not identify who the deposit came from. I then asked to be transferred to the risk/fraud division and explained everything to them. The ABSA investigators phoned me a short while ago to let me know that this was a scan, the bank account that I was to transfer into was a personal account with no funds in presently. They also expect that the cheque deposited into my account will be a stolen cheque and will bounce and they would reverse it in a few days. This means that would have "paid back" the money into someone's private account, they would have withdrawn the money, and then the cheque would have bounced, leaving me with R82 000 less in my account.

Please can you pass this onto everyone that you know. I have been advised that this is happening with people saying that they are from "SARS", "PEP Stores", TELKOM, Water and Electricity Municipal Departments etc. Do not pay anything into any account and contact your bank immediately.

Kind regards

Ingrid Going
    021979 1440
    082 452 1709

Please Note: This email and its contents are subject to our email legal notice which can be viewed at http://www.sars.gov.za/Email_Disclaimer.pdf
    2017 Hilux 2.4 SRX D/C 4x4 2012 Cross Polo [mamma s'n]

http://travel.webshots.com/album/558867451ncpSPZ

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast